What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

retrogamerdude

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by retrogamerdude » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:24 pm

Streets of Rage 2 (New Nintendo 3DS)
Retro Gamer For Life <3

Lately been playing:
Splatoon 2 (Nintendo Switch)

Last Purchase - Super Mario Odyssey (NS)

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:09 pm

Back to Warriors Orochi 3 on the PS4. Looks like the second half of the game is shorter than the first half? At least it doesn't look like you can unlock loads of bonus missions. Its the definition of dumb fun. Its not a deep game (far from it) but I do enjoy destroying hordes of enemies with flashy moves. Kinda glad that the second half of the game seems shorter than the first, means I might actually finish the game this year.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

snesfanboy

Post by snesfanboy » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 pm

Neverwinter on PS4

The Last Ginja

Post by The Last Ginja » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:29 pm

50 hours in on Dying Light PC. Playing it co-op, would have ditched it before now if not for co-op.

It was fun for the first 15 hours but it's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo repetitive repetitive.(yes i meant that)

Mad Max PS4- Also repetitive but in a relaxing kind of way, go here grab scrap, go here beat some people up grab scrap. 20 hours in it's my go to game for getting scrap. Cathartic gaming at it's best.

I was also playing a LOT of Forza Horizon 1 on the XB1 via B/C but it started getting a really censored frame rate and wouldn't stop. Apparently they're going to patch it. So I'll wait for that.
Last edited by The Last Ginja on Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jimmy Corkhill

Post by Jimmy Corkhill » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:34 pm

Agent Under Fire (James Bond) on Gamecube.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:41 pm

The next two Bond games are better.

Thanks to Retro Asylum, I've been playing Megaman on NES. It's awful. I hate it. I hope later iterations improve on it significantly.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:51 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:The next two Bond games are better.

Thanks to Retro Asylum, I've been playing Megaman on NES. It's awful. I hate it. I hope later iterations improve on it significantly.
LOL nope. I mean, they get better, but they're fundamentally the same thing over and over. Which I like, I hasten to add.

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:19 pm

Geometry Wars 3

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:17 am

Depends on your definition of "significantly". Level design is tightened up, Mega Man's control is altered slightly so that he doesn't slide around any more, and its less glitchy (so falling into spikes when your already damaged won't kill you, you can't fall through one particular set of platforms when damaged any more etc.) but if you don't like the basic run, gun, jump gameplay while taking out bosses, its doubtful you'll like later entries since they are basically the exact same thing, just with different levels and bosses.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:06 pm

Double-dipped and got Caladrius on PS4, so I've been bashing on that. Really good game, scratching my shmup itch.

JamesC

Post by JamesC » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:16 pm

Personally I find Megaman to be one of the most overrated series in gaming history (along with Contra/Gryzor/Probotector).

I've been hitting the Megadrive quite hard lately. I've spent some time with Decap Attack which I really like - great music and atmosphere, a real sense of character, quirky physics - good stuff and quite unusual (I used to really like Psycho Fox but haven't played it since I was about 12).

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:38 pm

Mortal Kombat X, quite fun to play and I like the more realistic look the characters have, especially the female cast. That said, part of the fun of fatalities were how OTT they were, whereas here a lot of them are just a bit gross.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:47 pm

Negative Creep wrote:Mortal Kombat X, quite fun to play and I like the more realistic look the characters have, especially the female cast. That said, part of the fun of fatalities were how OTT they were, whereas here a lot of them are just a bit gross.
Bought the XL edition the other week and looking forward to playing it when I get round to it. I love the idea of the movie character guests and I really enjoyed MK9 before it on the PS3. The fatalities and x-rays are definitely disgusting but perversely enjoyable at the same time!

Myself, I've been playing a bit more Enthusia on the PS2. Finally (after much trying with the rival car 'raffle's system) I unlocked the E30 M3 Sport Evo. Yay. Been using an NSX but I'm not happy with the handling as it is now - the Volvo S60R and Impreza 22B have been my most trusty cars thus far. Problem with games like this is that it keeps giving me more cars for the 'want to own' list :roll:
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:11 am

Deus Ex Mankind Divided. Just cracked the Pacific Palisades Bank, which was awesome. For me, this is the first time this new Deus Ex has felt like the original. Crawling around in air vents, stun gunning guards, hacking the security system, all that good stuff.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:03 am

Played around a bit on the For Honor alpha yesterday (its Ubisofts new medieval combat game). Its... ok. I like everything except the fact that blocking at the moment feels really hit or miss for me. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but the tutorials don't really do a good job of highlighting the timings properly, so I'm at a loss on exactly what I'm doing wrong. I'll give it another shot tonight, I want to enjoy it, I like the concept, setting and may like the combat if I can get the evasion and blocking down. Its certainly not as good as Nioh though, I played quite a lot of that beta a couple of weeks back and the combat on that felt perfect - blocking/evasion was perfect and the combat felt very satisfying.

I also spent a little time replaying the Yakuza 6 demo. Still really liking it, found out that a couple more advanced moves from previous games were actually available to use in this demo like the tiger drop counter so that made combat even more satisfying :mrgreen: