What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

ShadowMan

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:38 pm

95+ hours into Yakuza 5 on the PS4 (by way of the Japanese remaster). 67% completion rate, onto the final couple of chapters of the story, then its time to tackle the remaining side content. One of my favourite games ever, especially after 3 playthroughs when the story finally makes sense.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

outdated_gamer

Post by outdated_gamer » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:54 pm

icemann wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:43 am
SJ_Sathanas wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:45 am
icemann wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:57 pm
Currently replaying System Shock 2 in honor of it celebrating it's 20 year anniversary. Fantastic game.
I remember my brother coming home with a copy of that when it was new....
Game is fantastic even today. Had a blast through it again.

I've since moved onto AC - Odyssey.
Indeed, one of the mechanically and intellectualy most sophisticated sci-fi horror RPG FPS games out there. Night Dive are making a remaster btw.

icemann

Post by icemann » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:18 pm

Oh yeah I know. News of that has not gone down very well on other forums I frequent (eg systemshock.org, TTLG etc etc). Many don't see the need for it, as with NewDark + mods the games great as is.

The only area that could use improvement is the multiplayer, which is where Night Dive have said their focus is. The problem is that there is a good chance that many of the mods wont work with it. So this may create a fracture in the shock community as to which they go and use. System Shock 1 enhanced edition incomparison was FAR better, as it has native windows support, proper mouse look, support for higher resolutions etc etc. So the difference there between standard SS1 and SS1EE is quite large.

mr jenzie

Post by mr jenzie » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:52 am

MINECRAFT

passive mode
:oops:

finding it very nice indeed and just made it into the iron age :D and there's a nice village over one of the hills ..... that i nicked some fencing and haybails from :twisted:

i can so see the appeal

NorthWay

Post by NorthWay » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:59 am

World of Warcraft Classic - starting in the first seconds of the coming Tuesday (CEST). 2300 if you're in Blighty.
World of Warcraft Ascension. Still. Mostly for the mindgame of making the perfect meta; and how many working styles can you make?

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:21 pm

mr jenzie wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:52 am
MINECRAFT

passive mode

finding it very nice indeed and just made it into the iron age :D and there's a nice village over one of the hills ..... that i nicked some fencing and haybails from :twisted:

i can so see the appeal
I've been playing it a lot of late, Survival on the 360 version, don't know why but it's just hypnotic leveling mountains.
I've got chests full of resources but stillgot a ways to go before I've cleared enough to start building again.
Watching you sleep since 1990

mr jenzie

Post by mr jenzie » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:00 pm

Sega2006 wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:21 pm
mr jenzie wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:52 am
MINECRAFT

passive mode

i can so see the appeal
I've been playing it a lot of late, Survival on the 360 version, don't know why but it's just hypnotic leveling mountains.
I've got chests full of resources but still got a ways to go before I've cleared enough to start building again.
been building my compound mostly not much furnishings, just a crafter a furnace and a bed and windows, and also a "shed" with another crafter and furnace and chests to try and separate my resources. replaced most of the house with cobblestone as there is a sizable amount just across from me. also have several animals in an open pen (chicken, pig, cow, horse ..... AND NOW LLAMA) since the dumbass trader wandered in to MY HOUSE and his leads snapped so i got three leads now. i'll need another chicken since one escape while expanding the pen little git i'm now in the iron age ..... ooh and found a nearby village and nicked some of their stuff, they have a ice bell too so when i FIND IT AGAIN i'll take that too :twisted:

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:29 pm

I've yet to find a village on mine yet wierdly, not started farming animals yet but have been hunting them for food until I can get my orchard planted.
I did have a check point onone of the mountains but had to remove it as its height dropped, I've got it set up in one of the houses for now for when I do some reworking on the castle as my store room/work quarters will probably become a small library/ study.
Watching you sleep since 1990

merman

Post by merman » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:07 am

Dicey Dungeons - full game is out on Steam/itch.io now, had a lot of fun with the alpha. Final game is brilliant, loads more presentation, great chiptunes by Chipzel and cute graphics by Marlowe Dobbe. All held together by the coding & design of Terry Cavanagh.
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:39 pm

Picked up the Arcade Edition of Street Fighter V so have been trying to get back into it after leaving the original version alone for ages. Still leaving me bit cold to be honest and I don't know why. It plays great and the characters look sweet but I don't get the buzz that I do with the likes of Alpha 3 and Third Strike, even SFIV. I think I just don't get on with the V-Trigger stuff that much. Music is a bit a forgettable too and the visuals are sometimes fantastic and sometimes a bit bland. I will stick with of course because I have loads of new characters to mess about with but so far, I'm feeling just as apathetic as I did the first time around which is disappointing...

