What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Freshmetal

Post by Freshmetal » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:55 pm

Been getting prepared for a new uni course, so not been playing a huge amount, but did get through the first few hours of Resident Evil on PSone today.

Confessor

Post by Confessor » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:24 am

Medal of Honor on psx. Stuck on that damned impenetrable Fort Schmetzen. :twisted:

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:41 am

Unfortunately I've got support phone duties this weekend - so I'm taking IT illiterate people through how to do things on their PC and reading RG forum inbetween.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:42 am

Have been playing Donkey Kong for the gameboy which I have just completed (Final boss was awesome! well the whole game was).

Gave up on Motorstorm because the AI rubberbanding on one stage made it impossible to get all Gold, so I gave up on all Gold medals and just cleared each stage (Nice game though)

Started to Play Spiderman 2 on the Gameboy again (anyone played it? it kinda sucks!) finally got past the blasted rollercoaster stage after about 15 years and am now stuck on the blimp.

I've also started Tomb Raider for the PSOne, never played it before (always disliked it for some reason) but aside from the tank controls (Worse than Resident Evil?) it is a fantastic game. Love the exploration element.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

bigfreakypossum

Post by bigfreakypossum » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:18 am

Just got an Xbox 360 so I've been playing Stranglehold and Forza 2. Once I setup my Live account I think there's gonna be a lot of SF2', though the controller seems poorly suited for it.

On MAME I've been playing Robotron and Knights of Valor 2.

mikeb

Post by mikeb » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:37 am

Rescue on Fracatalus!

And being very very scared every time I pick up a pilot in case it turns out to be a Jaggi monster.

Last time it happened I nearly spilt my cup of tea..

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:15 pm

OK, am I missing something?

Been playing Sonic Labyrinth on Game Gear....just finished it.

It took a grand total of 26 minutes, and I got a rating of five stars at the end.

No save states used, finished with 8 lives.

I'm crap at games, is this just a really easy game or what?

John Paulie

Post by John Paulie » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:01 am

These are the current games in my circulation.

Shenmue II (DC)
Soukyugurentai Otokuyo (Saturn)
Call of Duty - Finest Hour (XBox)
Halo (XBox)

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:22 am

John Paulie wrote:These are the current games in my circulation.

Shenmue II (DC)
Soukyugurentai Otokuyo (Saturn)
Call of Duty - Finest Hour (XBox)
Halo (XBox)
How are you liking Shenmue 2? I think it was a fantastic sequel with an awesome story and a unbeatable atmosphere. Oh and the 3rd Disc is some of my favorite gaming ever (If you haven't seen the ending before you'll be in for a shock!)

Anyway, I've just picked up Super Paper Mario and love it. Far to easy at the moment but I love the 2D paper graphics and the gameplay which adds a new twist to the mario template.

I've managed to finish Resident Evil 4 and the Separate ways side quest for the Wii also, and I still think its my favorite Wii game. The controls really add to the game more than I though. Just got Operation Ada and Mercs 5 star ratings to go now!

I've finally got a good copy of Megaman for the Gamegear so I've been playing around with that quite a bit, great port of the Nes games (4 and 5) and the only problem I have is that the bosses seem to have been sped up considerbly as they can wipe the floor with you if your unprepared (Though I am playing throuhg on Hard mode - closer to the Nes games and only using the default weapon throughout the game!)

Today I should get my copies of Halo 3 (Co-Op here I come) and Battle Garegga which I plan on playing a hell of a lot over the coming months.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Emperor Fossil

Post by Emperor Fossil » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:37 am

merman wrote:Xyanide Resurrection (PS2)
Do you know if this differs much to the original xbox version of Xyanide?

merman

Post by merman » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:43 am

Emperor Fossil wrote:
merman wrote:Xyanide Resurrection (PS2)
Do you know if this differs much to the original xbox version of Xyanide?
No, I didn't play that. The storyline apparently follows on though.

(Reviewing it for www.consoleob.com at the moment)
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

Emperor Fossil

Post by Emperor Fossil » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:50 am

I just found a video of it on youtube. Looks quite different, and it seems they've added some kind of targeting reticle to aid with aiming, which is good because in the xbox version it was kind of hard to tell where your shots were headed at times.

Also I stumbled across this: Xyanide on GBA!

Wildnites

Post by Wildnites » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:52 am

Just started to play Broken Sword 3 on Xbox, I have played and completed the 1st & 2nd ones and really enjoyed them.

I'm not very far into the game I don't think.... really enjoying it though, I like all the references to the first two games :)
Please Sir I cannot tell a lie......

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:56 am

Wildnites wrote:Just started to play Broken Sword 3 on Xbox, I have played and completed the 1st & 2nd ones and really enjoyed them.

I'm not very far into the game I don't think.... really enjoying it though, I like all the references to the first two games :)
let me know how this one stacks up compared the first 2, I'm a huge fan of them and haven't got round to starting the 3rd yet and would love to hear other peoples opinions of it.

MC1

Post by MC1 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:13 pm

I thought the 3rd one was great as well.

If you like the first 2, defo give it a go.