What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

GarryG

Post by GarryG » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:33 am

LeeT wrote:
sscott wrote:
LeeT wrote:Encounter, Great Giana Sisters - C64

Mickey's Mototcross Racing - N64
Do you actually like Great Gianna Sisters or is it just a guilty pleasure?
How do you think it compares to Mario?
I think its the nearest that C64 owners will get to a Mario game and its excellent too. :)
I've only played the Amiga version, I thought it was a bit too hard at the benign. Definitely harder to get into than the Mario games.
Why not visit my ramblings at Garry's Gaming Blog

DANW547

Post by DANW547 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:11 pm

I just finished Deus Ex (again) this time on the PS2 so I could see all the re-done FMV endings, now starting on the xbox version of Invisible War.

In the multiplayer arena it's Fire Pro Wrestling Returns and Urban Reign on PS2, the PS2 really does have a lot of juice left in it in my opinion, at least in terms of cheap games you can buy that will give you oodles of pleasure.
----

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:56 am

I'm currently (trying) to go through Final Fight from the classics collection. Still just as hard as I remember it! and no less fun either
I've been playing Super Mario Bros, Mega Man 3, Ninja Gaiden and Super C on my Playchoice cab. All great games though the joystick doesn't suit Mega Man 3 perfectly.
I've also started, and quickly completed Kane and Lynch. Good game though it gets pretty bad toward the end.

I'll be playing K&L as well as a few other online now as I got a years gold membership so if anyone want to do some co-op let me know.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Shin_Gouki

Post by Shin_Gouki » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:03 am

Gradius IV - PS2
真・豪鬼

C=Style

Post by C=Style » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:33 am

At the moment I'm playing Crackdown. Took a little while to start enjoying this one, at first it felt really awkward to play but once you start to build up your character stats (to around 3 stars) it really opens up the game. I'm happy to find that the main focus here appears to be good gameplay. Makes a change that.

This is one of them games you just keep coming back to over and over to beat your previous times etc, it really feels like a lot of playtesting has gone into it, a real polished product that's feels fresh to play and also really addictive. (Looks eye meltingly good too, sooo colourful!)

So another top 360 game! Not had this much fun since the Dreamcast and to be honest with you I didn't expect this much quality out of the current gen games.

mick_aka

Post by mick_aka » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:27 pm

Just had a good thrash on Solaris on my Atari 2600, still an awesome game.

This evening I'm going to fire up the 32X for a bit of Stellar Assault :)

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:03 am

Guitar Hero 3 online. 2 things seem very clear which are starting to annoy me. People quit at the first sign that they are loosing (all time record is having someone quit out 7 seconds into a song), and every other person seemed to choose Through the Fire and the Flames (which is now my least favorite song!) Wouldn't be so bad if they didn't quit 5 minutes through it. Online Co op is great fun though.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:02 pm

Garou Mark of the Wolves - Wow the DC version is pixel perfect, I love the graphics and the music also a joy to play. Why is it that every DC game I play on my Sony Bravia looks so damn good? ;)

Hexic HD - A 360 game that was pre-loaded onto my Elite but I've only just given it a go, a really nice little puzzle game, great with Pantera playing away in the background. I still haven't quite managed to get one of those black pearls!

Devil May Cry 4

KOF Maximum Impact

Spooky

Post by Spooky » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:54 am

I've finally begun playing Bioshock... and what a shock indeed!
That games is scary! Last time I was this scared, it was RE4! That's a good thing, since I'm a big fan of these games.
The general atmosphere is breathtaking, it's extremely beautiful...
I've heard many good reviews about this game before, and now I can see why!
For the last two days, I found myself playing until late in the night, without even noticing it... always a sure sign you're playing a great game! :wink:
Translator for Pix'n Love Publishing:
The History of Sonic (Spring 2012)
Gunpei Yokoi biography (Q2 2012)
The History of Mario (Q2 2012)

http://www.pixnlovepublishing.com

firebreather

Post by firebreather » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:51 am

Spartan total warrior on PS2, i like ot have a bit of mindless hack n slash

mick_aka

Post by mick_aka » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:29 am

firebreather wrote:Spartan total warrior on PS2, i like ot have a bit of mindless hack n slash
Have this on the GameCube, great for a bit of stress relief :)

Sureshot

Post by Sureshot » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:16 am

Been playing NHL '94 again a lot recently, although this time I'm giving the SNES version a bash. In some ways, it does things better than the Mega Drive version, and in some ways worse. If someone did a remake taking the best elements out of both, (with a touch of NHL '94 on Sega CD), it would be the definitive NHL game.

stejay

Post by stejay » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:18 am

I got Just Cause two years ago, when it came out, and still haven't completed it. It is the only ever game to do this to me man!

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:43 pm

Been playing an unhealthy amount of Ninja Gaiden on my Arcade Cab all week. Tonight I managed to win the game once, and then won it again for the hell of it! I now have nearly all of the game memorized and love it to pieces, reminds me a lot of Castlevania and Mega Man.
On a Castlevania related note, anyone who hates the placing of the bats in those games will be angry with NG, its birds are twice as bad and often pop up and send you right into a pit!

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:45 pm

The waiting game, for this wound to dry so I can pull the beggar off mess free :P
Watching you sleep since 1990