What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

learnedrobb

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by learnedrobb » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:04 pm

Gears Of War 4.
NES/N64/GC/Wii/WiiU/SMD/SS/DC/PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4/Xbox/360/OneS/PSP/3DS/PSV
PSN: learnedrobb

merman

Post by merman » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:02 pm

Sydney Hunter & The Sacred Tribe, and Rocky Memphis & the Legend of Atlantis on C64
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

The Last Ginja

Post by The Last Ginja » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:24 pm

Plugging away at various game on my new NES mini that I did not need but bought anyway...

Mario vs Rabbids on the Switch, turn based games aren't usually my thing but it has a certain charm that helps.

Mario Tennis, which isn't really a tennis game and more of a fighting game but it's awesome! Especially in MP.

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:33 pm

Just finished Steamworld dig 2 on the PC, great game
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

the_usual_suspect

Post by the_usual_suspect » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:31 pm

I'm playing this sick ass Online Rpg its been going since way back in the early 00's - secrets of mirage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmqjJtW3z6k

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:05 am

Haven't had much time to play any games recently but I have been playing FM 2018 on the PC during my breaks and trying not to get totally addicted to it again!

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:59 pm

Playing a bit of Desert Strike (on Megadrive mainly, but also trying out on Amiga and SNES), and also the recent demo of Captain Toads Treasure Tracker on the Switch, got be playing the full game on the Wii U a bit more over the weekend so far.

dste

Post by dste » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:52 pm

Resident Evil 5 on the 360.

Currently on chapter 3 and it just seems to be a bit dull and laboured. Cannot quite put my finger on it but while it has been playable it hasn't quite been enjoyable.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

parappa

Post by parappa » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:11 pm

donkey kong country on Wii

The Last Ginja

Post by The Last Ginja » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:50 am

dste wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:52 pm
Resident Evil 5 on the 360.

Currently on chapter 3 and it just seems to be a bit dull and laboured. Cannot quite put my finger on it but while it has been playable it hasn't quite been enjoyable.

Are you playing it on your own or co-op? I tried it on my own and found it clunky, boring and I was constantly getting annoyed with the AI partner (Shiva?) In co-op it really comes into it's own.

sscott

Post by sscott » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:27 pm

Mass Effect: Andromeda was going for £6 on PSN. Animation and facial expressions definitely a little off but game seems fine to me.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:11 pm

This afternoon I was playing the absolutely superb Streets of Rage Remake for the first time in ages. Feel kind of bad talking it up because I know it was pulled and I'm not sure how easy it is for people who haven't already got it to acquire it these days.

Anyway, my USB Saturn pad broke years ago and I'd not bothered with SoR or any MAME ever since but I picked up a wired Xbox 360 pad which I'm hoping is going to be durable and lasting. So far, it's a comfy and solid thing. Just had to find + install the drivers for Win XP (I do all my MAME and stuff on a separate, older PC) to get it to work.

SoR Remake is the business though. Love being able to play as Shiva, the whip woman or Mr X and the options/cheats are extremely vast. I've activated the cheat that turns all swords in lightsabers for instance!

Next up is going to be a return to MAME and some old favourites such as Violent Storm, Revenge of Death Adder and Turbo Outrun.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:25 pm

Tales of Beseria still 90 hours😧 I know I let the PS4 running when I did other things, but damn! Even better then my previous favourite Xillia. The only problem I had with Xillia was nobody really died but damn they murder everyone on this one. Previously defeated bosses return with Eyes or arms missing, and my most hated character Eleanor has become my favourite characters . Still can’t stand Moana and her croaky voice and supreme annoyingness trying to sound cute has me reaching for the sound. Finally finished it but a lot of the quests is only available in the new game plus.
Last edited by Shinobi on Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:30 pm

Shinobi wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:25 pm
Tales of Beseria still 90 hours😧 I know I let the OS4 running when I did other things, but damn! Even better then my previous favourite Xillia. The only problem I had with Xillia was nobody really died but damn they murder everyone on this one. Previously defeated bosses return with Eyes or arms missing, and my most hated character Lady Elena has become my favourite characters . Still can’t stand that little demon girl with the croaky voice has me reaching for the sound
I'm looking foward to getting on to that eventually.

