What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

Rayne

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by Rayne » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:03 am

Sounds a lot like Battlefront. An extremely fun experience that's as shallow as they come.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:34 am

Rayne wrote:Sounds a lot like Battlefront. An extremely fun experience that's as shallow as they come.
Pretty much.
Out of the two games I prefer Battlefront. It was cheap when I bought it and the Star Wars skin carries it a long way. BF1 cost twice as much and is exactly the same except the small maps are crowded with too many players and everybody's a sniper.
The game isn't totally crap, I've had some really enjoyable games, it just got real old real fast because there's no depth at all and nothing to achieve long term for those who need that extra reason to keep playing the same map rotations using gameplay that grows staler with each successive sequel.

At £20 pre-owned to dip in and out of? Decent game.

Full price with expectations of getting as much sustained bang for my buck as Battlefield 4? Major letdown.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:41 am

The Beans wrote:
Rayne wrote:Sounds a lot like Battlefront. An extremely fun experience that's as shallow as they come.
Pretty much.
Out of the two games I prefer Battlefront. It was cheap when I bought it and the Star Wars skin carries it a long way. BF1 cost twice as much and is exactly the same except the small maps are crowded with too many players and everybody's a sniper.
The game isn't totally crap, I've had some really enjoyable games, it just got real old real fast because there's no depth at all and nothing to achieve long term for those who need that extra reason to keep playing the same map rotations using gameplay that grows staler with each successive sequel.

At £20 pre-owned to dip in and out of? Decent game.

Full price with expectations of getting as much sustained bang for my buck as Battlefield 4? Major letdown.
Sounds unfortunate. Feels a bit like with Battlefield they're getting too influenced by games like COD, games they've actively in the past tried to be different from.

Maybe someday we'll get the Bad Company sequel we've been hoping for.
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

The Last Ginja

Post by The Last Ginja » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:29 pm

Titanfall 2. A lot.

The campaign is amazing fun and I love the multiplayer.

It's a massive shame that it doesn't seem to be selling that well as it's the full package. Between this and Battlefront my multiplayer needs are sorted until next year (Battelfront 2!)

No season pass either which is nice.

Also playing Rise of the Tomb Raider which I'll hopefully finish off in the next week or so.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:39 pm

Still plugging away at Overwatch, I get the horrible feeling I'm becoming worse at this game as time goes on. But the reveal (finally) of Sombra has me pretty excited, she looks excellent.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:41 pm

TO NIGHT

Project Zero, kinda enjoyable, but bloody annoying when the ghosts warp all around

Retro, flash games, on PS2, all lack appeal

Shadow the headgehog
After using 4 PS2s I got it to load
Glitching all over the place, falling off platforms TOTAL ARSE!!
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

stvd

Post by stvd » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:58 pm

MGS V - apart from the ps1 original, I never really got into any of the others.
This is very good though. So far....

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:03 pm

Sel Feena wrote:Still plugging away at Overwatch, I get the horrible feeling I'm becoming worse at this game as time goes on. But the reveal (finally) of Sombra has me pretty excited, she looks excellent.
Yeah, I haven't stopped plugging away at Overwatch since I got it. Don't get discouraged though, since my Skill Rating took two dives before climbing back up again.

Sombra looks good as do the new maps and modes which I think are the biggest aspect of the new reveals. Quick play will be a 1 hero limit game at last.
Oh and if you want to do little social experiments on our forum don't post about them on your own you plum - Darren@Retro Gamer

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:52 am

back on Black Ops 2 after a lengthy absence, took a bit to get used to it again but now putting up some good scores.

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:34 pm

Been playing Gears of war 4 multiplayer quite a bit.And just had a bash on oriental legend on the xbox pretty decent beat em up.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:02 pm

Started on the COD Infinite Warfare campagin, wow! Bombastic to say the least, I'm really enjoying it so far.

Zombies mode is also pretty good fun, and I'm not normally a fan of that mode.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:29 pm

Nearly done with the castle segment of Resi 4 on my Pro playthrough. After so many 'normal' playthroughs with infinite weapons etc. it's actually great to not to feel invincible and to actually have that stress of diminishing resources as well as protecting Ashley. There have been a fair few deaths so far but it's still mighty enjoyable. That bloody horrible Salazar's right-hand boss is coming soon though...
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:35 am

Kind of stuck in a Battlefield 1, FIFA 17 and Football Manager 17 limbo at the moment, don't have the time at the moment, so it is all pick up and play stuff. Vita is coming in very handy for short blasts of gaming, Hotline Miami is my current go to!

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:26 pm

dead or alive dimensions for 3ds

had it for a couple of months in my 2ds case with the intention of blasting through it, decided to play it and despite it not being my normal type of thing, its a lot of fun
Last edited by flatapex on Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:08 am

Finished the Infinite Warfare campaign on hardened, now working through it on Vet. Didn't realize that unlocked perks carry over through to new playthroughs, so I've inadvertently made Veteran way easier than I expected. Happy days!

Zombies mode is bloody difficult. I'm trying to unlock the trophies for finishing the main easter egg, jesus H! There's about 35 separate steps to follow with a manic difficulty curve. Not convinced I'll be able to finish it...

Also been playing more Overwatch with my team. Finally finished my ranked placement matches for Season 2, got put into the Platinum category. Chuffed 8)