What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

DPrinny

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by DPrinny » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:05 am

Played a bit of Tekken 7 at Arcade club

It hurts my eyes to look at and is had to follow
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:41 am

Rise of the Tomb Raider, Xbox. I think this game shows the strengths and weaknesses of modern games; superb presentation but initially pretty boring as a game. It has opened up from tight scripted "corridors" with the odd QTE to an open world, survivalist sim with hunting and crafting mechanics. Haven't decided if I like it yet.

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:30 am

Danger Zone.

It's basically the crash junctions from Burnout by the ex-devs who previously made the brilliant Dangerous Golf.

Unfortunately they've made it almost offensively bland.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:00 pm

Tekken 7
loving it
that is all
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:49 pm

gman72 wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:00 pm
Tekken 7
loving it
that is all
Meant to pre-order this to get the bonus Eliza (I think that's her name) character but completely forgot :oops:

I assume she'll be available as some sort of DLC anyway.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:21 pm

Megamixer wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:49 pm
gman72 wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:00 pm
Tekken 7
loving it
that is all
Meant to pre-order this to get the bonus Eliza (I think that's her name) character but completely forgot :oops:

I assume she'll be available as some sort of DLC anyway.
Aye, apparently in 30 days time. She's pretty fun, though I can't use her well at all.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:40 am

Most of the weekend has been spent playing through Furier difficulty on Furi. A brilliant and brutally difficult boss attack game which alternates between bullet hell shooter and hand to hand combat. Its absolutely brilliant!

Also been playing loads of Ultra SF2 on my Switch. No matter how many times I play the game, I never get tired of it and it handles very nice on the Switch which is a pleasant surprise. Maybe not the best priced game out there, but I don't regret picking it up that's for sure.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:51 pm

Online in Tekken 7 is pretty much unplayable apart from Tournaments which then crap out like 50% of the time. Jesus.

Ryan GH

Post by Ryan GH » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:24 pm

The Witcher : Enhanced edition - Ive spent about 40 hours so far on it and still on chapter 2. I love the way you have to question everyone and their motives in this massive town and try to wwork out who murdered your friend, another fellow Witcher. Combat at first was very fiddly and frustrating but that was because I wasn't doing it right. Once you work it out, you can easily take down multiple enemies at a time and I love how you have to mix potions by collecting ingredients for alchemy. Also you can sharpen your blades and apply special grease for attacking specific enemies. The game even comes with a monster glossary to help you work out how to beat them and keeps you informed about the world you are in and all the major characters. Its a brilliant brilliant game and you have to play very carefully or you can actually end up killing innocents and make bad accusations. Its one of those games where you have to exhaust all your options before coming to a conclusion.....

mr jenzie

Post by mr jenzie » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:45 pm

updated my DISNEY INFINITY 3.0 with my new discs and figure
assassins creed 1, and rather enjoyed it

also "acquiring" gamecube games like the MARIO ones (SOCCER, GOLF, SUNSHINE), both zelda's (quite like THE WIND WAKER) and PIKMIN which is really great

SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:06 am

Sacked-off Tomb Raider as I had gotten bored of the dull tasks. I think they call you it "busy work" nowadays?

I have started the Deadspace trilogy on XBone. I think the first might be a bona-fide classic. Still very playable.

Ryan GH

Post by Ryan GH » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:12 am

SJ_Sathanas wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:06 am
I have started the Deadspace trilogy on XBone. I think the first might be a bona-fide classic. Still very playable.
I start Dead Space 1 on PC after I finish The Witcher. Looking forward to it!!

Tom_Baker

Post by Tom_Baker » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:05 pm

Wally Bear and the No gang, a nes platformer in which I'm told Ricky Rat is pressuring Toby Turtle - into joining his gang, and for his initiation Toby Turtle must take some pills. I absolutely will not stand for see Toby buzzing off his head on E Units Ricky Rat has then stolen Priscilla Poodle's radio and rather than calling the police she's telling me all about it, knowing full well my commitment to moral fortitude. AS i WRITE THIS MY FACE IS CONTORTED WITH HOT WRATH, YES MY FACE HAS CRUMPLED INTO AN EXPRESSION OF ENRAGEMENT! YOU, YES YOU LARRY LIZARD ARE THE ONE WHO HAS BROUGHT ME TO THE BRINK OF TOTAL COLLAPSE! In his "completely trollied" state, he refused to accept my help and tried to kill me!

It's a good game, a bit too easy, but then it had to be - it's aimed at kids.

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:37 pm

I have been playing Tekken 7. Mainly online and training mode

I've never been good at Tekken, though I've done well with Shaheen in ranked matches :D

SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:39 am

I use to play Tekken 3 in training mode, against high level cpu opponents. Bouts would be over too quickly playing the usual Arcade format.