What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

User avatar
Shinobi
Posts: 7601
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:33 am
Location: The Pride Lands

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by Shinobi » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:39 pm

SNES SDS Everdrive has had an update to Play Gameboy games, GB games run like a dream but certain newer GBC have problems.
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

User avatar
The Last Ginja
Posts: 2005
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:29 pm
Location: Currently Adventuring in Norwich

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by The Last Ginja » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:26 am

Shenmue 3 on the PS4. After the QTE hell of Shenmue 2 this is a lot more relaxing. I'm only a couple of hours in but so far I've chopped a lot of wood, bought too many capsules from vending machines and done a lot of Kung Fu training.

I need to chop more wood to get more money since I've locked myself out of continuing the story because I bought too many capsules :)

Wolfenstein Youngblood PS4- I'm playing this co-op and loving it. It's absolutely mental at times action and story wise. If you like big dumb shooters with skill trees you'll like this although I'd suggest checking out the older(new) Wolfenstein games first if you haven't already.

User avatar
Crusty Starfish
Posts: 522
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:38 pm

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by Crusty Starfish » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:49 pm

Serious Sam: The First Encounter on a mates Oculus Rift. It's bonkers!

ulrich7ad
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:44 am

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by ulrich7ad » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:30 am

The Last Ginja wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:26 am
Shenmue 3 on the PS4. After the QTE hell of Shenmue 2 this is a lot more relaxing. I'm only a couple of hours in but so far I've chopped a lot of wood, bought too many capsules from vending machines and done a lot of Kung Fu training.

I need to chop more wood to get more money since I've locked myself out of continuing the story because I bought too many capsules :)

Wolfenstein Youngblood PS4- I'm playing this co-op and loving it. It's absolutely mental at times action and story wise. If you like big dumb shooters with skill trees you'll like this although I'd suggest checking out the older(new) Wolfenstein games first if you haven't already.
Are you going for the plat on this?. If so a guide is mega helpful if only for the sidequests which lock out if you advance to far in the story. Ain't hard just a ball ache. Great game mind, better than the second.

User avatar
sscott
Posts: 13159
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:26 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by sscott » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:01 pm

Just finished Man of Medan, bit glitchy but pretty good. Also finished Modern Warfare 2 remastered. Still grinding Rocket League after 5 years!
Image

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24911
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by DPrinny » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:44 pm

Had to test all the games on my Wii HDD
I put some right c**p on it
Also
Image
The worst selling Wii game Sukeban Shachou Rena, its a shame as it has a quite detailed pus*y.............
Crusty Starfish wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:49 pm
Serious Sam: The First Encounter on a mates Oculus Rift. It's bonkers!
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa*BOOM*!

User avatar
Sel Feena
Posts: 3549
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:38 pm

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by Sel Feena » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:03 am

Bloodstained Curse of the Moon 2, fantastic stuff. I feel like the level design is a lot better here and forces you to make use of all the characters

Really hope there’s news of a Ritual of the Night sequel at some point

Also started into Blaster Master 2, it’s pretty fun though it seems I’ve got stuck with trying to find some fruits for a plant-bimbo-pilot-thing
Image

User avatar
The Last Ginja
Posts: 2005
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:29 pm
Location: Currently Adventuring in Norwich

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by The Last Ginja » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:03 am

ulrich7ad wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:30 am
The Last Ginja wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:26 am
Shenmue 3 on the PS4. After the QTE hell of Shenmue 2 this is a lot more relaxing. I'm only a couple of hours in but so far I've chopped a lot of wood, bought too many capsules from vending machines and done a lot of Kung Fu training.

I need to chop more wood to get more money since I've locked myself out of continuing the story because I bought too many capsules :)

Wolfenstein Youngblood PS4- I'm playing this co-op and loving it. It's absolutely mental at times action and story wise. If you like big dumb shooters with skill trees you'll like this although I'd suggest checking out the older(new) Wolfenstein games first if you haven't already.
Are you going for the plat on this?. If so a guide is mega helpful if only for the sidequests which lock out if you advance to far in the story. Ain't hard just a ball ache. Great game mind, better than the second.
Thanks for the tip as I didn't know this! Was the one you used relatively spoiler free? I'm considering it,as so far I'm loving the sedate pace of it but I'm very early on I've just unlocked the sunflower area and have to go talk to the kids about the thugs in the morning.

