What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

dste

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by dste » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:30 pm

Started both Condemned and Deadly Premonition for the 360.

Condemned first chapter didn't really grab me and so far Deadly Premonition seems to be OK.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

ncf1

Post by ncf1 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:43 pm

I got Pacman Championship Edition 2 for a few bucks on Steam, usually cant go wrong with Pacman, but I hated it! It was like playing Pacman on bad drugs, just really really didn't like it' at all. Whereas the first Championship Edition I didn't mind, I think for me the second strays off course from the original just a bit too much. Well a lot too much for my liking. :cry:

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:56 pm

ncf1 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:43 pm
I got Pacman Championship Edition 2 for a few bucks on Steam, usually cant go wrong with Pacman, but I hated it! It was like playing Pacman on bad drugs, just really really didn't like it' at all. Whereas the first Championship Edition I didn't mind, I think for me the second strays off course from the original just a bit too much. Well a lot too much for my liking. :cry:
Yep CE2 was disappointing. It just felt 'off' to me. Like they'd put all the effort into making it exciting but forgetting to make it fun. CE1 and CE:DX are both great though.

Finished off Rogue Aces today (PS4/Vita). Brilliant game. A bit like Jetstrike on the Amiga and Destructo on the Speccy but a lot better than both. Really fun shooter that's made me realise how great the Vita still is.

Dropping in and out of Far Cry 5 too. It's my favourite one in the series. It's not doing anything new but it does everything really well.

ncf1

Post by ncf1 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:04 pm

Bluce_Ree wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:56 pm
ncf1 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:43 pm
Dropping in and out of Far Cry 5 too. It's my favourite one in the series. It's not doing anything new but it does everything really well.
thats next for me on my list. I need a big-open-sandbox-fix once in a while, Just Cause 3 was the last one and absolutely stunning to look at, I want another game that will make my video card smoke. Literally, smoke.

SpecChum81
Location: London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wubble!!

Post by SpecChum81 » Sat May 19, 2018 11:24 am

Speccy Saturday!! 8) :D 8)

Play It Again Sam
I, Of The Mask
Edd The Duck
Arcticfox
The Trap Door
Press Play On Tape

pratty

Post by pratty » Mon May 21, 2018 2:51 pm

Started Mass Effect 3 on the Wii U. Never played a MA game before. Liking it so far, has a real high production values Star Trek film feel about it.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

SpecChum81
Location: London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wubble!!

Post by SpecChum81 » Mon May 21, 2018 6:35 pm

Mega Drive Monday!!

NBA Showdown '94
Judge Dread
After Burner II
Flicky
Press Play On Tape

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Wed May 23, 2018 4:31 pm

I can't stop playing Chime Sharp. Chime was my favourite 360 game and the sequel is currently in the PSN sale. I'm currently number 1 on a few leaderboards which is a bit mad.

dste

Post by dste » Wed May 23, 2018 5:04 pm

Have set the Wii up to play with the daughter. have been playing:

Mario Kart
Smash Bros
Just Dance
Guitar Hero
Boom Blox

She has been enjoying Mario Kart the most so that has gotten the most love. It was nice to turn the game on and receive the surprise that I had unlocked Rosalina for completing Mario Galaxy, especially as it looks like it was around seven years ago that I finished it. Really could not believe that. :shock:
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

dste

Post by dste » Wed May 30, 2018 4:20 pm

Been really enjoying Kirby Adventure Wii.

Started Alone in the Dark on 360, been OK so far.

Also been playing LOZ: Spirit Tracks. Have done a lot more this time round on it but have now got stuck playing a song near the end (the Sand Temple one). Had completely forgotten how much I hated that one first time round.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog

The Last Ginja

Post by The Last Ginja » Thu May 31, 2018 4:42 pm

Picked up a Switch this week.

Currently bouncing between the sublime Mario Odyssey and Bloodstained:Curse of the Moon.

COTM for those that don't know is a new Castlevania (NES era) in all but name. Havin great fun with it, playing in Veteran mode and have managed to complete the first 2 areas. The bosses so far are amazing. Well worth the £8.99 I paid for it. Highly recommended.

As for Mario, this game is pure joy in cartridge form. So far I have 50 moons from the first 3 areas.

Spector

Post by Spector » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:54 pm

Looping on the Colecovision!!
The Retro Gaming Discord channel. Every Sunday from 9pm- click this link:
https://discordapp.com/invite/Tphe4UH

Don't be scared: join in the chat! :)

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:21 pm

Spector wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:54 pm
With the old Bi Plane used to play this down a friends house, we could never complete the pipe level. I remember the plane having a weird control method.
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Spector

Post by Spector » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:59 am

Shinobi wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:21 pm
Spector wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:54 pm
With the old Bi Plane used to play this down a friends house, we could never complete the pipe level. I remember the plane having a weird control method.
I wasn't sure of it at first but I now think this is quite a good game actually; it's not really like anything else, but it has its own feel and it's addictive. Would have been perfect for a conversion to the Commodore 16 ;)
The Retro Gaming Discord channel. Every Sunday from 9pm- click this link:
https://discordapp.com/invite/Tphe4UH

Don't be scared: join in the chat! :)

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:36 pm

dste wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 5:04 pm
Have set the Wii up to play with the daughter. have been playing:

Mario Kart
Smash Bros
Just Dance
Guitar Hero
Boom Blox

She has been enjoying Mario Kart the most so that has gotten the most love. It was nice to turn the game on and receive the surprise that I had unlocked Rosalina for completing Mario Galaxy, especially as it looks like it was around seven years ago that I finished it. Really could not believe that. :shock:
I have come back to the wii again mostly playing smash brawl and maio kart wii at the moment oh and wheel of fortune must of put a few hundred hours into that game and either the puzzles haven't repeated or i just forget things haha there's one that came up twice
This guy are sick