I think I've put around 130hrs into Xillia 2 now. Trying to grind out all of the materials to make the best weapons and armour in the game for all characters, ready for a possible New Game+. Done everything else: got all of the endings, beat every optional boss, finished all of the jobs, beat the colisseum 100%.

The materials just take ages to get due to the rare items only being available via sending your cats out to gather them. Problem is, you have to wait for them to return and even then, it can sometimes to be random as to whether they've found the rare stuff or in enough quantity. This is what's racked up most of the hours for me after beating the main game itself.

Did you play Graces F or Zestiria? I have both of those in my backlog as well but don't really know what to expect from either.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:36 pm

Megamixer wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:30 pm
Shinobi wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:25 pm
Tales of Beseria still 90 hours😧 I know I let the OS4 running when I did other things, but damn! Even better then my previous favourite Xillia. The only problem I had with Xillia was nobody really died but damn they murder everyone on this one. Previously defeated bosses return with Eyes or arms missing, and my most hated character Lady Elena has become my favourite characters . Still can’t stand that little demon girl with the croaky voice has me reaching for the sound
I'm looking foward to getting on to that eventually.

I think I've put around 130hrs into Xillia 2 now. Trying to grind out all of the materials to make the best weapons and armour in the game for all characters, ready for a possible New Game+. Done everything else: got all of the endings, beat every optional boss, finished all of the jobs, beat the colisseum 100%.

The materials just take ages to get due to the rare items only being available via sending your cats out to gather them. Problem is, you have to wait for them to return and even then, it can sometimes to be random as to whether they've found the rare stuff or in enough quantity. This is what's racked up most of the hours for me after beating the main game itself.

Did you play Graces F or Zestiria? I have both of those in my backlog as well but don't really know what to expect from either.
The crafting is much easier now, as you can dismantle any item or weapon, find them lying around on the floor/beat demons.. Also beating the code red Malikhim(people who've become greater demons) give you some really good buffs, such as guaranteed material drops in every fight or infinite bottles that let you warp out of dungeons or any visited towns, constant HP regen etc. You still get the Coliseums(code red islands) but you need to talk to people to get their locations, and Eizen's sailing missions that unlocks costumes, new recipes and lot of stuff to sell for gald(as they call Gold). You need to sail to places first, until you get fast travel bottles. You can cook infinitely unlike Xillia(which forced you to wait 30 minutes between cooking) and you need to cook to level Velvet up and her side quests. Velvet being a demon lady who only eats people as food is tasteless to her taste buds.. You do actually fight people from Xillia and you fight them properly on new game plus, can't say more than that with out spoiling it Each character has optional side quests that further the story leading to hard optional boss fights and side quests for the main characters.

I've not played grace of Zestiria unfortunately as all the characters feature in card games that are giving me problems as other then the Xillia characters I'm not sure who's on what team.. For me it was unlocking the fast travel boards, doing the side quests, levelling the characters and Velvet's cooking, there also trophies for certain demons that only appear if you kill lots of other demons.. Every battle you win the multiplier goes up, but if you fight groups of demons that cast a shadow you get hard fights with better rewards and Exp.. The game explains this better then I can

You also get the Katz Katz these talking cats you originaly find in chests and that give you various games like deal damage to a straw dummy or a card game matching characters fro previous tales games, and you win tales coins and you can really abuse the dummy game and win loads of coins and level characters with lots of easy break souls and 40 hit combo's. Tales coins allow you to buy rare materials to craft weapons get different costumes for Velvet such as this fur coat get up, or costumes for the other characters, change there hair/remove their jackets etc. With the random encounters you unlock this flying stone that kills all the monsters that weaker then you and you can bomb around the map.

Its far more user friendly then Xillia but there's a lot more to do.
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"