What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Delboy

Post by Delboy » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:02 pm

Hey guys, I`ve been setting up my Amiga roms with Lemonade, great fun, now i`m hooked on pinball dreams & Tearaway Thomas.

In between i`m playing Championship manager 01/02 and most friday nights are spent online with Pro Evolution Soccer 6.

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:09 pm

Delboy wrote:pinball dreams
My favourite pinball simulator.

I couldn't help but notice that you said you were using Lemonade. How do you find it? - I use Lemonade myself (it makes it easier for my bro to play Amiga games) and I find it very good (& very convenient)

Whilst you were on the Lemon Amiga site, did you register on the forum? The Lemon Amiga forum is one I frequent on a regular basis (as well as here of course) and it's a nice, relaxed forum full of like minded Amiga fanatics from across the world. It's not a busy forum (like here) but it's the place I get my Amiga kicks!!!

P-Head

Post by P-Head » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:19 pm

Dreamcast- Crisis Evil. It's a Resident Evil beat em up based on the Beats of Rage engine. Today's pretty much been a Dreamcast day. I've been playing some emulated Vectrex on the DC as well.

Delboy

Post by Delboy » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:45 pm

Hi Woody fantastic mate, still the odd game missing from the encyclopideia ie Football Glory, Total Carnage but you can`t grumble at all.

Amazing frontend for begginers, i`m making a collection for my father he introduced me to the Amiga & ZX Spectrum before,.. he isn`t really clued up with setting up WINUAE & stuff like that so I think he`ll be very happy.

I was so pleased with the website I made a donation when i registered, though I don`t post much, I love having a browse to Jaguar XJ220 music, great stuff.

DanDare

Post by DanDare » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:32 am

I bought Hotel Dusk for the DS and it had me hooked. Completed it and it's gone on the shelf now and probably won't be played again for awhile (I'll try and forget it so it's a fresh experiance next time I pick it up).

Other than that... zip.

Wildnites

Post by Wildnites » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:52 am

DanDare wrote:I bought Hotel Dusk for the DS and it had me hooked. Completed it and it's gone on the shelf now and probably won't be played again for awhile (I'll try and forget it so it's a fresh experiance next time I pick it up).

Other than that... zip.
Would you recommend this game to other DS owners....?

I have seen the game around and have been tempted to pick it up, but something has always held me back.

I am currently playing Dog's Life on PS2 and this time I am going to finish it :)
Please Sir I cannot tell a lie......

Cabal

Post by Cabal » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:48 pm

Well, I thought I would try my hand at World of Warcraft, but then found out the demo is a 3GB download.:shock:

So loaded up the WOW episode of South Park insted. :D

Grahame

Post by Grahame » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:44 pm

Downloaded Crash Bandicoot on PS3 yesterday.

Gonna play it tonight with the girlfriend, don't think my patience will take it. Wish me luck. :roll:
I'd buy that for a dollar!

DanDare

Post by DanDare » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:08 pm

Wildnites wrote:
DanDare wrote:I bought Hotel Dusk for the DS and it had me hooked. Completed it and it's gone on the shelf now and probably won't be played again for awhile (I'll try and forget it so it's a fresh experiance next time I pick it up).

Other than that... zip.
Would you recommend this game to other DS owners....?

I have seen the game around and have been tempted to pick it up, but something has always held me back.

I am currently playing Dog's Life on PS2 and this time I am going to finish it :)
Yes. I would recommend it fully. It's one of the best games I have ever played on any system. The story and characters are believable and engaging.

Try not to read many reviews (or the manual) but instead play through it and you'll find a charming game with many surprises and twists.

The only thing that I would say is that it is a slow game with a lot of dialogue. If you like fast-pace, then you'll hate it. Then again in the age of trade-ins it's win/win!

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:12 pm

Delboy wrote:Hi Woody fantastic mate, still the odd game missing from the encyclopideia ie Football Glory, Total Carnage but you can`t grumble at all.

Amazing frontend for begginers, i`m making a collection for my father he introduced me to the Amiga & ZX Spectrum before,.. he isn`t really clued up with setting up WINUAE & stuff like that so I think he`ll be very happy.

I was so pleased with the website I made a donation when i registered, though I don`t post much, I love having a browse to Jaguar XJ220 music, great stuff.
The background music is one feature I love from that site - I post on the forums to the music from Lotus Turbo II. I made a PayPal donation a while ago - something I don't normally do, but I thought it was a good cause - the Amiga :D

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:15 am

Gradius advance

Wildnites

Post by Wildnites » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:00 am

DanDare wrote:Yes. I would recommend it fully. It's one of the best games I have ever played on any system. The story and characters are believable and engaging.

Try not to read many reviews (or the manual) but instead play through it and you'll find a charming game with many surprises and twists.

The only thing that I would say is that it is a slow game with a lot of dialogue. If you like fast-pace, then you'll hate it. Then again in the age of trade-ins it's win/win!
Cool I got paid today, maybe I will tread myself :D
Please Sir I cannot tell a lie......

Freshmetal

Post by Freshmetal » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:32 am

Continuing to play through Final Fantasy X (PS2). I've not played it properly for about five years, so the majority of the storyline is fresh again since I've forgotten it.
Final Fantasy XII (PS2) and Sid Meier's Pirates (PSP) turned up today in the mail, so I'll give them a go later too, although I think I'll put FFXII aside until I finish X.
Also pre-ordered Rogue Galaxy (PS2), which should turn up next week. Looks like I'm set for summer with RPGs.

P-Head

Post by P-Head » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:05 pm

MAME- Gunforce: Battle Fire Engulfed Terror Island

The name intrigued me.

DanDare

Post by DanDare » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:27 pm

Wildnites wrote:
DanDare wrote:Yes. I would recommend it fully. It's one of the best games I have ever played on any system. The story and characters are believable and engaging.

Cool I got paid today, maybe I will tread myself :D
Let me know what you think if you pick it up.