What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Vivid

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by Vivid » Sat May 01, 2010 3:06 pm

I'm playing through Secret of Monkey Island again in preparation for the remake of LeChucks Revenge this summer.

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Sat May 01, 2010 3:32 pm

C=Style wrote:
Mr Vengeance wrote: Stunt Racer 64? Never heard of that.
I hadn't either until recently but it's quite a rare game only being sold in the US and at Blockbuster stores only, available to buy and rent. It's a very smooth racer with set objectives you have to achieve. It's really addictive and plays very well. I never hear it mentioned myself but it has a little following of it's own and I can see why. I've been playing quite a bit of it and it's very fun. One to get if you are a N64 collector. :mrgreen:

Vid <here>
Looks great! 60fps goodness if i am not mistake. Love the music on that video too. :D
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Sat May 01, 2010 6:30 pm

Yeah, I did think the exact same thing too but from playing it I'm sure it's not 60fps. It's just very smooth and it supports the expansion pack. If you like your over the top arcade racers (which I know you do) then you will like this.

@ MR V, no I don't think it is anything to do with Stunt Race FX, which is a shame as that was a great game. Woudl love to see a sequel to it but that's never going to happen.

Still trawling through the N64 games, played loads and not really settled on anything as I'm just having fun trying them out. One I erally wanted to try out is GT64/City Tour GP and it is yet another great N64 racer. >vid here< For some reason it moves quite a bit soother than that video shows but you get the general idea. The JP version is different for some reason and is based around City tracks instead.

Mr Vengeance

Post by Mr Vengeance » Sun May 02, 2010 10:49 am

Be sure to check out Mario Tennis and 1080 Snowboarding C-Style - two outstanding videogames in the gameplay department, even if the visuals are now a little dated.
Nintendo DS games: 41

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sun May 02, 2010 10:58 am

I'm playing a little bit of Punch Out for the Wii. Beat the Minor League Circuit KO'ing King Hippo which was awesome. Its a really good addition to the franchise. Nice to see it play pretty much identical to the Nes version and giving you the option to not use motion controls. The challenge mode looks fun to.

I'm also progressing well on Forbidden Siren. I'm well into "Day 2" now and am trying to finish the secondary objectives that I still need to do.

I'm also still playing loads of SSFIV online. I should be able to get up to about 200 wins by the end of the bank holiday weekend.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun May 02, 2010 11:17 am

Considering I have banned my self from PSo Blue Burst i have found my self playing a lot of Freecell

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun May 02, 2010 4:09 pm

Still The Fast and the Furious. How did a Ford Focus just beat my Toyota Supra? Damnit. Spent a looooooong time messing about with paint jobs and custom vinyls/designs tonight, trying to get it looking just right. Too bad it isn't as good on the road as I thought despite me adding loads of high-spec performance mods.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

SpiffierRabbit

Post by SpiffierRabbit » Sun May 02, 2010 5:16 pm

Last Blade 2 on NeoGeo

GigaPepsiMan

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Sun May 02, 2010 6:46 pm

Fahrenheit.
I have been playing this non-stop, I just got to the bit where you are at the mental hospital just after interviewing that murder then all of sudden the lights went out, the patients escpaed from their cells and the game went 1st person.
I was playing it in the dark and I am totally freaked out, so freaked out that I had to stop playing.

famicom69

Post by famicom69 » Sun May 02, 2010 7:06 pm

Currently addicted to Twin Cobra on the Mega Drive. Pretty basic, but it's great fun.

SpiffierRabbit

Post by SpiffierRabbit » Sun May 02, 2010 7:13 pm

GigaPepsiMan wrote:Fahrenheit.
I have been playing this non-stop, I just got to the bit where you are at the mental hospital just after interviewing that murder then all of sudden the lights went out, the patients escpaed from their cells and the game went 1st person.
I was playing it in the dark and I am totally freaked out, so freaked out that I had to stop playing.
One of my favourite games ever.

SexyWayne

Post by SexyWayne » Sun May 02, 2010 10:05 pm

Assassin's Creed 2, cleaning up the achievements... some of Subject 16's glyph puzzles need super human brain power to crack.. and I'm not ashamed to say it's taken me a couple of weeks off and on to crack a few of em and I had to Google for help with the last one... check this one out from 2:20 the dial puzzle was frustating enough, then imagine having to face a screen full of seemingly random numbers and trying to work out wtf they mean :lol: spoiler: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGd9FR_iU_0

Although all the numbers relate to the previous puzzles as combination codes (I think), and the symbols relate to the glyphs on the buildings but of course I didn't take any notice of the numbers at the time, as soon as I watched that YouTube vid it clicked... I could have kicked myself :lol:

I've finished all 20 of the puzzles now, never again... :evil: but the video it unlocks makes it well worth it, and adds a lot to the pieces of eden story

Only 4 more achievements to go now, kill 10 guards without being hit, throw sand in 4 guards faces at once, the feather collecting and the Auditore cape one which I can't do without collecting the feathers first, I'm determined to make this my first 1000/1000 game

Overall a great game and I can't wait for #3

eggman1973

Post by eggman1973 » Sun May 02, 2010 11:05 pm

Been putting time into Afterburner Climax and also that recent Namco comp on PSN... Pacman, Xevious, Galaga, Dragon Spirit... mmmmmm!

The odd game of FIFA too of course, not to mention the plethora of choice on the iTouch...

Spooky

Post by Spooky » Mon May 03, 2010 6:25 am

GigaPepsiMan wrote:Fahrenheit.
I don't remember that part... might have to play it again then! :lol: I also love that game, I was given a demo of this game and soon after, I went back to the shop to buy the game. :wink:
Translator for Pix'n Love Publishing:
The History of Sonic (Spring 2012)
Gunpei Yokoi biography (Q2 2012)
The History of Mario (Q2 2012)

http://www.pixnlovepublishing.com

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Mon May 03, 2010 6:34 am

Swearing at World Cup 2010. The online is crap, so much response lag. Also the game is so biased against the better teams. It seems my little Japanese striker will NEVER win a shoulder to shoulder challenge with anyone.
Also on Toca 3. What a magnificent racer. SO smooth, fast, fun with great variety.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)