What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

DPrinny

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by DPrinny » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:48 am

^Everytime I play Heroes a new glitch happens

Been trying to play some Streets of rage 2 hacks on my Mega Everdrive, ones that are more than just changing sprites
Ive had the more bad guys on screen one working then it stopped giving me the "This game is not for your region" error

MattyC64c

Post by MattyC64c » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:09 am

Had a big MAME gaming session on Monday. Played a fair bit of the likes of Gauntlet, Outrun, Galaga, Time Pilot and Operation Wolf. I must have a different ROM set for OP Wolf that I had before as this one is a lot harder and I was get intercepted between levels, which I don't remember from the UK arcade cab back in the day!

I've taken my Xbox 360 S out of retirement, into a semi-retirement. I've been watching all the Bond films on Blu-ray lately and I wanted to play the recent games, so I popped in Game on Tuesday and bought Quantum of Solice, Goldeneye Reloaded and Blood Stone for the 360. I seriously doubt these games will be made BC for the Xbox One, so the 360 is the only way to go.

ShadowNeku

Post by ShadowNeku » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:23 pm

Started Shadow Hearts 3 last week. I do love the judgement ring system and the risk factor it adds to trying for heavier attacks.
For a series that was started as a horror RPG though, its weird how bright and wacky this one is.
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:32 pm

Giving my Vita a lot of love atm...

IA/VT Colourful - I am so, so close to the Platinum trophy. I've lost count of how many hours I've put into this game now but I've loved each and every minute. The song selection doesn't quite reach the highs of the Project Diva series but it makes up for it in terms of sheer quantity & variety. I'm also finding the actual Rhythm game to be more fun than the gameplay in the Diva series.

Ratchet & Clank HD - I've played the PS3 entries to the series but I never had a chance to try the PS2 originals. So far I'm about 3 hours into the first game and...it's enjoyable enough I suppose. It hasn't aged particularly well.

RetroMartin

Post by RetroMartin » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:44 pm

DPrinny wrote:^Everytime I play Heroes a new glitch happens

Been trying to play some Streets of rage 2 hacks on my Mega Everdrive, ones that are more than just changing sprites
Ive had the more bad guys on screen one working then it stopped giving me the "This game is not for your region" error
I find it throws you off stuff with little control which is the only thing i hate about Heroes. It was a well made premise with fun levels but waaayyyyy too many grind sections which are annoyingly the thing you get littlecontrol of sometimes.

Been able to play a bit of segasonic arcade on the ol' mame emulator, id love to own an actual machine for that one day.

On PSO i just beat ep 1 normal and got the soul eater also to help power through. Gonna move onto ep 2 normal to boost me up enough for hard mode. Got one rare weapon and an addslot and some (now useless) photon drops already on normal which is amusing.

PSN username - MartinPhantom

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:52 pm

Rayne wrote:Giving my Vita a lot of love atm...

IA/VT Colourful - I am so, so close to the Platinum trophy. I've lost count of how many hours I've put into this game now but I've loved each and every minute. The song selection doesn't quite reach the highs of the Project Diva series but it makes up for it in terms of sheer quantity & variety. I'm also finding the actual Rhythm game to be more fun than the gameplay in the Diva series.

Ratchet & Clank HD - I've played the PS3 entries to the series but I never had a chance to try the PS2 originals. So far I'm about 3 hours into the first game and...it's enjoyable enough I suppose. It hasn't aged particularly well.
I managed to plat IA/VT - its fairly easy going bar a couple of trophies - mission mode managed to be a bit of a pain a couple of times, but nothing a bit of patience and skill couldn't overcome, but the "wear all costumes" trophy sucked since it was impossible to track. Took me ages to get that trophy to unlock. Awesome game though, even if it is a bit too easy on the lower difficulties (hard mode is totally where its at).

I'm now playing Slain on the PS4. Its a badass side scrolling action game that looks incredibly (wonderfully animated sprites) and has a really solid combat system. I've beaten the first two levels so far and I've enjoyed the mix of platforming and action very much. You get just enough different moves to make things interesting and varied and the game isn't a push over so I never feel bored. Assuming the quality doesn't take a nose dive then its one of the best action games I've played all year. Excellent stuff.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

level857games

Post by level857games » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:37 pm

Double Dragon Advanced (GBC)
Maniac Mansion (Nes)

David

Post by David » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:52 pm

Football manager mobile 2016

Not usually a fan of mobile phone games but this is great

SpockIOM

Post by SpockIOM » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:12 am

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, and I've picked up my savefile of FF7 after about 8 months off.
Yours sincerely, the little voice in your head that talks when you read.

pratty

Post by pratty » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:49 am

Resi Evil Revelations on the Wii U. Good game for sure, but the franchise has lost something since RE4.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:28 am

pratty wrote:Resi Evil Revelations on the Wii U. Good game for sure, but the franchise has lost something since RE4.
Not for me. I thought 5 was as good as 4 and also enjoyed 6. I have purchased all 3 remastered on disc for PS4.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:51 am

gman72 wrote:
pratty wrote:Resi Evil Revelations on the Wii U. Good game for sure, but the franchise has lost something since RE4.
Not for me. I thought 5 was as good as 4 and also enjoyed 6. I have purchased all 3 remastered on disc for PS4.
I totally agree, I enjoyed each of the Resi's for what they were. I've also got all 3 PS4 releases (4 just arrived yesterday) and I enjoyed the heck out of 5 when I replayed that last month. I can't wait to get my copy of Dead Rising for the PS4 as well :mrgreen:
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

pratty

Post by pratty » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:15 pm

gman72 wrote:
I enjoyed 5 too, haven't played 6. I just mean there's something missing, it's hard to put your finger on, probably a combination of several things that they nailed in 4 but haven't quite replicated to the same standard. One thing would probably be the characters and monsters, they really stood out and were memorable, some perhaps even iconic. I'm not saying the frachise is in freefall or anything like that, far from it, I'm a big fan, but I do think it's fair to say it peaked with 4 which was a bit of a masterpiece.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:18 pm

gman72 wrote:
6 was a little bland for me, but 5 is IMO a superb game, I enjoyed it so much that I played through and completed it 3 times. a terribly under appreciated game.

MattyC64c

Post by MattyC64c » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:10 am

RodimusPrime wrote:6 was a little bland for me, but 5 is IMO a superb game, I enjoyed it so much that I played through and completed it 3 times. a terribly under appreciated game.
I loved 5 was well. I remember playing it though 3 or four times as well. Some of my guns had unlimited ammo after finishing the games so many times.

I'm really liking the look of RE 7 after playing the teaser demo on my PS4.