What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

SpecChum81
Location: London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wubble!!

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by SpecChum81 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:07 pm

MEGA DRIVE MONDAY

Sunset Riders
Back To The Future III
WWF Royal Rumble
Columns
Rolo To The Rescue

8) 8)
Press Play On Tape

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:03 am

Megamixer wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:00 pm
ShadowMan wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:49 pm
Don't try the optional final mission. Its something like 15 waves long and damn hard at the end. I've got 120 hours on Kiwami 2 and never finished that! I do love the gambling though bar the Haruka poker requirement - because the cheat items really don't help (people just fold) which made said requirement actually harder!

As for Fighting EX Layer - yeah, it got a Asian physical release, though that was a while back and its since gotten quite a bit of free DLC in the form of updates that add several characters. So its by no means a "complete" physical release.
Yeah, I thought I was going to make it but on the last wave (or the second-to-last) a legion of rocket launcher enemies just came strolling in and destroyed my equipment while I was trying to deal with the bosses. I'm definitely not bothering with it. What I AM doing now is finishing of the Bouncer missions on "Legend" difficulty. So much more fun now that I'm fully maxed-out stats-wise and have some sweet, unbreakable weapons.

I'll go for the digital Fighting EX Layer then. I'm a bit less precious about physical now and the DLC for fighting games tends to make imports redundant.
Yeah, those rocket launcher dudes ruin the fun completely. For the Legend difficulty bouncer stuff, the last couple of missions are tough due to the bosses. But you should be able to craft some good armor which makes the final fight just a little easier!

Anyway, spent all day playing Yakuza 7 on EX Hard mode. Its so damn good, the difficulty hike, at least for the early levels is exactly what this game needed. Though I fear chapter 12-15 will be monstrous if I'm not careful, those could be dangerous enough on normal difficulty! But for now I'm just enjoying a quick playthrough on a difficulty that for the first time since maybe Yakuza 3 (or Ishin, in parts) which is challenging.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

MattySlug

Post by MattySlug » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:27 am

I had a quick go at Golden Axe 2 just now on the XBOX360, I passed the tower level and it got me 35GS!
:cry: I always uncheck the add signature button, looks like this time I have forgotten!!! :D

learnedrobb

Post by learnedrobb » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:23 pm

Panzer Dragoon Remake.

Tis very bloody good.
NES/N64/GC/Wii/WiiU/SMD/SS/DC/PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4/Xbox/360/OneS/PSP/3DS/PSV
PSN: learnedrobb

SpecChum81
Location: London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wubble!!

Post by SpecChum81 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:53 pm

SPECCY SUNDAY

Yes, Prime Minister
Nigel Mansell's Wold Championship
Popeye
Horace Goes Skiing
Rastan

8) :D
Press Play On Tape

srj672

Post by srj672 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:02 am

After finishing the 8 bit Super Mario adventures, I needed something a bit more in-depth, so I've started playing Super Mario RPG, and Secret of Mana. The former is as charming as ever and a lovely introduction.

SoM however is a bit of a struggle for me, I keep playing it like a more action-orintated game and getting tonked. Not being able to dodge boss attacks is really annoying me! But I will persevere and powerlevel up.

SpecChum81

Post by SpecChum81 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:08 pm

MEGA DRIVE MONDAY

Rock N' Roll Racing
Ghostbusters
The Terminator
Alex Kidd In The Enchanted Castle
Herog Zwei

Press Play On Tape

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:47 pm

Disruptor on Playstation
Seems like a decent (if somewhat simple) FPS

Alex79uk2

Post by Alex79uk2 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:40 am

SpecChum81 wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:08 pm
MEGA DRIVE MONDAY
Alex Kidd In The Enchanted Castle

Oof. I got the PS4 Megadrive collection some time ago and decided to try to go through every game at least once. That was a real low point, a genuinely terrible game with not a single redeeming feature! Funny because I remember loving Miracle World on the Master System as a kid. I'm sure it was the better game even now.

ALK

Post by ALK » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:15 am

FINALLY got me an up to date phone, so I've been playing tons of Pokemon Go and various free to play retro SEGA games like Sopnic 1+2, Crazy Taxi, etc.

Speaking of which, could anyone recommend me a good Bluetooth controller that works well with these SEGA Forever games?
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

The Last Ginja

Post by The Last Ginja » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:54 pm

Super Mario World 2:Yoshis Island. It's not really SMW2 though is it? I had this back in the day but never finished it. Up to world 4-6. Will probably finish it this time...

Darksiders 2-PS4. This is great. Finished Dakrsiders last week and went straight into this. It's a mix of Zelda, Diablo and Prince of Persia Sands of time.

CSI:Fatal Conspiracy-360- Bought this from a charity shop for me and the wife to play through. It's a bit censored, but compelling at the same time, and since the wife isn't all that into games the point and click style suits her completely.

MODERN WARFARE-So much Modern Warfare. Not since 2007(Original MW)have I played a game so much online. I've devoured every mode,shot every fool and considering I'm older than most of the people that play this game I'm pretty bloody good at it. Until the 4th drink kicks in ;)

LAKKA- I've acquired an older PC and set up this on it. I think it may be a Retroarch front end, but I'm not entirely certain but I've been fiddling with this getting all the artwork downloaded and stuff. I'll get around to playing it some day. I did play several hours of Tekken 3 though!

Being furloughed is fun...?

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:14 am

Jumped straight into Yakuza 6 off the back of Kiwami 2 (couldn't resist). Is it me or does the dialogue betwen Kiryu and NPC's seem to go on FOREVER during substories? I haven't noticed it before in the other PS4-era Yakuza games. The substories I've sat through so far have all had fairly dull conversation too! Hopefully just a blip...

Nice little point of interest for me though; the on-scren Sony smartphone is the exact same one that I have :mrgreen:
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

MattySlug

Post by MattySlug » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:50 am

I just had some races of Codemasters Toybox Turbos.
then
my first game of Realm Royale Tonight. I got 2 kills and finished 7th.

pratty

Post by pratty » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:05 pm

Animal Crossing, The Touryst and Bloodstained, all on the Switch.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:56 am

DPrinny wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:47 pm
Disruptor on Playstation
Seems like a decent (if somewhat simple) FPS
Really enjoyed it back in the day. Pretty impressive engine for an early PS1 FPS.