What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

ShadowMan

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:06 am

snesfanboy wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:Played about 45 hours on Dark Souls over the last couple of weeks. It just pulled me in completely, bar finishing of RE7 I've found it very hard to play anything else. Its incredibly fun and addictive, I'm at the point now where the only thing left to do is to fight the final boss, but I want to play the DLC first so I'll be buying and completing that before I finish off the game. Excellent stuff, definitely lives up to its reputation in terms of quality. I'll definitely be getting 2&3 next.
DLC is amazing

DS2 & 3 are great too but 1 is the best

DS2 original i liked the best, the SOTFS-revamp tips over into 'annoying' territory
Yeah, I've heard the SOTFS update makes things more frustrating/less fun in places. I'll be interested to see what my opinion is of it when I get round to playing it.

Meanwhile, I've been running through Shantae and the Pirate Curse. Cleared the game once and enjoyed it so much that I replayed it immediately (in Pirate Mode) and managed to get the 4 hour/100% speed run finished. Managed to clear all the bosses without taking any damage as well which was more straightforward than expected! Now to see if I can do the 2 hour speed run challenge...
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:58 am

Started the DLC in Dark Souls. Beat the first boss fairly without too much trouble, he hits hard but is fairly straight forward to fight. The second boss though was a real toughie to beat until I learned that you could smack him out of his power up move. That made the fight more even, though healing was tough as he doesn't give you much breathing room. Awesome fight though!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:53 pm

I'm back on EDF 4.1 Shadow of new despair on PS4. Doing the Wing Diver class this time round. This game is fabulous - especially in 4 player online co-op.
Also Doom4 on PS4 as GAME in Norwich are selling the SE new and sealed for £15
Also Darius Burst on Vita as it was £10.99 in the sale
Also Skyrim SE on Xbone

Happy days :D
Last edited by gman72 on Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:04 pm

I really need to get EDF 4.1. If only I had more time to play it! EDF 5 will be out by the time I get round to picking it up...

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:23 pm

ShadowMan wrote:I really need to get EDF 4.1. If only I had more time to play it! EDF 5 will be out by the time I get round to picking it up...
I've put 140 hours into 4.1. Absolutely love it, even though I've put that amount of time in there are online players with 10 or 20 times the amount of health that I have. They know super advanced farming techniques. The only way to play for me is the top skill level (Inferno).
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:08 pm

I started Final Fantasy 15 earlier this week with my girlfriend and I've been playing it all week. As someone that's not a great fan of the franchise, I'm absolutely delighted by this game! Right from the opening moments, pushing the broken down car and hearing the banter between the main cast, I knew it was going to be something special.

The actual characters are some of the most likable I've seen in any game for a long time. The back and forth continues to make me laugh out loud and the English voice acting is on point (I'VE COME UP WITH A NEW RECIPE!). Add to that all of the little touches, the cooking, fishing, photography, and the game suddenly becomes totally captivating.

Combat wise it's the best FF I've ever played, real-time, reactive and a nice balance between standard JRPG strategies without the monotony of turn-based battles.

Just cleared my third royal tomb. 20 hours in and I can't put it down.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:17 pm

More Mario DOOM

Defeated Bowsers true form

The Hardest of All Freds

Post by The Hardest of All Freds » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:24 pm

I bought Prey (360) from CEX for 50p so playing through it again.I forgot how much I LOVE this game.
Going Solo...................

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:34 am

Brutal DOOM on Overwhelming brutality
Basically Nightmare x2

This is kinda fun

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:21 am

Mixing up a few games at the moment - Gravity Rush 2 which is great fun, but the camera sucks in places and forced stealth sections are garbage, and break up an otherwise enjoyable experience. Not quite sure yet if I prefer it to the original.
Platformer wise I'm jumping between Cloudberry Kingdom and Super Meat Boy - two nice tough platformers to sink my teeth into - I'm replaying Meat Boy at the moment (on the PS4) to 100% it again. Can't seem to do the one life trophies though like I did on the Vita for the first two levels. Not sure how I managed that!

Vita wise I'm working through Steins Gate - its a visual novel so no gameplay to speak of, just a really good story that has grabbed me so that I can't wait to see what happens next.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:27 am

Stranger Of Sword City on Xbox One.

Japanese turn-based dungeon crawler in the style of Legend Of Grimrock. It's slow going but I'm plodding on with it.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:28 am

ShadowMan wrote:I really need to get EDF 4.1. If only I had more time to play it! EDF 5 will be out by the time I get round to picking it up...
The PS3 version is free on PS Plus this month.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:07 am

Treguard wrote:
The PS3 version is free on PS Plus this month.
Great news. I'll download it when I get the chance.

Meanwhile I'm replaying Super Meat Boy, this time on the PS4. I've cleared all the normal levels, working on the last of the dark levels next. Almost done all of the warp zones as well, just unlocked "The Guy" so I should just have one last warp zone left and I'll be done with that side of things. Then it'll be off to Cotton Alley...

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:08 pm

The new Ghost Recon. Disappointingly it is nothing like GRAW and completely the same as Far Cry 3 and 4.

dste

Post by dste » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:13 pm

Been playing Final Fight One on the GBA.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!