What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

The Beans

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by The Beans » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:54 pm

IronMaidenRule wrote:Popped in Divinity Original Sin for the PS4 as I picked it up a while ago and haven't tried it yet, only played 30mins but it seems bloody fantastic!
It's a great game eventually but the plodding pace of it and the hellish inventory micro-management had me tearing my hair out for a fair bit of time. It's just a bit too old school for me in some ways, while at the same time it's excellently old school in others. It's become a favourite of mine though. I'd recommend it to anyone who likes a turn based game.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

BennyTheGreek

Post by BennyTheGreek » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:02 am

Pure pool ps4
Just cause 3 ps4
Battlefield 4 Pc
Star wars racer Gameboy color....this surprised me...it's actually a decent top down racer....

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:00 pm

We'll now that I'm bored of Overwatch I've been playing...pfft, no, I'm kidding. 26 hours and I'm showing no signs of stopping. Been playing a lot of Reaper recently, what a tank buster!

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:03 pm

Stuck Sensi 2006 on again (inspired by the Euro I suppose). Also still plugging away at Kula World but it's getting devilishly hard now around the stage 50-60 mark.

Haven't really had time/motivation to get stuck into much else really :(
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:07 pm

Lots of Smite and Bloodborne. Beat the blood starved beast meat flap thing. Been grinding away since.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:14 pm

Working my way through South Park faster than expected, well the game is shorter than I remember so I don't think it'll take me too long to finish it off. Not that I'm complaining, as I'd rather have the game this way than have it full of pointless filler and outstay its welcome.

I've also been playing more and more of Risk of Rain for the Vita. I'm really loving its mix of platforming and action (mainly action). There are plenty of power ups and different classes to keep things interesting, and the difficulty is well done with it being just hard enough to be a challenge, but not too hard to make it unfair.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:24 pm

Beat the big tank thing on Valkyria Chronicals and made it through the stealth mission, feels nice to have a bit of a challenge in games again! :D

stvd

Post by stvd » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:33 pm

Only had my PS3 a few months and haven't really had the time for it but this weekend I've been playing The Last of Us.
Really enjoying it but there's been 2 instances where I struggled to advance.
One where Ellie would refuse to climb onto a pallet floating in water (had to restart the level).
And another where I explored every single inch of a room (for 15 minutes) before a ladder mysteriously spawned allowing me to continue.

Two (so far?) major bugs?
Last edited by stvd on Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:37 pm

Rayne wrote:We'll now that I'm bored of Overwatch I've been playing...pfft, no, I'm kidding. 26 hours and I'm showing no signs of stopping. Been playing a lot of Reaper recently, what a tank buster!
Yeah, I think I've played 26+ plus hours of Mercy alone! :lol:

I still haven't played two thirds of the cast yet either. Unfortunately , I think I've got to the point where although I maybe a level 42 Mercy, I'm certainly not a level 42 Windowmaker or Pharrah. It's got me to the point where apart from Soldier 76, I'm uncomfortable playing with experienced players with characters I hardly know. This needs to change but I enjoy playing Mercy so much that I just don't want to unless somebody else picks her instead.

Can't wait for more content though but the current games keep me entertained enough. :D
Oh and if you want to do little social experiments on our forum don't post about them on your own you plum - Darren@Retro Gamer

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:09 pm

^ I love playing a range of characters, I'd say I'm only actually 'good' as Tracer, D.Va and Reaper. The most fun part of Overwatch is switching characters to tackle a situation. Today I played a match on El Dorado, the opposing team had 5 Tolbjorn :shock:. Tried Reinhardt, shield cracked in an instant. Tried Genji, couldn't deflect that many shots. Tried Widowmaker, no vantage point. Tried Reaper, couldn't teleport quickly enough. After cycling a bunch of heroes I ended up with Phara, from a height her rockets absolutely devastated the turrets! Soon our whole team was playing Phara, flying around and causing chaos :lol:

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:11 pm

^ Can never go wrong with a good Mercy or Lucio! Been trying to play more Symettra, love finding sneaky places to put turrets :)

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:10 pm

Shantae riskys revenge

Its ok a few annoys,
Enemy's that can fly all over the screen and are hard to hit, spiders that are also hard to hit that fire a projectile and ones that throw explosives
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:48 pm

Sel Feena wrote:^ Can never go wrong with a good Mercy or Lucio! Been trying to play more Symettra, love finding sneaky places to put turrets :)
Yeah I like the look of Symettra. Quite a technical character and a little unorthodox but she's certainly a someone I'd like to master sometime soon.
Oh and if you want to do little social experiments on our forum don't post about them on your own you plum - Darren@Retro Gamer

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:53 am

Still playing Uncharted 2. Near the end now and I must say, I've really enjoyed it. This is the first Naughty Dog game I can honestly say that about.

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:58 pm

xcom on the 360, haven't played it for ages, it's a brilliant game, always enjoyed turn based games, hard though, had to lower the difficulty until I figure out what I'm doing again