What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Shinobi

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by Shinobi » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:13 am

aztecca wrote:
Shinobi wrote:
aztecca wrote:Been playing on my newly modded original xbox.Coinops 8 massive and premium 7 Installed. Looks ace through a component cable on hd tv.Cant believe how far the xbox emulators have come since I first messed about with them.

Been playing.

Mile miglia 1000 mile rally
Knights of valor 2
Guardians
Vendetta
Ring king
Guardians of the hood.
So X box finally does Knights of Valour 2and Vendetta, 2 of my fav games but every time I Tried them they'ed never worked.. How Well does it emulate them & does the Asian Vendetta work? As those village people on the third level where removed from most versions..

Also does the X box play every Bor and Street of Rage remake? I'm using my Dreamcast for Bor also got it on Wii but it won't play any games only the sailor moon game.. And the PSP plays them lordly and regularly crashed

If X box played Violent Storm or Demon Blue I may change my mind about it.. my previous experience with X box emulation was aweful and lots of lag/slowdown music emulated wrong PC Engine was terrible with music wrong and speed way off.. C64 nothing would load
Yeah Knights of valor 2 and vendetta work great mate.Dont think its the asian rom for vendetta i have thought its the 4 player world rom.Violent storm works great though.I dont have a demon blue rom installed was that a c64/amiga game?I do have some c64/amiga games installed that work ok.But i dont really play them on the xbox as i cant be arsed with using the virtual keyboard to load the games.All the pc engine games i have tried seem to be working fine.

As for every openbor game working i doubt they all work but i am just trying to get a pak of them to try.the ones i have tried double dragon extreme/Streets of rage remake worked well.

The only games i cant get working are the ones that use capcom cps3 board buts theres only 6 or so red earth/warzard etv
The game I'm thinking of is Dolphin Blue on the Sega Sammy Atomiswave system same as the Knights of Valor games.. As the Atomiswave is mostly belt scrolling/scrolling fighters and if the X Box could emulate them reasonably well I would invest in another x box.. Check those videos now but did you mod it yourself or buy one from Ebay?
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:50 am

Shinobi wrote:
aztecca wrote:
Shinobi wrote: So X box finally does Knights of Valour 2and Vendetta, 2 of my fav games but every time I Tried them they'ed never worked.. How Well does it emulate them & does the Asian Vendetta work? As those village people on the third level where removed from most versions..

Also does the X box play every Bor and Street of Rage remake? I'm using my Dreamcast for Bor also got it on Wii but it won't play any games only the sailor moon game.. And the PSP plays them lordly and regularly crashed

If X box played Violent Storm or Demon Blue I may change my mind about it.. my previous experience with X box emulation was aweful and lots of lag/slowdown music emulated wrong PC Engine was terrible with music wrong and speed way off.. C64 nothing would load
Yeah Knights of valor 2 and vendetta work great mate.Dont think its the asian rom for vendetta i have thought its the 4 player world rom.Violent storm works great though.I dont have a demon blue rom installed was that a c64/amiga game?I do have some c64/amiga games installed that work ok.But i dont really play them on the xbox as i cant be arsed with using the virtual keyboard to load the games.All the pc engine games i have tried seem to be working fine.

As for every openbor game working i doubt they all work but i am just trying to get a pak of them to try.the ones i have tried double dragon extreme/Streets of rage remake worked well.

The only games i cant get working are the ones that use capcom cps3 board buts theres only 6 or so red earth/warzard etv
The game I'm thinking of is Dolphin Blue on the Sega Sammy Atomiswave system same as the Knights of Valor games.. As the Atomiswave is mostly belt scrolling/scrolling fighters and if the X Box could emulate them reasonably well I would invest in another x box.. Check those videos now but did you mod it yourself or buy one from Ebay?

Just checked not got the dolphin blue game on mine mate.If theres any other games you want to know about let me know and ill have a look.I did it myself its would recommend getting a comppnent cable if your thinking of getting one and one with a larger hdd will be needed if you wanted coinops/premium etc on it.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

vice350z

Post by vice350z » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:44 am

Popped in Herzog Zwei the other night. Haven't played in YEAAAAARRS. Could not remember what the hell the buttons did.

English Invader

Post by English Invader » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:54 am

vice350z wrote:Popped in Herzog Zwei the other night. Haven't played in YEAAAAARRS. Could not remember what the hell the buttons did.
Only ever played that once. Didn't do a lot for me. 16-Bit version of Combat on the Atari 2600 with the option of single player. Meh.

