What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

theantmeister

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by theantmeister » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:36 pm

gman72 wrote:pc gaming for the win.
Heh, between having spent the past few hours trying to get an MT-32 working in DOS and faffing about with the Steam Link, I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:21 pm

I've been playing Devil's Third on WiiU gamepad while the Mrs watches Xmas TV, scoffs chocolates, glugs Honey JD and exclaims to the room that xmas TV is very underwhelming this year. I'm enjoying Devil's Third though. :D
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:48 pm

A mix of Shovel Knight on WiiU and Blazblue CP Extend on PS3 for me :D

Montytom

Post by Montytom » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:51 pm

Just completed wonderboy 3 monster lare on the megadrive.
Great game

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:33 pm

More Giana Sisters on the PS4. Its really clicked for me now, the later levels are very cleverly designed and incredibly fun to play. The extra modes are all a blast to play as well. It'll still take me a while to get all the trophies for the game, but I'm really glad I gave this a second (or third?) chance!

I've also been playing more Destiny. I love the Sparrow Racing, managed to get some half decent gear from it now. I only wish there was more content to this mode, as its so much fun. Next to Drive Club its probably my favourite racing game of 2015 :lol:
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:01 am

Until Dawn - Wow, just wow. It's a nigh on perfect parody of every slasher film ever! I'm up to chapter 6 and so far I've at one very messy death, and another character MIA. The totem mechanic is absolute genius, offering brief glimpses of future possible outcomes. It doesn't provide enough to make a certain prediction and winds up cranking up the tension even more! (seeing a character fall to his death, then walking across a ledge...riiiiight...)

Battlefront - Put about 4-5 hours into the online mode. It's good but I don't see it holding my attention very long, it's a pretty shallow experience and most of the game modes are a bit dull.

van

Post by van » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:37 am

I am still grinding through Sega CD "Vay" and I am working on Jedi Academy for XBOX (again!)

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:21 am

playing through giana sisters twisted dreams again and same thing with gta san anrdreas apart from that i'm dipping in and out of games that dont have a campain or carrer mode that can just ber enjoyed either in small bursts or suck you in for hours of fun
This guy are sick

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:37 am

I'm trying to play Xenoblade Chronicles X on the Wii U... Boy is it frustrating. As a JRPG newb, I feel out of my depth!
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:42 am

Maiden of the Dark water what a brilliantly scary game on Mission 13 now but still not came across Ayane yet even though the accompanying Art Book shows her.. Other thenl some really unfair parts such as the chase scene with a ghost who 1 hit kills you its a awesome game..

Edit I did the main game but now you play Ayane in the second chapter
Last edited by Shinobi on Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:40 pm

A bit of Motorhead on Amiga, a crap rather shallow game

Burning rangers first level
Both on teh youtube

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:56 pm

Rayne wrote:
Battlefront - Put about 4-5 hours into the online mode. It's good but I don't see it holding my attention very long, it's a pretty shallow experience and most of the game modes are a bit dull.
Unfortunately that's my take on it as well. Looks and sounds amazing and is a blast to play but it just got a tad too boring to quick for me... I really need to give it another try when I have the chance.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:25 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
Rayne wrote:
Unfortunately that's my take on it as well. Looks and sounds amazing and is a blast to play but it just got a tad too boring to quick for me... I really need to give it another try when I have the chance.
I'll give it another solid play over the weekend but right not it feels like it'll only be played now and then. The local modes are fun at least, so I'll be keeping it for that :)

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:41 am

Finished Alien Isolation. Meh.

And Gauntlet on the PS4. Awful.

The guys that made it also made Magicka (terrible) and Helldivers (the most overrated digital game since Castle Crashers). It's like they are unable to judge whether or not something is fun or not. I really want to sit them down in a room and make them play around stage 35 of Endless mode and ask them if they are really having any fun at all. I've played all these games in co-op (which usually makes things fun) and nobody had a good time with them.

Doing Alien Isolation was part of my festive plan to clear my pile of shame. I'm going to finish off Shadow Warrior next. Didn't rate that one much either but I'm hoping I'm not far from the end as it felt like I played it forever.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:17 am

^ Interesting, I've been playing a lot of Helldivers recently and I think it's absolutely brilliant. Easily one of the best co-op games I've played in ages.