What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Sega2006

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by Sega2006 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:33 pm

I've been replaying Mad Max, trying out different looks for the Magnum Opus and trying to 100% it this time round as I've now finished the story again.
Watching you sleep since 1990

pratty

Post by pratty » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:23 am

More LA Noire and a little bit of Yoshi's Crafted World. Yoshi is good so far, very cute.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:37 am

The Last Ginja wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:42 pm
Assassins Creed Origins. After a short hiatus I'm back on this back on this big time. 40 hours in, and level 31. I'm clearing every area fully as I get there and usually at this point I start mainlining the story but I just can't stop getting treasure or clearing enemy camps. I can see me hitting 100 plus hour in this in my quest!

Also dabbling a couple of nights a week co-op on the division 2. It's fun but I won't be getting deep into the end game like my co-op colleagues.

I got Sekiro Shadows die twice for my Birthday and had a quick look at that. Great game but I'm finishing AC first.
I think I'm about 120 in to Origins now - done my usual 'clear the damned map first' routine and am just about to hit level 50. I think I've done all the side quests, jut got the final mission of the main storyline left, plus the DLC. As far as I know.

Have you fought the elephants yet?

The Last Ginja

Post by The Last Ginja » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:57 am

djcarlos wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:37 am
The Last Ginja wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:42 pm
Assassins Creed Origins. After a short hiatus I'm back on this back on this big time. 40 hours in, and level 31. I'm clearing every area fully as I get there and usually at this point I start mainlining the story but I just can't stop getting treasure or clearing enemy camps. I can see me hitting 100 plus hour in this in my quest!

Also dabbling a couple of nights a week co-op on the division 2. It's fun but I won't be getting deep into the end game like my co-op colleagues.

I got Sekiro Shadows die twice for my Birthday and had a quick look at that. Great game but I'm finishing AC first.
I think I'm about 120 in to Origins now - done my usual 'clear the damned map first' routine and am just about to hit level 50. I think I've done all the side quests, jut got the final mission of the main storyline left, plus the DLC. As far as I know.

Have you fought the elephants yet?
No I keep wondering when I'm going to get to see them, I'm only just at Faiyum and about to start the quest for the Crocodile target. I've been doing side mission, then doing some question mark clearances, then a main quest stage. Trying to mix it up. I attempted my first Phylakes on Friday, I'd just hit 30 and went after the level 20 one. It did not end well for me. I think I may have to be more stealthy with him as toe to toe definitely wasn't the way to go!

SpecChum81
Location: London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wubble!!

Post by SpecChum81 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:44 pm

SEQUEL SUNDAY

Speccy
Rick Dangerous 2
Barbarian II
Dynamite Dan II

Mega Drive
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
Golden Axe II
Road Rash II
Press Play On Tape

SpecChum81
Location: London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wubble!!

Post by SpecChum81 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:01 pm

MEGA DRIVE MONDAY

Sunset Riders
Home Alone
Altered Beast
Micro Machines
Press Play On Tape

JamesC

Post by JamesC » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:10 am

Sunset Riders is great!

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:14 pm

Rekindling my love of the Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance games. I've recently picked them up on the XBox & I'm starting them again from scratch.

I'd forgotten how much fun they are, really enjoying playing through the 1st one again.
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:19 pm

Got the Platinum for AC Origins! Just started the first DLC.

What a game, I'm a huge AC fan and this instalment is up there with the best. And it's so, so pretty in HDR.

buddy1983

Post by buddy1983 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:18 am

i'M playing through Soul Reaver and finding it very hard to go back to and enjoy, the camera can be very bad at times and the controls are very stiff packing some of the platforming extremely frustrating.

SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:00 am

Currently playing the original Assassin's Creed. Have never tried the series before but have been watching my g/f play Odyssey. Funny to see how different it is; the original reminds me somewhat of Thief with the need to remain incognito while moving through crowded, 3rd Crusade era streets of Damascus, Jerusalem etc. It's a little bit repetitive but is fun and feels different. Odyssey looks like it plays an awful lot like Fallout.

BellyFullOfHell

Post by BellyFullOfHell » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:30 am

Some Joe & Mac Returns on Switch. Simple enough concept, hit enemies, grab as many of them as you can before they wake up, and the more you grab, the more the boulder you throw at the remaining baddies. Not quite as complex or secret-packed as, say, Bubble Bobble, but has a nice lick of pace that makes it more fun to play IMO than ZuPaPa or Rodland.

Also Yakuza 0, again. Should tide me over until Judgement hits. I keep giving Sekiro the side-eye, but I'd hit my skill ceiling with Bloodborne, and this general consensus seems to be that this is even harder.

thedustyjoypad

Post by thedustyjoypad » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:43 am

Recently signed up to https://retroachievements.org/ so have been playing loads of games recently, trying to get achievements for them through RetroArch.

Last night I was playing Streets Of Rage on Hardest difficulty. Got about half way through haha
Retro gaming since it was just called gaming!

SpecChum81

Post by SpecChum81 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:48 pm

MIDWEEK MEGA DRIVE MADNESS

Road Rash
James Pond: Underwater Agent
Flicky
Micro Machines
Ghostbusters

:D 8) :D
Press Play On Tape

thedustyjoypad

Post by thedustyjoypad » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:25 am

Used to play a game called Freedom Fighters on the PS2 back in the day. Recently picked it up again, but for Gamecube, so I'll be playing through that again next.
Retro gaming since it was just called gaming!