What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Sega2006

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by Sega2006 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:35 pm

Started fettling with the HL 1 and 2 stuff after watching a condensed playthrough of Alyx (realistically I couldn't play it even if I had the kit) and it's got me back into the story.
Watching you sleep since 1990

SpecChum81
Location: London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wubble!!

Post by SpecChum81 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:41 pm

MEGA DRIVE MONDAY

Gunstar Heroes
Marble Madness
Comix Zone
Wonder Boy III
F1: World Championship Edition

8) :D
Press Play On Tape

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:48 pm

New Soulcalibur VI DLC.

Samurai Shodown's Haohmaru + a new stage have been added which is sweet. You also get Nakoruru's outfit bits for the customisation mode.

Reminds me that I really want to get the Samurai Shodown game on PS4 as it looks bloody awesome.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:48 pm

Currently playing the recently put out on the console ports of DOOM "No end in sight" FOUR NEW episodes, lots of cryptic secretes
Bollocks to playing it on Switch, downloaded the WAD pack on PC

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:20 pm

Playing my 2600 collection, keeping more than I thought I would be

The keepers
the get rid

SpecChum81
Location: London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wubble!!

Post by SpecChum81 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:26 pm

SPECCY SATURDAY

Rainbow Islands
Hampstead
Salamander
Arcticfox
Championship Sprint

:D :D
Press Play On Tape

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:23 pm

Started playing Resident evil 2 (new)

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:34 am

Ran through the remake of RE3 a few times already. Loved it, but do miss a couple of areas that were in the original. So... I replayed the original as well! Its even better than I remember it being.

Started Yakuza 7 again, this time on EX Hard mode to see how it compares to the original difficulty (looks significantly harder).

Also, playing some Fighting EX Layer and I'm loving how it plays. So nice to get a modern version of SF EX+@ (minus the SF characters)
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:35 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:34 am
Also, playing some Fighting EX Layer and I'm loving how it plays. So nice to get a modern version of SF EX+@ (minus the SF characters)
Is this still digital-only?

As for me, nearing the end of Yakuza Kiwami 2. Once again, I've done everything I can but I won't be bothering with the gambling stuff or - by extension - getting the SSS rank for Haruka's requests (because it involves gambling games!).

Forced myself to finish the Clan Creator minigame but I really didn't enjoy it (hate RTS) and I don't know if I can be bothered with the final optional mission. Tried it once and got destroyed a few waves from the end. The Hostess Maker game is so much more enjoyable.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:01 pm

May play a bit of Forza Motorsport 6 later as I'd only just just bought the 300 SLR #722 and with todays news of one of my heros passing away seems a fitting choice.
Watching you sleep since 1990

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:49 pm

Megamixer wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:35 pm
ShadowMan wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:34 am
Is this still digital-only?

As for me, nearing the end of Yakuza Kiwami 2. Once again, I've done everything I can but I won't be bothering with the gambling stuff or - by extension - getting the SSS rank for Haruka's requests (because it involves gambling games!).

Forced myself to finish the Clan Creator minigame but I really didn't enjoy it (hate RTS) and I don't know if I can be bothered with the final optional mission. Tried it once and got destroyed a few waves from the end. The Hostess Maker game is so much more enjoyable.
Don't try the optional final mission. Its something like 15 waves long and damn hard at the end. I've got 120 hours on Kiwami 2 and never finished that! I do love the gambling though bar the Haruka poker requirement - because the cheat items really don't help (people just fold) which made said requirement actually harder!

As for Fighting EX Layer - yeah, it got a Asian physical release, though that was a while back and its since gotten quite a bit of free DLC in the form of updates that add several characters. So its by no means a "complete" physical release.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Alex79uk2

Post by Alex79uk2 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:42 am

I'm currently loving Animal Crossing, having not played the series since owning the first one on Gamecube. Its providing some much needed chillout time for an hour or so before bed each night. I can't think of many games more perfect for that.

I've also got South Park: The Stick Of Truth on the go for Switch, having previously drifted off both the PS3 and PS4 versions - I'm determined to finish it this time!

My 4 year old and I are also going through Mario Galaxy 2. I've not touched it since it first came out and its been nice going back. Still hate the Wii controls, but at least this'll save me a few quid when/if the remaster comes out for Switch because I won't feel so desperate to buy it!

I'm also checking news sites daily desperate for a release date for the Arcade Archives version of Sunset Riders. Man I can't wait for that, one of my all time favorite arcade games.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:00 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:49 pm
Don't try the optional final mission. Its something like 15 waves long and damn hard at the end. I've got 120 hours on Kiwami 2 and never finished that! I do love the gambling though bar the Haruka poker requirement - because the cheat items really don't help (people just fold) which made said requirement actually harder!

As for Fighting EX Layer - yeah, it got a Asian physical release, though that was a while back and its since gotten quite a bit of free DLC in the form of updates that add several characters. So its by no means a "complete" physical release.
Yeah, I thought I was going to make it but on the last wave (or the second-to-last) a legion of rocket launcher enemies just came strolling in and destroyed my equipment while I was trying to deal with the bosses. I'm definitely not bothering with it. What I AM doing now is finishing of the Bouncer missions on "Legend" difficulty. So much more fun now that I'm fully maxed-out stats-wise and have some sweet, unbreakable weapons.

I'll go for the digital Fighting EX Layer then. I'm a bit less precious about physical now and the DLC for fighting games tends to make imports redundant.
Alex79uk2 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:42 am
I'm currently loving Animal Crossing, having not played the series since owning the first one on Gamecube. Its providing some much needed chillout time for an hour or so before bed each night. I can't think of many games more perfect for that.
Haven't got a Switch yet but I'm tempted to dig out AC: Wild World for the DS and catch up with my town. Literally years since I've touched it but I remember being quite addicted when the game was new.

Alex79uk2

Post by Alex79uk2 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:10 pm

Haha do it - be prepared for a weed infested town where everyone is annoyed you've been away for so long though :lol:

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:16 pm

Alex79uk2 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:10 pm
Haha do it - be prepared for a weed infested town where everyone is annoyed you've been away for so long though :lol:
I've already suffered the weed nightmare before, when I abused the DS' clock to time travel and keep catching rare bugs :mrgreen: