What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:07 am

Armor Attack (Vectrex) - the first game I've played on my recently acquired Vectrex whilst using an overlay. :)
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

famicom69

Post by famicom69 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:34 am

Condemned: Criminal Origins. It features one of the funniest moments I have ever been experienced in a game.

Thomas: Federal agent! Come out peacefully or I will use force!

Crackhead hiding around the corner: censored YOU!

Other than Condemned, I'm stupidly addicted to Bejeweled 2.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:37 am

Mootown wrote:
nesmaster wrote:
Mootown wrote:
I quite liked World Heroes Jet :D Why do you think its crap?
I like 2D fighters with a good combo system and cool characters. Not a fat Ghengis Khan with jerky animation and 2 hit combo's and a Bruce Lee rip-off who says 'woooohooo' constantly. The first one was funny, they should really have stopped though. Incidently I used to own them all on MVS as they were like £5 each.
I don't like Jet either.

The first one is okay but it's the second one that I like the best. I can't explain why but I just think Jet is worse than WH2. The final boss (Zeus) is a nightmare - I've never beaten the overpowered git.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:50 am

As I'm looking forward to the new Bionic Commando so much I decided to go back and playthrough the original NES version. Still a damn good game even today, love the swinging mechanic in it as well. Takes a little getting used to but after a while it becomes second nature.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:51 am

famicom69 wrote:Condemned: Criminal Origins. It features one of the funniest moments I have ever been experienced in a game.

Thomas: Federal agent! Come out peacefully or I will use force!

Crackhead hiding around the corner: censored YOU!
:lol: That made me laugh too.
ShadowMan wrote:As I'm looking forward to the new Bionic Commando so much I decided to go back and playthrough the original NES version. Still a damn good game even today, love the swinging mechanic in it as well. Takes a little getting used to but after a while it becomes second nature.
Have you tried Bionic Commando: Rearmed on XBLA? It's a fantastic remake with really nice graphics, takes everything about the original game that was good, makes it even better and adds a cool 'Challenge' mode into the mix too. Well worth a look. :)
ImageImage

RetroPassion - still live and kicking!
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:02 am

ToxieDogg wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:As I'm looking forward to the new Bionic Commando so much I decided to go back and playthrough the original NES version. Still a damn good game even today, love the swinging mechanic in it as well. Takes a little getting used to but after a while it becomes second nature.
Have you tried Bionic Commando: Rearmed on XBLA? It's a fantastic remake with really nice graphics, takes everything about the original game that was good, makes it even better and adds a cool 'Challenge' mode into the mix too. Well worth a look. :)
Yep, I've given it a try and will be replaying it again soon. Loved the way they faithfully recreated it while adding a few nice touches to it. I've also given a couple of the challenge mode levels a try and they are very... clever. I spent more time playing room 2 than I did the main game, and it gets harder!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

nesmaster

Post by nesmaster » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:51 am

One of the greatest NES games ever :) I never completed it though.
Xbox Live Gamer Tag:
SuperWarioMan

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:16 pm

nesmaster wrote:
One of the greatest NES games ever :) I never completed it though.
I never finished it on the NES either. I completed Bionic Commando: Rearmed on XBLA, but still have less than half the achievements for it :shock: After completing it, you unlock a 'Super Hard' mode, as if it isn't hard enough already!! :lol:
ImageImage

RetroPassion - still live and kicking!
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:41 pm

Picked up red alert 3 on the 360, wish i had gotten it for the pc tho
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

Pacific

Post by Pacific » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:14 am

rocky1980 wrote:Picked up red alert 3 on the 360, wish i had gotten it for the pc tho
Would you say its worth getting compared to some of the other RTS games around at the moment?

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:44 am

Just started Astro Boy: The Omega Factor for the GBA. Feels like part Megaman and part Gunstar Heroes. Really good fun so far though.

Muralbat

Post by Muralbat » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:34 am

Going to try and completle Assasins Creed today I think. I've had it since release but got sidetracked about half way through it and never went back to it.

Then when thats finished might actually :oops: start bioshock
I'm a Portsmouth FC Fan. Please, go easy on me.

bonerlaw

Post by bonerlaw » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:21 am

I think Ive nearly completed the story mode of Fallout 3, but will be working on the side missions before I do!

Space_turnip

Post by Space_turnip » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:10 pm

I'm currently playing COD WaW on the PC along with occasional bouts of GRID and Fallout 3.
My 360 lies dormant and unwanted, but I still have Gears 2 and a few EA sports games i've got to be getting on with.
My psp is in constant use at the moment, and tonight I shall be playing Endwar. I hope it's good...

I've also become addicted to Chaos (through WoS) again, a good 16 years since the last time I was thoroughly addicted.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:22 am

After finally finishing Smash Bros Brawl I can now get back to clearing through my backlog of retro games starting with Panzer Dragoon Saga.