There are far more exciting prospects on the Mega Drive.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:21 am

^ Have fond memories of it myself, first strategy type game I'd played. Would spend ages in 2 player just lining up our forces then letting them go at it. Nice soundtrack too!

Saw Journey was on discount, so I've downloaded ready to give it a go. Only played the opening few minutes, but it does seem to have a nice atmosphere about it.

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:57 am

Been playing Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator. Capcom should take note of what content a fighting game should release with. Its packed, and there is a great deal of genuine unlockables in game. Still love Potemkin and Faust as my two mains.

Played some of the KoFXIV demo too. Looks a bit ropey, but plays great. Looks like it could be a great deal of fun

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:02 am

I was impressed with Guilty Gear as well. It looks incredible too, which is always a nice bonus.

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:14 am

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I was impressed with Guilty Gear as well. It looks incredible too, which is always a nice bonus.
Yeh the animation is fantastic. Intros to the characters, insta-kill moves all look great. Mission mode is fantastic for learning to game mechanics and match up options. Combo mode is thorough and really helps to learn capabilities of each character (anti-airs, dust follow ups etc).

I'm just in awe of the content really. Probably due to my bitter disappointment with SFV :lol:

RetroMartin

Post by RetroMartin » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:28 pm

Having just finished Curse of Monkey Island (and being unable to get a copy of Escape for my ps2 as the wife is making me save cash for the incoming sprog) i am now playong Indiana Jones and the last crusade and have Simon the Sorceror in reserve.

PSN username - MartinPhantom

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:43 pm

I've been playing random arcade games via Mame (mainly stuff that never got ported, or at least was never ported well). I really miss Sega, Konami and Data East, they were monsters back in the 80's/90's with their arcade releases. So many fun action games... I could probably be content for months just playing through their back catalogues.

Also played around on the Batman arcade game (based on the first movie). Its what you expect - side scrolling platformer with batmobile shooting sections. Its got some wonderful sprites and music though, some good voice samples as well. Some really cool animations when Batman attacks. As expected its also unbalanced difficulty wise, with some attacks practically destroying you and you have no chance to avoid them.

Also, played the Super Man arcade game. Its ok, its one of the better games based on the hero, but nothing mind blowing. Kinda sad that as above average this game is, I'd say its pretty much the best Super Man game released (or at least, that I've played).

Pity the Sega Sonic the Hedgehog arcade game requires a trackball to play, else I'd be playing that lots as well. Otherwise its practically uncontrollable and impossible to play.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:46 pm

Doom - meh. I just want it over. The tower climbing level was the worst thing so far.

Orc Slayer - one of the worst ever PSN games.

Ninja Pizza Girl - a 2D Mirror's Edge with SJW leanings. I should hate it but I got a bit addicted. Should have it maxed but the 100% trophy is glitched.

Dangerous Golf - decent.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:20 pm

Sword Coast Legends on Xbox One.
I'm getting a lot of enjoyment out of this. It's giving me the same sort of retro vibe as Divinity: Original Sin did. After prolonged playthroughs of triple-A games like Dragon Age: Inquisition and Witcher 3 it's kind of refreshing to ditch the glitz of the open world modern rpg experience and go back to basics with some classic isometric D&D. The single player campaign has turned out to be quite lengthy and fairly entertaining. The Dungeon Crawl mode is excellent, especially now I've figured out how to put NPC companions from the campaign into my party for it.
The only thing the game needs is a patch for the loading times. I doubt there'll ever be one because the game's release appears to be a bit of a contractual obligation or something. A real shame. This game could be epic with some decent publisher support.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:42 am

TRIPPLE DOSE OF RASSTLIN GAMES

Kinnikuman PS2, more of a fighter, 40odd characters to start with, kinda ok

Def jam fight for new York, kinda ok, might play it more

WWE 2011, bit easy, im winning every match without really trying

sscott

Post by sscott » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:07 am

Uncharted 4 has definitely picked up now. Searching pirate caves suddenly feels like an adventure! The little touches like footprints in wet sand and character animation are as good as anything seen this generation. The puzzles are not difficult after a few minutes and on hard the shoot outs are pretty tricky but have changed my opinion on the game now.

David

Post by David » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:40 pm

Fifa 16 Xbox one

Went through a wee spell there is thinking pes 16 was better, but it's really not

This is the game I dreamed of as a kid.