What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Vanderkaum

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by Vanderkaum » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:10 pm

Super Mario 64 on N64.

Hard to believe but I've never played it before. It's like watching a classic movie or reading a classic book which I missed when it came out haha.

snesfanboy

Post by snesfanboy » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:22 pm

mixing it up between Zelda : Twilight Princess and Resident Evil 4 on Wii, with some other games (Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid Other M)

all on the Wii

WilSorth

Post by WilSorth » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:00 pm

I have a PS3, Wii, PC, and iPhone. Here is what I am playing on all of them.

PS3 - Madden 2010
Wii - Guitar Hero 5 (can't put it down)
PC - Runes of Magic (Free MMO)
iPhone - Chess with Friends and Words with Friends
“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.”

~Mario Andretti

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:29 pm

Megaman Battle and Chase. It started off as a OK Mario Kart clone but after a few hours play it evolves into something much more fun. Being able to tool up your vehicle with the parts you win from other racers is awesome plus certain tracks can be made so much easier with certain parts (Napalm Man's wheels on Spring Man's stage for example). Then there is all the secret racers to defeat, there's quite a bit of content in this if you dig deep enough.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Paulie

Post by Paulie » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:45 pm

Shinobi 3 on the Mega Drive collection for the 360. I dont remember the level with all the falling rocks in the canyon being so difficult though (I think the level is called traps) I just can't seem to nail the double jumps 100% of the time with the 360 pad. I might dust off my MD cart to see if I fair better with the MD pad.

Metal Slug 3 MVS, I just love playing the slug games on a cab.

Metal Slug 3 again, but on the PSP.
My trade/sale thread (Includes my feedback)

http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=23510

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:42 pm

Mr Do and Gorf arcade versions still, and Koudelka and the Gargoyle is still impossibly hard and just ruins the game
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:28 pm

Playing The Ballad Of Gay Tony on 360, really liking it 100% more than The Lost And Damned, I could never gel with that game, bikes n' rock n' Hells Angels leave me totally cold, though it was still a pretty good add-on to GTAIV (and the story/voice acting was brilliant). It's so fun-feeling and full of colour, I can even overlook the texture pop-in that semi-soured TLAD for me. It's like, they made TLAD very po-faced and stripped-down, very serious, with this it's like we're back to Vice City levels of funnage and frippery.

This, it's got colour, it's got disco, it's so much more funky than the scuzzy TLAD, it's even better now me and wor lass have solved our probs and are getting back together, a proper gaming juxtaposition (miserable and apart playing TLAD last week, together and playing Gay Tony this week), like a warm and carefree day after a cold, cold night. :D

llj

Post by llj » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:50 am

Paulie wrote:Shinobi 3 on the Mega Drive collection for the 360. I dont remember the level with all the falling rocks in the canyon being so difficult though (I think the level is called traps) I just can't seem to nail the double jumps 100% of the time with the 360 pad. I might dust off my MD cart to see if I fair better with the MD pad.

I'm sure you're really looking forward to the last level then. :lol:

SoupDragon

Post by SoupDragon » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:41 am

JazzFunk wrote:Playing The Ballad Of Gay Tony on 360, really liking it 100% more than The Lost And Damned, I could never gel with that game, bikes n' rock n' Hells Angels leave me totally cold, though it was still a pretty good add-on to GTAIV (and the story/voice acting was brilliant). It's so fun-feeling and full of colour, I can even overlook the texture pop-in that semi-soured TLAD for me. It's like, they made TLAD very po-faced and stripped-down, very serious, with this it's like we're back to Vice City levels of funnage and frippery.

This, it's got colour, it's got disco, it's so much more funky than the scuzzy TLAD, it's even better now me and wor lass have solved our probs and are getting back together, a proper gaming juxtaposition (miserable and apart playing TLAD last week, together and playing Gay Tony this week), like a warm and carefree day after a cold, cold night. :D
I agree with you. The Ballad Of Gay Tony was way more fun than Lost And Damned (and I LIKE rock n' bikers!) Definately back to the Vice City vibe 8)

RMLF

Post by RMLF » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:18 am

After Lego Indiana Jones

Now frustating myself playing through Lego Star Wars II more frustrating than bloody indiana jones and these games are for kids?... Some sections are completely impossible without pressing start on the 2nd joypad and trying to play 2 player.

Getting R2 on to some platforms which requires a force lift for example is impossible without it.

Also backtracking over the same level over and over and over and over and zzzzzzzzzz

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUMBLE!

These things mess up what are great games
The Artist Formerly Known as Ralph Milne's Left Foot :P

Wheres Gus Ceasar when you need him?... Pah!

Ralph's Trade/Sale Thread http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=22769

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:46 am

The new formula 1 jobby.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:44 pm

Completed the darts minigame on Yakuza 3 so that's that plus Pool and UFO grabbers down. Also done all the revelations and all 50 lockers in Okinawa. Just need the Tuna to complete the fishing minigame but it's one tricky beast to reel in!

Karoake is also tricky.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:53 pm

Megamixer wrote:Completed the darts minigame on Yakuza 3 so that's that plus Pool and UFO grabbers down. Also done all the revelations and all 50 lockers in Okinawa. Just need the Tuna to complete the fishing minigame but it's one tricky beast to reel in!

Karoake is also tricky.
The Tuna isn't to bad when you know how. Get the Shrimp (Bait) from the fish shop in the mall and when you go to fish make sure there is a fish siloutte at the far end of the bar when you cast off. With a lot of patience you should get a Tuna - it takes me forever to reel one in but works every time (great for getting lots of cash relatively fast!)

Karoeke can be a pain to get the top ranks as the game doesn't really explain that you have to choose hard mode in order to get the top rank. Its a bit of a pain getting the rhythm down at first but I didn't have to many problems with the tunes after a couple of goes. You just need to hit most of the notes well, you can still miss quite a few to get the top rank.

Well done on finishing the Pool mini game :D I gave up in the end as I was to damn inaccurate with most of my shots!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Space_turnip

Post by Space_turnip » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:19 pm

F1 on the 360. And very good it is too.

Dead Rising on the 360. It's a bit...meh. I'm not overly impressed with the setting, and is it my imagination or are the graphics signifcantly worse than in the first game?

Civ 5. Genius.

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:03 pm

Dead Rising 2. I hate this game. I hate it as much as the first. I like a bit of freedom in my 3rd person games, not being pushed through the game, being told what to do and at what time. It's going back, and I'm getting something else. I though Case 0 was ok, but this sucks big donkey balls. I am sorely disappointed.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!