Also still plugging away at Yakuza 0. On Chapter 12 now (I think). Finished the Cabaret Club minigame at last and really enjoyed it though there's no money to be made there unlike the real estate on Kiryu's side. When it comes to Majima's part of the game, it's easier to make money by spamming guns and the heat actions of high-power melee weapons on the Mr Shakedown enemies. Trying to do the weapon/gear crafting but the random nature of which components your agents find is frustrating, even using the best agent(s) and paying to get the odds to the max doesn't guarantee anything. Fishing is also a headache - seems the rarer stuff can't be hooked from the river unless you use a very high grade bait which only comes out of those vending machines...and not very often in my experience! Just as in Yakuza 5, it's that damn 'Ito' fish again! I never managed to get it in 5 so I still don't know what the bloody thing looks like lol.

Story and characters are fantastic though, easily some of the best from the entire series. Love the cameos and nods towards later games, especially with the knowledge of how the Yakuza storyline unfolds down the line.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:55 pm

Megamixer wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:39 pm
Picked up the Arcade Edition of Street Fighter V so have been trying to get back into it after leaving the original version alone for ages. Still leaving me bit cold to be honest and I don't know why. It plays great and the characters look sweet but I don't get the buzz that I do with the likes of Alpha 3 and Third Strike, even SFIV. I think I just don't get on with the V-Trigger stuff that much. Music is a bit a forgettable too and the visuals are sometimes fantastic and sometimes a bit bland. I will stick with of course because I have loads of new characters to mess about with but so far, I'm feeling just as apathetic as I did the first time around which is disappointing...

Also still plugging away at Yakuza 0. On Chapter 12 now (I think). Finished the Cabaret Club minigame at last and really enjoyed it though there's no money to be made there unlike the real estate on Kiryu's side. When it comes to Majima's part of the game, it's easier to make money by spamming guns and the heat actions of high-power melee weapons on the Mr Shakedown enemies. Trying to do the weapon/gear crafting but the random nature of which components your agents find is frustrating, even using the best agent(s) and paying to get the odds to the max doesn't guarantee anything. Fishing is also a headache - seems the rarer stuff can't be hooked from the river unless you use a very high grade bait which only comes out of those vending machines...and not very often in my experience! Just as in Yakuza 5, it's that damn 'Ito' fish again! I never managed to get it in 5 so I still don't know what the bloody thing looks like lol.

Story and characters are fantastic though, easily some of the best from the entire series. Love the cameos and nods towards later games, especially with the knowledge of how the Yakuza storyline unfolds down the line.
Easiest way to get money with Majima is just to have Kiryu transfer it to him to be honest. Do the Mr Moneybags stories for both characters (Bar Vincent for Kiryu I think, and the rocker outside Club Grand for Majima). Once you clear both friend events you can transfer any amount of money to either character.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

pratty

Post by pratty » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:26 am

Astral Chain, really enjoying this so far, top stuff from Platinum Games and Nintendo.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

ulrich7ad

Post by ulrich7ad » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:49 am

Just started a second try at god of war. I first tried to play it when my youngest was born. That did not go well😂

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:47 am

Dead Cells on iOS. Love it, lately theres been some quality AA games on mobile. Plus today Apple Arcade will be announced properly, looking forward to that

learnedrobb

Post by learnedrobb » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:18 pm

Ace Combat 7.

Tis bloody brilliant.
NES/N64/GC/Wii/WiiU/SMD/SS/DC/PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4/Xbox/360/OneS/PSP/3DS/PSV
PSN: learnedrobb