What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

Ryan GH

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by Ryan GH » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:21 pm

Witcher 3.

Only 30 minutes into it and struggling with the controls as its so different to the second and first game. Will persist though as I have heard its really good!

pratty

Post by pratty » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:01 pm

Currently chipping away at Kirby Triple Deluxe a few levels at a time, too early to pass judgement on it but it hasn't done anything wrong yet.

Will probably start a more story based game soon aswell, I've quite the backlog to get through.
Pratty's trade list, updated (October 2018)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

outdated_gamer

Post by outdated_gamer » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:56 pm

Some Ultra Street Fighter IV. It's very good but I doubt I will spend as much time with it as I have with SFII in all it's versions.

dste

Post by dste » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:46 pm

Shadows of the Damned on 360.

Finding it to be a bit dull truth be told.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:04 am

Working my way through Uncharted Lost Legacy. Its really good, a nice mix of exploring and action with some really stunning locations.

Also played through Mega Man 9 today, as good as ever, now to see if I can blast through some more of the challenges not to mention Proto Man mode!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Ryan GH

Post by Ryan GH » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:29 am

Witcher 3 - This game is simply sublime! The secret to this game is to explore all the areas of interest on the map. They lead to awesome treasure and other stuff to help you along the way. Also I love the fact that not everything of interest is displayed on the map meaning there is plenty of loot stashed away inside of tree stumps and hidden caches. The maps to this game are absolutely massive and there's about 6 of them, I've been told!! I'm still on the very first map which is White Orchard. Its one of the tiniest maps too, LOL amd yet I'm still finding stuff over 15 hours later!

Another thing, this game runs really well, even on my system at medium detail. I have an i5 3470 and 660GT Graphics card and my frame-rate rarely drops below 45 fps. The graphics even at medium detail are absolutely amazing and some of the weather effects such as stormy windy days will take your breathe away. I have a 19 inch non-widescreen monitor with a resolution of 1280 x 1024.
I can see why this game is generally considered to be the best modern game of all time!

pratty

Post by pratty » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:47 am

Coming towards the end of Prof. Layton and the Curious Village. It's a flimsy excuse for a load of puzzles but it is an enjoyable game.

dste

Post by dste » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:16 am

pratty wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:47 am
Coming towards the end of Prof. Layton and the Curious Village. It's a flimsy excuse for a load of puzzles but it is an enjoyable game.
Despite only playing the first two I love the Layton games, pure enjoyable fun.

I've yet to play it but if you don't own it you should keep an eye out for Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney for the 3DS.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:36 am

Gwent public beta....even more addictive than the in-game version....

pratty

Post by pratty » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:11 am

dste wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:16 am
pratty wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:47 am
Despite only playing the first two I love the Layton games, pure enjoyable fun.

I've yet to play it but if you don't own it you should keep an eye out for Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney for the 3DS.
Cheers, I've got the full set of both Layton trilogies now. I'll probably get the new one with his daughter as the lead character at some point.

I've heard mixed things on the crossover game. My brother who loves the Ace Attorney games said it's his favourite Layton game, but my friend at work who loves the Layton games said she really didn't like it. :|

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:52 pm

Eiyuu Senki on PS3, it's very easy so far, hope there's some challenge to come.

And Persona 3, coming back to this from P5, I thought Tartarus would grate more than it actually has so far.

ArchaicKoala

Post by ArchaicKoala » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:24 pm

Currently working through the Streets of Rage (well Bare Knuckle really...) series on the XBone and also still plodding my way through GTA 5.

I really love GTA 5, it's the most fun I've had playing a game in the series since Vice City

Ryan GH

Post by Ryan GH » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:15 pm

I'm still in Velen in Witcher 3 and probably will be for another 40 hours or so. I can't believe how big the areas are in this game. I have briefly explored Novigrad and was totally blown away by the visuals. That is one massive city!!

snesfanboy

Post by snesfanboy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:52 pm

Ryan GH wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:15 pm
I'm still in Velen in Witcher 3 and probably will be for another 40 hours or so. I can't believe how big the areas are in this game. I have briefly explored Novigrad and was totally blown away by the visuals. That is one massive city!!
i only hear good things about this game, but Witcher 2 (Xbox360) soured me so much, i'll probably never bite the bullet

Ryan GH

Post by Ryan GH » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:40 pm

The two games are like chalk and cheese. Witcher 3 is much more open and you can make it as easy or as hard as you like.
I didn't mind Witcher 2 though but it is not even a patch on its sequel.