What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Mr Vengeance

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by Mr Vengeance » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:01 pm

STranger81 wrote:
gmintyfresh wrote:Wolfenstein (2009) - getting to the end of this game, loved it so far one of the best £10's I've spent this year.
+1.

I finished this last week and thought it was fantastic. I also got it for a tenner and thought it was brilliant. Going to be getting another playthrough on uber when I get round to it.

Currently playing:

Prinny, Can I Really Be The Hero? (PSP) Brilliant platform game, dood!

Red Dead Redemption. (360) Utter genius. When I heard "better than GTAIV" I thought "theres no way thats true", but bought it and my god! My 360 died while playing this yesterday. Queue me jumping in my car to pick up a new console post haste! And this game is the reason I got less than 2 hours sleep last night, and therefor ive spent all day on coffee and red bull at work.
My local GAME got in Prinny the other day - must get it. Its new and just €13....
Nintendo DS games: 41

SpiffierRabbit

Post by SpiffierRabbit » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:16 pm

Had a blast on Afro Samurai on PS3, what a rubbish game! I love the manga, but this is poor!

STranger81

Post by STranger81 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:27 pm

Mr Vengeance wrote:
STranger81 wrote:
gmintyfresh wrote:Wolfenstein (2009) - getting to the end of this game, loved it so far one of the best £10's I've spent this year.
+1.

I finished this last week and thought it was fantastic. I also got it for a tenner and thought it was brilliant. Going to be getting another playthrough on uber when I get round to it.

Currently playing:

Prinny, Can I Really Be The Hero? (PSP) Brilliant platform game, dood!

Red Dead Redemption. (360) Utter genius. When I heard "better than GTAIV" I thought "theres no way thats true", but bought it and my god! My 360 died while playing this yesterday. Queue me jumping in my car to pick up a new console post haste! And this game is the reason I got less than 2 hours sleep last night, and therefor ive spent all day on coffee and red bull at work.
My local GAME got in Prinny the other day - must get it. Its new and just €13....
Thats good value. Just done a conversion and I paid 19 euros (£15.99) for it from HMV. It was in two for £20 but for the sake of 4 quid there was nothing I wanted. The only other games I liked in the offer were ones I already have. The bloke at the till looked at me gone out when I said id just be wasting 4 quid on a game I didnt really want. (In hindsight they had Loco Roco 2 which, looking back I wished id picked up)

BellyFullOfHell

Post by BellyFullOfHell » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:41 pm

Yakuza 3. I love Shenmue 2 back in the day and never realised that these games were supposed to be pretty similar. I've nothing like the sort of time available that this seems it's going to demand, but being off work for a few days I've picked it up and have really enjoyed the first few hours. Totally incomprehensible plot though.

JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:38 pm

As I recently bought a minty, sealed PGR4 for £4.99 in the recent Gamestation sale, on Sunday I decided to finally start playing the coverless copy of Project Gotham Racing 3 I got for £1.99 last year, lest I 'missed summat out' before beginning PGR4.

The last time I played a PGR game was in 1995, around the time the last proper Daft Punk CD came out, but even though this is a five year old game, I think it's ruddy excellent, I'm just swooping through it (even done many of the stages with platinum medals), it's like after five years of not playing a PGR game, the 'sense' of playing a Gotham racer is still there, the instinct. Anyway, OCD-style, I *have* to finish it, but thank god it's f*cking excellent. :D

JD!

Post by JD! » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:25 am

Currently playing Street Fighter IV on PC and bugger me it's hard. The first few matches are OK but then you get to a character like Zangiefor El Fuerte and they just continuously spam these super powerful moves. You can't even get near them to land a hit, it's insane. I'm not the greatest gamer in the world but I honestly feel the game is somewhat unbalanced. Zangief and Rufus' size does not hinder their speed at all which is ridiculous. Ryu and Ken don't even move as fast as they do and they are half their size.

Anyway, I've been putting the controller down more in frustration than anything else. This game may end up on my Pile of Shame...

imaxeroker85

Post by imaxeroker85 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:28 am

Played alot of Def jam Fight for ny takeover (PSP) during the last day of the Senfeld marathon, great game.

Downloaded World cup 2010 for the ipod touch, not a bad game, controls get on my nerves but thats the norm for sports games on the ipod, cant wait to get back home to play South Africa on the xbox with my girlfriend.

Playing heaps of No Mercy (64), sticking with the CAWS and tearing it up with some epic matches.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:33 am

BellyFullOfHell wrote:Yakuza 3. I love Shenmue 2 back in the day and never realised that these games were supposed to be pretty similar. I've nothing like the sort of time available that this seems it's going to demand, but being off work for a few days I've picked it up and have really enjoyed the first few hours. Totally incomprehensible plot though.
Its worth checking out both flashback videos to get an idea of the plot from the first 2 games as a few plot points and characters (both minor and major) carry over to this game.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:49 am

Finished Wolfenstein last night, quite good ending I'd give the game 8/10.

Started COD Classic for the 360 - seems strange now playing a FPS with a health bar that doesn't recharge!!

SoupDragon

Post by SoupDragon » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:34 am

Alien Trilogy on Playstation. Loved it when I first played it years ago. Forgot how hard it can be. Or its just my rubbish gaming skills :lol:

Neilos626

Post by Neilos626 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:35 am

I finished divinty 2 on the 360 last week and have decided to return to Morrowind goty. This will be the 4th time I have tried to finish the game, my other attempts were scuppered by the daft bug in the xbox version that stops you from completing the main quest.
Flux Capacitors wanted email MartyMcFly1985@greatscott.net

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:36 pm

I started Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom on the PS3. Man is it ever lame!

Boring hack n slash play, crap story, rubbish voice acting, ugly graphics...I only got it because of the hot chick on the cover, and I can't even play as her :lol:

Mr Vengeance

Post by Mr Vengeance » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:43 pm

STranger81 wrote:
Thats good value. Just done a conversion and I paid 19 euros (£15.99) for it from HMV. It was in two for £20 but for the sake of 4 quid there was nothing I wanted. The only other games I liked in the offer were ones I already have. The bloke at the till looked at me gone out when I said id just be wasting 4 quid on a game I didnt really want. (In hindsight they had Loco Roco 2 which, looking back I wished id picked up)
Yeah its a good price alright, may get it at the end of the week if its still there.

Regarding Loco 2, take back your Prinny and ask them if you can rebuy it with the offer. HMV are normally ok for exchanges.
Nintendo DS games: 41

SpiffierRabbit

Post by SpiffierRabbit » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:37 pm

Call of Duty 4 MW. Really surprising that the multiplayer is still as strong as it was 2-3 years ago.

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:41 pm

Just completed the wonderful Fire Temple on Ocarina. Really enjoyed that part. Slowing getting through it. Also a bit of Yakuza on the side on PS2 which is also very good.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)