What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

RetroMartin

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by RetroMartin » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:48 am

Sel Feena wrote:Blimey, those red zombies in RE don't mess about. Making me think a lot more about picking my fights
Yeah i hated those first time through, til i learnt that burning the bodies prevents it from happening!

PSN username - MartinPhantom

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:23 am

Got onto Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime with the missus. Lots of fun but a lot trickier than it's fun persona would suggest!

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:43 am

Bluce_Ree wrote:Got onto Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime with the missus. Lots of fun but a lot trickier than it's fun persona would suggest!
It's awesome in co-op. Totally underrated by the couch brigade on the XO for some reason.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

David

Post by David » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:51 am

Not playing, yesterday was a day of installing.

Installing/updating all the ps3 games I have bought recently so they are ready to play when I get the chance

phillv85

Post by phillv85 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:27 pm

I've just played through Coryoon and Star Parodier on the PC Engine this afternoon, 2 of the more forgiving shooters on the system.

MadManDan79

Post by MadManDan79 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:56 pm

Had a blast at megadrive sonic the hedgehog after a few beers still completed it and got all emeralds with a score of 358500...

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:55 pm

Absolutely in love with Fragile Dreams on the Wii at the moment. There are a few niggles (too many long corridors and treks for one) but the overall experience as a whole is unique and enchanting. Can't believe I bought this years ago and only got around to unsealing + playing it this year :roll:
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:48 pm

Fresh off a 5 hour gaming session...

Alpha Sapphire - Got my 7th gym badge and encountered Kyogre for the first time! Gonna have to track him down and add him to my collection. Also my Pupitar finally evolved into a 'mon crushing Tyranitar, which is fantastic.

Link Between Worlds - Stumbled into the Dark World and beat the Thieve's Hideout to get my first sage. Again I'm hugely impressed by this game, I would have ignored it had Ironmaidenrule not offered it for sale. The first hour was a bit so-so but now the whole overworld is at my fingertips, enemies are genuinely challenging, dungeons are devious and exploration is rewarded. Love it!

Mario Kart 7 - Ran through three cups at 100cc. It's a great game but the blue shells...oh the blue shells :shock: two to three of them in every. single. race. Sheesh.

...now my head hurts :lol:

RetroMartin

Post by RetroMartin » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:12 am

Rayne wrote:Fresh off a 5 hour gaming session...

Alpha Sapphire - Got my 7th gym badge and encountered Kyogre for the first time! Gonna have to track him down and add him to my collection. Also my Pupitar finally evolved into a 'mon crushing Tyranitar, which is fantastic.

Link Between Worlds - Stumbled into the Dark World and beat the Thieve's Hideout to get my first sage. Again I'm hugely impressed by this game, I would have ignored it had Ironmaidenrule not offered it for sale. The first hour was a bit so-so but now the whole overworld is at my fingertips, enemies are genuinely challenging, dungeons are devious and exploration is rewarded. Love it!

Mario Kart 7 - Ran through three cups at 100cc. It's a great game but the blue shells...oh the blue shells :shock: two to three of them in every. single. race. Sheesh.

Youll know when kyogre is coming as it should be the next bit you do so load up on ultra and great balls unless you just fancy flinging that master ball! Tyranitar is a damn good pokemon to have. What else have you got on your team?

PSN username - MartinPhantom

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:28 am

XCOM 2. My squad's inability to hit anything makes me weep.

I'm also (finally) playing the Leisure Suit Larry remake/reboot thing. It's amazing how this game still makes me laugh after all these years. The new graphics though...the hooker in Lefty's is rendered way too realistically now :shock: :lol:

MadManDan79

Post by MadManDan79 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:20 am

David wrote:Not playing, yesterday was a day of installing.

Installing/updating all the ps3 games I have bought recently so they are ready to play when I get the chance
How long did GTA V take?

GouldFish

Post by GouldFish » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:55 pm

Just started playing Chrono Trigger again, so far I'm 0 for 2 on completing it.

David

Post by David » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:31 pm

MadManDan79 wrote:
David wrote:Not playing, yesterday was a day of installing.

How long did GTA V take?
Nit sure it said it was an 8gb install so I just left it installing when I went out and the console had turned itself off when I got him. Not turned it on again yet so hope it installed ok

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:38 pm

RetroMartin wrote:
Rayne wrote:Fresh off a 5 hour gaming session...

Youll know when kyogre is coming as it should be the next bit you do so load up on ultra and great balls unless you just fancy flinging that master ball! Tyranitar is a damn good pokemon to have. What else have you got on your team?
I have this thing about only catching Legendries on Pokeballs or Premier balls. Fought Kyogre last night, got him down to half-health, no status problems and caught him first try in a Premier ball :shock: couldn't believe it!

I'm trying to use Pokémon I wouldn't normally use this time so my team currently consists of:

Tyranitar (AMAZING stats, got a lvl 1 Larvitar through wondertrade and levelled him)
Swampert (love his mega evolution)
Hariyama (serious tank)
Dustox (Lowsy stats, I thought he'd be better than he actually is)
Ninetails (good range of attack types)
Lotoad (can't get an effing water stone to evolve him!)

It's not particularly well-balanced and, aside from Tyranitar, none of them are good enough to be competitive. It's getting me through the campaign without any trouble though :)

sscott

Post by sscott » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:54 pm

Life is strange, got me hooked at the moment! Square Enix game that was under the radar last year