What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

silvergunner

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by silvergunner » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:58 am

Alex79uk2 wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:40 am
SpecChum81 wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:08 pm
MEGA DRIVE MONDAY
Alex Kidd In The Enchanted Castle

8) :D
Oof. I got the PS4 Megadrive collection some time ago and decided to try to go through every game at least once. That was a real low point, a genuinely terrible game with not a single redeeming feature! Funny because I remember loving Miracle World on the Master System as a kid. I'm sure it was the better game even now.
Yeah I much preferred miracle world on the master system. One of those games that was for once better than the equivalent mega drive game.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:44 am

silvergunner wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:56 am
DPrinny wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:47 pm
Disruptor on Playstation
Seems like a decent (if somewhat simple) FPS
Really enjoyed it back in the day. Pretty impressive engine for an early PS1 FPS.
Its very tight with ammo, it wont let you select the melee weapon meaning if all you have left is an explosive weapon...
Well enjoy wasting it on weak peons
Got to the level with the countdown timer and called it quits as it was far to irritating

merman

Post by merman » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:47 pm

Fix-It Felix on the C64

It improves on the Mega Drive version of the arcade game inspired by the fictional arcade game in the original Wreck-It Ralph. Even has sampled speech and cutscenes crammed into a single load.
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

English Invader

Post by English Invader » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:46 pm

merman wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:47 pm
Fix-It Felix on the C64

It improves on the Mega Drive version of the arcade game inspired by the fictional arcade game in the original Wreck-It Ralph. Even has sampled speech and cutscenes crammed into a single load.
I honestly had no idea that anyone had made a Fix-It-Felix game and I love both Wreck-It-Ralph films. I just found a bin for the Mega Drive version and spent a bit of time playing it. Good game but I think they could have jazzed things up a bit; bonus points for close shaves with Ralph's debris would have added a bit of risk and reward into the mix and a time limit would have made things a bit more interesting.

I'm looking forward to seeing if Q-Bert makes an appearance in the game like he did in the film.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:58 pm

Its also out on the 2600.........

Resident evil 2 (2019)
Trying Leons 1st and Clairs 2nd
I am really disappointed, Leons first seems like his 2nd with only the opening changed

srj672

Post by srj672 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:53 am

I've been hammering the Super Mario games and completed the NES games. So naturally the best thing to do was start them all over again on Super Mario All Stars! There's an appeal to playing on the 8 bit versions (I personally prefer some of the music on the NES), but the SNES controller is a dream for zipping round and agility, as well as the save feature and the less obvious quality of life improvements on SMB2. Even Lost Levels is bareable thanks to the save feature and a nice little challenge.

Having said that, I have bust out Metroid Prime for the first time in about 10 years. The control scheme is immense; I forgot intuitive it was. I also had a quick blast on killer7, a bit of a wild ride, and very much an autuer game, it seems to deconstruct a lot of game mechanics. But the presentation is so intruiging/obtuse I just have to keep going

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:46 am

Just bought and downloaded (3 gig!!) an epic game for my iphone...

Echoes of Aeons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=linC_ZNQqOY

Just had a quick go and loving it. Amazed at games like this on iOS when just a few years back its crappy Angry Birds/Flappy Bird stuff. Apparently been 8 years in the making ! Looking forward to playing this much more later

ulrich7ad

Post by ulrich7ad » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:52 am

Needed a palette cleanse between yakuza games so booted up the last of us for the first time. An hour in and so far, so Uncharted.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:52 pm

Stopped playing Resi 2 remake, 2nd time through it was just as tedious as the first
Mr X is more irritating than scary, yes just show up when im trying to do a puzzle

Started on Wipeout Omega collection,

MattySlug

Post by MattySlug » Fri May 01, 2020 8:34 am

Played Kid Chameleon on the XBOX360's Sega Collection and got up to the bit where you turn into Maniaxe giving me a sweet 35GS!
:cry: I always uncheck the add signature button, looks like this time I have forgotten!!! :D

SpecChum81
Location: London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wubble!!

Post by SpecChum81 » Sat May 02, 2020 7:31 pm

SPECCY SATURDAY

Mr. Heli
Oh Mummy
Technician Ted
Green Beret
Little Computer People

:D 8)
Press Play On Tape

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sun May 03, 2020 4:17 am

SpecChum81 wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 7:31 pm
SPECCY SATURDAY

Mr. Heli
Oh Mummy
Technician Ted
Green Beret
Little Computer People

Did you play the original Mr Heli or the 2014 mod that hugely improves the graphics?
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

SpecChum81
Location: London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wubble!!

Post by SpecChum81 » Mon May 04, 2020 7:19 pm

silvergunner wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:58 am
Alex79uk2 wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:40 am
SpecChum81 wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:08 pm
MEGA DRIVE MONDAY
Alex Kidd In The Enchanted Castle

8) :D
Oof. I got the PS4 Megadrive collection some time ago and decided to try to go through every game at least once. That was a real low point, a genuinely terrible game with not a single redeeming feature! Funny because I remember loving Miracle World on the Master System as a kid. I'm sure it was the better game even now.
Yeah I much preferred miracle world on the master system. One of those games that was for once better than the equivalent mega drive game.
I actually really enjoy Alex Kidd In The Enchanted Castle!

Was Miracle World the game that came built in to the Master System?
Press Play On Tape

SpecChum81

Post by SpecChum81 » Mon May 04, 2020 7:23 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 4:17 am
SpecChum81 wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 7:31 pm
SPECCY SATURDAY

Mr. Heli
Oh Mummy
Technician Ted
Green Beret
Little Computer People

Did you play the original Mr Heli or the 2014 mod that hugely improves the graphics?
Always the original!

The only mods I've ever really touched are some of the Medieval: Total War and some of the DOOM ones.

But when it comes to the Speccy or MD the original always works best for me... :wink:
Press Play On Tape

SpecChum81

Post by SpecChum81 » Mon May 04, 2020 7:23 pm

MEGA DRIVE MONDAY
Lotus Turbo Challenge
Streets Of Rage 2
Micro Machines
Castle Of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse
Gunstar Heroes

:D :D
Press Play On Tape