What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

retromax

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by retromax » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:17 pm

RR7 on PS3... yeah it's a bit old now but it cost a fiver in Gamestation the other day! :D
Hi I'm Retromax you may remember me from such songs as "Hantarex Two Five Zero" and "Hantarex Two Five Zero" the remix:)

SpiffierRabbit

Post by SpiffierRabbit » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:09 pm

Ass' Creed 2 on PS3. Not bad I suppose, only an hour in so far.

JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:27 pm

One of my mates at work was playing a puzzly DS game yesterday, one I'd never heard of, 'QuickSpot', it looked and played really fun. I 'obtained' it last night and had a thoroughly good jaunt on it at work earlier (given Sunday is pretty quiet) and have to say it is awesomely fun, if a little simplistic, basically a spot-the-difference Brain Training-type game, but but Namco Bandai, so thusly features loads of cameos from Namco characters (nice to see Sky Kid was in there :D )

famicom69

Post by famicom69 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:57 pm

A friend donated a small portable TV room for my room. It plays my import consoles in colour so I had a Saturn binge this afternoon. I still don't have a RAM pack so Nights and Panzer Dragoon only a got a brief play, however kicking opponents through fences in Fighters Megamix is HILARIOUS. I could also play Sega Rally all day even though it's only three levels long, and then there's the amazing music in Daytona USA.

What a great console. I am not worthy.

STranger81

Post by STranger81 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:19 am

Mario Brothers Wii. This is seriously becoming my favourite Mario game ever. So playable I dont want it to end.
Mafia 2. Brilliant, brilliant game.
Skate 3. The challenges are REALLY starting to bore me now. Mostly just free skate on it now.
Xbox gamer tag: kingboo81

SoupDragon

Post by SoupDragon » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:16 am

Evil Dead - Hail To The King. Damn those wraith thingys are annoying.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:11 am

Picked up PS3 Dante's Inferno cheap on Saturday then proceded to play it for about 12 hours, what a lovely little game. Wasn't expecting much from it but it really surprised me.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:14 pm

Inspired by the news that Namco are working on Tekken Tag Tournament 2, I dug out the original again and my opinion has sooo changed.

The first time round, I had a 'meh' opinion of the game and while the stages and especially the music (aside from the snow forest level) still suck major ass, I'm enjoying the gameplay a lot more. I've even bothered to learn some 10 hit combos which can be pretty annoying with regards to button timings. Finally being able to use the massive combo (culminating in a lightning screw uppercut) that Kazuya wrecks you with in Tekken 2 was oh so satisfying :)
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

stvd

Post by stvd » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:24 pm

Still on Mafia II. Only been playing it for an hour or so every couple of days but I'm getting the feeling, although it's enjoyable, it's not going to be very long.

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:05 pm

Mainly Golden Axe 3 through the Wii, a game I never got round to playing properly but always liked the look of it. I'd say it's the most playable Golden Axe though thinking about it I'm not familiar with Golden Axe 2 so I should try that also. Very much enjoy it though for what it is, prefer it to the original which I just find too basic/repetitive. Top MD game.

Also Kirby's Dream Land 3 and Majyuuou on SNES, both good games, I like Kirby but it does plod along. If you can get into it's slower pace it's a lot of fun and I love the music.
Last edited by C=Style on Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

killbot

Post by killbot » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:06 pm

Started Madworld again at the weekend and have already gotten much further than I did on my first attempt. Still ploughing through PoP:WW, Yoshi's Island SNES and Soul Bubbles, too. Oh, and I'm increasingly thinking about picking up Ocarina Of Time again. The knowledge that the Water Temple is next up has been putting me off for weeks.

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:16 pm

^ I need to get stuck into Madworld, I really liked it but I never got used to the controls where they became second nature, I think you have to reach that point before you can truly appreciate it and that takes time.

As for OoT Water Temple I love that stage, 8) but I really hate the boss. I always struggle with him for some reason.

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:18 pm

Still grinding on Lord Of The Rings Online, I spent about 15 minutes running half way across middle earth for about 300 xp, fantastic! I do have some half decent weapons now so I'm not getting pwned all the time.
Splink!

imaxeroker85

Post by imaxeroker85 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:24 pm

Just finished Kane & Lynch 2 tonight, Also been playing KOF Sky Stage and Neo Geo Battle Col on XBLA

JD!

Post by JD! » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:56 pm

Dragon Age: Origins. I'm THIS close to finishing it but it's so amazing I don't want it to end. Thankfully there are many expansions. :mrgreen: