What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Rayne

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by Rayne » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:25 pm

I thought Sonic Generations was bloody brilliant. I actually liked the 3D sections far more than their classic counterparts too. On a 3D Telly, it's pretty mind-blowing stuff.

Right now I'm playing a lot of Titanfall 2, what a nice surprise! Compared to the recent COD, this is a huge breath of fresh air. The gameplay is extremely satisfying - having all the mobility and speed of a pilot mixed with the sheer power of a Titan makes each firefight genuinely exciting. There's also a pretty good try at a story too!

I'm also working to finish off the last few trophies on the Skyrim Special Edition. Really losing the will to live as I have to now grind out levels to approx 80 to fight the Legendary dragon. So. Boring.

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:41 pm

I managed to get Sonic stuck behind the scenery today! I dunno, Generations is fun in places, but then the lock-on drops me in a hole once again. Gah. Did I mention the camera that zooms in way too close?

outdated_gamer

Post by outdated_gamer » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:37 pm

ArmA 3, Mortal Kombat 1 & II, Doom 1 & II with mods.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:32 pm

Last Guardian, Trico is adorable, just a big cat with feathers. Not far in yet, but loving it so far

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:11 am

Rayne wrote: I'm also working to finish off the last few trophies on the Skyrim Special Edition. Really losing the will to live as I have to now grind out levels to approx 80 to fight the Legendary dragon. So. Boring.
Grinding? In Skyrim? :shock:

Could it be we have discovered the only Skyrim player who doesn't know how to power level up to 80 in mere minutes using a multitude of available exploits? Or even the value of a certain Shout when used in conjunction with the telekinesis spell if you want to level at a slower but still accelerated rate? :lol:
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:55 am

The Beans wrote:
Rayne wrote: I'm also working to finish off the last few trophies on the Skyrim Special Edition. Really losing the will to live as I have to now grind out levels to approx 80 to fight the Legendary dragon. So. Boring.

Could it be we have discovered the only Skyrim player who doesn't know how to power level up to 80 in mere minutes using a multitude of available exploits? Or even the value of a certain Shout when used in conjunction with the telekinesis spell if you want to level at a slower but still accelerated rate? :lol:
Most of the exploits have now been fixed. I'm standing in front of Shadowmere continually casting spells and stabbing the poor bugger to level up :(

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:30 am

As per the last few months, Sensible Soccer (Snes - via phone emulator and Bluetooth controller).
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:53 am

Rayne wrote:
The Beans wrote:

Most of the exploits have now been fixed. I'm standing in front of Shadowmere continually casting spells and stabbing the poor bugger to level up :(
Nope. The exploits are in the remastered version. I levelled from 20 to 70 in ten minutes last week. None of the gear/spell/crafting things were ever patched and they remain. Even if you just use Telekinesis with the shout that lets you cast spells for free for 30s you can level up relatively fast and fuss free if you put an elastic band on the controller trigger. I'm on Xbox One btw.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:35 am

Spent several more hours today playing Yakuza 6. Unlocked the Tiger Drop counter move, maybe the execution is tighter or I've been spoiled with how insanely smooth 0 and Kiwami were but it feels harder to pull off in this game. Still useful, just not as good as it was in the last couple of games.

I've also taken in more of the city, doing more side stories and mini game activities - made more money playing Mah Jong, spent said money at a hostess club (I love the new interface for that part), spent more time playing Outrun, Space Harrier, Puyo Puyo and Super Hang on at the arcade. Played around more with the combat system and unlocked a few more moves and leveled my character up more in the gym. Oh, and I did a bit more of the story mode. Even if it feels like it has less content than the last couple of games in the series I still can't see me finishing the game in less than 100 hours!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:23 pm

A pretty bad football game on the Vita and now I'm getting double-teamed by the developer AND Dino Dini. Fuuuuuuuu!

gman72

Post by gman72 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:43 pm

Finally gave in and downloaded loads and loads of MODS for Skyrim SE on Xbox One. Three Graphic overhauls, one for ground and rocks one for water and one for trees. It looks really nice now. New weather - bad storms etc. and a beautiful new night sky. Bug fixes, new homes and followers, new bosses new perk trees for standard player and Werewolves and Vampires, new missions and new areas, new spells and weapons. I've already completed a lovely DLC pack called the clockwork castle which had very spooky overtones and was very entertaining. I must have downloaded 30 plus mods and I've had no compatibility issues, as long as you place graphical overhauls at the bottom of the load order you cant go wrong... fantastic. :D
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:54 pm

Another playing Sensi here, the Master System version. It's a bit poo but not enough for it to make for a good blog post... at least not one of its own, that is.

The physics are off, the AI is beyond stupid and playing it in one-button mode is not a good idea... but dammit if it ain't still got a bit of the magic of Sensi somehow!

The sweet spots still work, putting together passing moves is still a joy and it's a hell of a lot more fun than bloody Champions of Europe, that's for sure.

RetroPlayer

Post by RetroPlayer » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:31 am

Outrun 2 on the original xbox. Loving it.
Picked it up for 50p on Wednesday along with Project Gotham racing and Amped 2, also 50p each. :)

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:30 am

Deadly Premonition Director's Cut on PS3

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:59 am

RetroPlayer wrote:Outrun 2 on the original xbox. Loving it.
Picked it up for 50p on Wednesday along with Project Gotham racing and Amped 2, also 50p each. :)
Original Xbox is a collectors dream IMO.

Solid console, HDD built in, Component lead support, and a host of great games that can be bought really really cheap.

Exclusives like PGR, Rallisport challenge, Crimson Skies, Gun Valkrye, Toe jam and earl 3, Crazy TAxi 3, Panzer dragoon orta etc.