What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

QuantumCrayons

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by QuantumCrayons » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:11 pm

nakamura wrote: Love P4. Such a brilliant title. Take it you guessed the killer?
There are so many 'Real Killer's in that game, I can't tell which one you mean :P
But yeah, I didn't really see it coming, but when you sit down and think about i, and see how obvious it is, you can guess it at once.
As for SMT, the game's crazy. Like, seriously. Trust those Japs, aye?

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:14 pm

So how long did it take you to beat P4 then? I pre-ordered it, got it on launch day and still haven't played it. I DID complete both P3 and the FES version though, racking up about 130+ hours on the latter :mrgreen:

Suffice to say, they are some of my favourite PS2 games (after the Yakuza games).
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:16 pm

P4 took me around the 80 hour mark with FES taking around 105 for the Journey. P4 is a better game but I love the story in FES.
The best thing about P4 is that it cost me just £17 new from USA when it came out there. God i miss the strong pound!
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:18 pm

nakamura wrote:P4 took me around the 80 hour mark with FES taking around 105 for the Journey. P4 is a better game but I love the story in FES.
The best thing about P4 is that it cost me just £17 new from USA when it came out there. God i miss the strong pound!
Yeah, one of the few games that I badly wanted to never end. Some of the battles in The Answer (a certain set that I won't spoil) were really amazing and kinda moving. The music has a lot to do with it - shame that neither version of Persona 3 included an OST like P4 did.

On a related note, has anybody else got the free t-shirt that came with pre-orders of P4? I have and it looks horrible :lol:
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:21 pm

Megamixer wrote:
nakamura wrote:P4 took me around the 80 hour mark with FES taking around 105 for the Journey. P4 is a better game but I love the story in FES.
Yeah, one of the few games that I badly wanted to never end. Some of the battles in The Answer (a certain set that I won't spoil) were really amazing and kinda moving. The music has a lot to do with it - shame that neither version of Persona 3 included an OST like P4 did.

On a related note, has anybody else got the free t-shirt that came with pre-orders of P4? I have and it looks horrible :lol:
No but I got the artbook with the US version.

P3, The Answer is something I am still doing, it pop it on every now and again for a go. The OST is fantastic, I picked it up for a fiver in Japan when I was there in 2008. The dungeon track builds magnificently.
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:24 pm

nakamura wrote:P3, The Answer is something I am still doing, it pop it on every now and again for a go. The OST is fantastic, I picked it up for a fiver in Japan when I was there in 2008. The dungeon track builds magnificently.
Do you play it with a translation guide then?

Paulie

Post by Paulie » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:32 pm

Having fun with New Zealand Story (Taito legends power-up) on the PSP, but its much tougher than I rember it to be or maybe in my old age Im just rubbish :lol:
My trade/sale thread (Includes my feedback)

http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=23510

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:40 pm

Bloody hell
People that could sit threw that shitefest that is Persona 4

Aside from Painkiller been playing some god damn Freecell

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:43 pm

Megamixer wrote:
nakamura wrote:P3, The Answer is something I am still doing, it pop it on every now and again for a go. The OST is fantastic, I picked it up for a fiver in Japan when I was there in 2008. The dungeon track builds magnificently.
Do you play it with a translation guide then?
No I have the US versions but got the soundtracks in Japan. :)

QuantumCrayons

Post by QuantumCrayons » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:11 pm

P4 has me sitting at 59 hours and 37 minutes, and that's True/Best Ending completion. Didn't max out many S.Links (got, 5 or 6) and didn't even start some. Was Lv82 when I finished, I think, with my 3 mains at around the same. Best thing is, I bought it on a whim for £20; my local Gamestation had 4 copies for around 10,000 people. Didn't see fit to pass it up.
I really want P3:FES, but I haven't got the money to fork out £10 for it, and I don't think I could manage 100+ hours right now. So, I'm sitting down with a translation of SMTI and I'm enjoying it quite a bit now. Very different from the Persona series so far.

What I might do, when I get my new machine is 'acquire' Persona: Revelations and play through that. Until then, I have DDS1/2 to keep me amused, and I might find FES in the meantime.
Also, Prinny, how can you say that P4 is bad? What aspects didn't you enjoy?

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:32 pm

QuantumCrayons wrote: Also, Prinny, how can you say that P4 is bad? What aspects didn't you enjoy?
Sit threw hours of talking about nothing.
Do one battle
Sit threw more hours of talking
Do some walking and talking
Battle
Talking
Walking in some building
Talking battle
Walking
Battle
Its to bad the battles bored the hell outa me and there was so much damn talking about nothing
If I wanted to read about somebodys life for hours id read a book

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:55 pm

It's called a script Prinny and it was a bloody funny one at that! :P

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:59 pm

Didnt even smile

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:13 pm

:lol: Fair enough. I can see why people don't like it mind. It is rather different to most other RPGs. If it gets you though.....

QuantumCrayons

Post by QuantumCrayons » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:15 pm

nakamura wrote::lol: Fair enough. I can see why people don't like it mind. It is rather different to most other RPGs. If it gets you though.....
So, is P3:FES a better game, or just a better story?