I love how I could jump straight to that without any messing around. Instead I wandered around picked up some herbs, found someone else to train against and found the guy who rents the fishing rods. That's where I'm going after the next story beat, I love a bit of fishing in video games :D

ulrich7ad
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:44 am

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by ulrich7ad » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:28 am

The Last Ginja wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:03 am
ulrich7ad wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:30 am
The Last Ginja wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:26 am
Shenmue 3 on the PS4. After the QTE hell of Shenmue 2 this is a lot more relaxing. I'm only a couple of hours in but so far I've chopped a lot of wood, bought too many capsules from vending machines and done a lot of Kung Fu training.

I need to chop more wood to get more money since I've locked myself out of continuing the story because I bought too many capsules :)

Wolfenstein Youngblood PS4- I'm playing this co-op and loving it. It's absolutely mental at times action and story wise. If you like big dumb shooters with skill trees you'll like this although I'd suggest checking out the older(new) Wolfenstein games first if you haven't already.
Are you going for the plat on this?. If so a guide is mega helpful if only for the sidequests which lock out if you advance to far in the story. Ain't hard just a ball ache. Great game mind, better than the second.
Thanks for the tip as I didn't know this! Was the one you used relatively spoiler free? I'm considering it,as so far I'm loving the sedate pace of it but I'm very early on I've just unlocked the sunflower area and have to go talk to the kids about the thugs in the morning.

I love how I could jump straight to that without any messing around. Instead I wandered around picked up some herbs, found someone else to train against and found the guy who rents the fishing rods. That's where I'm going after the next story beat, I love a bit of fishing in video games :D
To be honest by the time I realised about the sidequests
I'd already missed one, which was quite early on. So I did two play through. One to enjoy, as you are, at my own pace and one trophy run on new game plus. I used a guide on playstation trophies.

RetroAerosmith
Posts: 1106
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:19 am
Location: South Wales

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by RetroAerosmith » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:23 pm

The Last of Us 2. At my age now I rarely get more than 1 to 2 hours if that a day so I normally find myself skipping cutscenes. But this game I haven't skipped any. The story is a whole part of an otherwise straight forward uncharted kind of game. I also thought i was close to the end of the game before a curveball changed it...and now it almost feels like the ending to the final Lord of the rings movie.
Its taken me longer to finish due to the other half who isnt a gamer, also wanting to know how the story pans out, plus helps with the odd puzzle like "try the window" Luckily I've avoided any spoilers to the game so far.

Also played and finished Wolfenstein 2 the colossus and Wolfenstein the old Blood..
The old blood can be extremely unforgiving with its save checkpoints, yet the new colossus lets you manually save anytime...making it a tad easy. The only thing I dislike about both games is the constant square bashing to pick up bullets or armour which you don't need coz it overcharges then slowly drips back down to 100%.

User avatar
Megamixer
Posts: 14993
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:18 am
Location: Staffs, UK

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by Megamixer » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:00 pm

More Steambot Chronicles. This is an addictive game with so much going on, and brilliant humour. Lost quite a few hours to it this afternoon without realising it!
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

User avatar
SpecChum81
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:11 am
Location: London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wubble!!

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by SpecChum81 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:50 pm

SPECCY SATURDAY
How To Be A Complete B@st@rd
Postman Pat 2
Flying Shark
R-Type
Gremlins 2: The New Batch

:D 8)
Press Play On Tape

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11130
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by ShadowMan » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:29 am

ulrich7ad wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:30 am
The Last Ginja wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:26 am
Shenmue 3 on the PS4. After the QTE hell of Shenmue 2 this is a lot more relaxing. I'm only a couple of hours in but so far I've chopped a lot of wood, bought too many capsules from vending machines and done a lot of Kung Fu training.

I need to chop more wood to get more money since I've locked myself out of continuing the story because I bought too many capsules :)

Wolfenstein Youngblood PS4- I'm playing this co-op and loving it. It's absolutely mental at times action and story wise. If you like big dumb shooters with skill trees you'll like this although I'd suggest checking out the older(new) Wolfenstein games first if you haven't already.
Are you going for the plat on this?. If so a guide is mega helpful if only for the sidequests which lock out if you advance to far in the story. Ain't hard just a ball ache. Great game mind, better than the second.
There's no universe where Shenmue 3 is better than 2... I mean, unless you liked the parred back combat, a city that's almost devoid of life and almost no plot in the second half of the game with a really badly put together ending. The areas looked nice though... and at least after 3 I no longer feel the need to hold out for 4, because its clear that Yu will never be able to fulfill the scope of the plot that he initially promised with the series, so I'm happy to replaying 1-3 when I feel the need for a Shenmue fix.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

ulrich7ad
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:44 am

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by ulrich7ad » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:23 am

Mario odyssey. 250 moons in and, whilst an excellent game it ain't a patch on the galaxy games or sunshine.

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24911
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by DPrinny » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:16 pm

Started on Psychonauts, seems decent

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests