What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

SpecChum81
Location: London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wubble!!

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by SpecChum81 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:40 pm

SPECCY SATURDAY
Knightmare
Jetpac
Punch & Judy
Andy Capp: The Game
Head Over Heels

:D :D
Press Play On Tape

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:26 pm

Tryed to play Resident evil the Umbrella (ella, ella ella, s**t song) chronicles
Wow, the game really dont want you to see anything, throwing things right in the way, got up to the boss that had to be in the sun to be killed, with only a pistol and got bored.
Wasted so meany grenades when I just wanted to knife, very s**t

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:37 am

DPrinny wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:26 pm
Tryed to play Resident evil the Umbrella (ella, ella ella, s**t song) chronicles
Wow, the game really dont want you to see anything, throwing things right in the way, got up to the boss that had to be in the sun to be killed, with only a pistol and got bored.
Wasted so meany grenades when I just wanted to knife, very s**t
I loved Umbrella Chronicles when it was new, and played the crap out of it. When I played it again, years later, I absolutely couldn't be arsed with it all! I had the total opposite impression. Guns don't have any sense of impact for one. I think I enjoyed the Resi lore, graphics (for the time), and seeing all the locations/set pieces from the PS1 trilogy. But once all of that has worn off, the game is incredibly mediocre.

I hated the follow-up, Darkside Chronicles, too so I wouldn't even want to know how that one has aged...
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:58 pm

Been getting into Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown, albeit playing it through Yakuza 6.

Too bad that none of the updated versions (Final Showdown and R) were ever ported to console, even in Japan.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:23 pm

Continued on with Darkside chronicles.
Its more enjoyable than the other one, looks
Decent, but that could be my Wii>HDMI thingy upscaling it.
Ill continue it more at some other point

On to No more heroes
Oh yeah, wank the controller to recharge the saber.

Also been playing a bit of Rouge legacy.
Can get a bit cheap with some rooms

MattySlug

Post by MattySlug » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:42 pm

I played Fortnite with Mama Rose a bit, I recorded it but I won't post it here as it's obviously not retro lol!
:cry: I always uncheck the add signature button, looks like this time I have forgotten!!! :D

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:41 pm

Got tired of No more heroes, no really the games gym section and wanking the controller to recharge the sword gets tiring

Started on Cursed Mountain, it janky, but playable.
My Wii shelf is getting smaller, I can now get Wii and Gamecube games on it
And the big box lets tap on the end

BellyFullOfHell

Post by BellyFullOfHell » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:50 am

Still hammering Forza Horizon 4. Pure brilliance, a love letter to racing games past and present.
Chapter 15 of FFVIIRE, which I think has been brilliant so far.
Last world on Mario Deluxe.

The Last Ginja

Post by The Last Ginja » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:32 pm

Alex79uk2 wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:01 pm
The Last Ginja wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:55 am
Alex79uk2 wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:23 am
I'm currently playing a lot of Panel De Pon on the Switch SNES library. I watched a translation video of the menus and realised there was a lot more to it than first appeared. I'm just past halfway through the campaign and it's got tough as nails! Great game, though.

I also grabbed Days Gone dirt cheap in Argos the other day and really enjoying having a big stupid game world to get lost in again, missed it since finishing RDR2 ages back.
I'm about 30-35 hours into this. It's massive, I thought I was nearing the end(Spoiler:I'm not!) Absolutely loving it though and the hordes can be terrifying, I've encountered so many by accident. I've managed to take out 4 of them so far, some with luck and some, okay one with skill :D Highly recommended given it's current cheap status everywhere.
Ah god, the hoards! I've only seen two. One piled out of a train wreck I was exploring and then another was something else entirely. I was on top of a ledge which was too high to drop down/climb, and heard this awful noise. As I crept towards the edge I saw hundreds of zombies below all feasting on corpses. It was quite a sight. I watch them for a minute wondering whether to bother wasting a couple of grenades on them but then they spotted me and let out this collective almighty scream. I thought "Nah I'm OK, they can't get me here" but they all piled on top of each other trying to scramble up the ledge almost forming an (un)human pyramid. I didn't hang about long enough to see if they actually made it up in the end!
So I finished it and got the Platinum so that's nice. Just a heads up, play after the credits. That's all I'll say.

OT: I started playing Ghostbusters:Remastered edition. I picked it up cheap a while back. I finished it back when it was originally released and loved it and still do. It will always be Ghostbusters 3 to me. :)

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:23 am

Good to hear, I picked up Ghostbusters for Switch this week as it was only £11.

I started playing Grid Autosport. I'm not sure I like it. For some reason I expected it to be more arcadey.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

keedor

Post by keedor » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:02 am

This week I have returned to some of my older PS3 games - namely LEGENDS OF WAR and UNDER SIEGE - to try and collect the few remaining trophies I still have not obtained for them. Most of the trophies were awarded several years ago and I am enjoying the nostalgia of replaying these games again!

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:13 pm

I'm back on the SNES mini, this time on to Mario World 2 Yoshis Island. Never got this game back in the day as I think the art style didn't appeal to me, but starting to now see what all the fuss was about. Its good old brilliant Nintendo at its best, making you always wanting to see what the next level is about. Looks absolutely glorious as SNES games go as well - beautiful graphics that I do now find very appealing.

SpecChum81
Location: London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wubble!!

Post by SpecChum81 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:01 pm

MEGA DRIVE MONDAY
Saturday Night Slam Masters
Gauntlet
The Chaos Engine
Alien 3
RoadBlasters

8) 8)
Press Play On Tape

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:14 pm

Windjammers 2

Bloody hell, its good
running into somebody that has a censored internet connection isn't

Alex79uk2

Post by Alex79uk2 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:57 pm

I created a Japanese account the other day to download the NES and SNES apps on Switch. They're cool just to look at the box art, but the NES one actually has some extra games on it including Famicom Wars, Fire Emblem, Yie Ar Kung Fu and a brilliant 1v1 fighter called (in English) Joy Mech Fight. Its great!

You just download the apps using the Japenese account, then play them with your normal (online enabled) account.

Video of Joy Mech Fight here, honestly, it's brilliant! https://youtu.be/xzQ1mvtXcd4