What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Rayne

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by Rayne » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:08 am

Booted up Robotech: Battlecry yesterday and it holds up surprisingly well. I may even get past the third mission this time! Can't wait to play some local multi-player.

Seadog74

Post by Seadog74 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:22 am

Pinball Dreams on the Amiga. Always trying to beat them scores.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:53 pm

More Splatterhouse

I pulled a dog like demons guts out of its arse

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:53 pm

Disney Infinity - I've now finished all three playsets included in the starter pack and enjoyed them thoroughly. Now I'm looking at extended playtime creating stuff in the Toybox :)

Digimon Battle Arena (360) - This game is pretty much what I expected it to be, a low-budget smash bros with the Digimon license. It's totally playable and really good fun :D

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:04 pm

Up to the Mermaid boss in Rule of Rose. Died twice thus far despite having a fair amount of health restoratives to use. Kept on bashing her with the pipe but she doesn't seem to want to keel over yet. Pretty messed up boss if you ask me! No idea what is going on...

Also played a bit more Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days for the DS and it's really gotten me back into the series. I'll definitely have to pick up the games I'm missing from the series while I'm in the mood :)
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:33 pm

More Diablo 3. Now on Paragon 6, just about managing to scrape by on T1. I can't see myself doing this for every class, it's a bit of a slog.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:42 pm

Megamixer wrote:Up to the Mermaid boss in Rule of Rose. Died twice thus far despite having a fair amount of health restoratives to use. Kept on bashing her with the pipe but she doesn't seem to want to keel over yet. Pretty messed up boss if you ask me! No idea what is going on...

Also played a bit more Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days for the DS and it's really gotten me back into the series. I'll definitely have to pick up the games I'm missing from the series while I'm in the mood :)
The Mermaid boss goes on forever, its just a matter of timing your attacks well. And yes, its a messed up boss battle for sure.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:48 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
Megamixer wrote:Up to the Mermaid boss in Rule of Rose. Died twice thus far despite having a fair amount of health restoratives to use. Kept on bashing her with the pipe but she doesn't seem to want to keel over yet. Pretty messed up boss if you ask me! No idea what is going on...

The Mermaid boss goes on forever, its just a matter of timing your attacks well. And yes, its a messed up boss battle for sure.
I suspected as much :) . This game is unlike most other things in the horror genre so I've already commited to beating it just to see what happens next.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

JamesC

Post by JamesC » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:14 pm

I picked up Mario Golf World Tour in Sainsburys for £15 today. I've been playing it all afternoon and, I have to say, I'm really impressed. It's a really fun and accessible game but it looks like there's quite a bit of depth with a good variety of modes.

rtrgrl78

Post by rtrgrl78 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:26 pm

Bioshock Infinite - for the PS 3, I had a got it as a free game when I had the PSP Plus subscription. Forgot about it, well thought I wouldn't be playing it for some time and this was last year. Went in Tesco, near work a few months and bought the game; was pleasantly surprised that I could take off from the original download and now I am more into the game play. Got to say, visually stunning on the PS 3 and now getting used to the dynamics of the game, keen to play the other two at some point now, always I am picking up the trilogy games with the last one first.

dste

Post by dste » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:48 pm

Flower, Sun and Rain on DS.

Pretty slow going at the moment but have only done 8% of it so shall stick with it and see how it goes.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:04 pm

Digimon: All-Star Rumble - Well I've put about 6 hours into the game and now I've got all of the characters unlocked! The story mode is very old-school challenging and the multi-player is excellent. The achievements look like one hell of a grind through, this'll be a game that'll be on my list for a while.

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:00 am

rtrgrl78 wrote:Got to say, visually stunning on the PS 3 and now getting used to the dynamics of the game, keen to play the other two at some point now, always I am picking up the trilogy games with the last one first.
Yeah, I love the style of the Bioshock games. I've yet to play the third one though. You're in for a treat with Bioshock 1 & 2. Rapture must rank as one of my favourite settings for a game.

Still playing Wolfenstein: The old blood. It's ok - I just wish it was more "open" like Doom. Blaskowitz is so slow and dies far too easily and the scenery is so cluttered - I keep getting stuck on scenery.

binaryRooster

Post by binaryRooster » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:13 am

Metroid Fusion. I got in with a bunch of games Nintendo gave out free on the 3DS but i can't remember why - maybe to compensate for a price cut? I'd played it on the GBA many years ago but dropped it near the end. What a game! Controls are spot on, graphics are great and the sound is nice and moody. It's an added bonus playing it on the XL screen.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:32 pm

Started Time and Eternity for PS3. I can see what they were trying to do with this by advertising everything has "hand drawn" and animated but the reality isn't quite as impressive. The characters are indeed nicely animated in the field but you can blatantly see that the background is moving independently so it sorta ruins the illusion of being in a fully animated world. The battle look really nice though. The cutscenes/animated characters also have quite poor lip syncing to go with the English dub! Overall it's not very exciting so far and the dialogue is really crap but I'm interested enough to give it more time.

Also finally beat the Mermaid boss in Rule of Rose but I lost a load of progress in the next section by getting trapped in a jam of enemies in a narrow corridor and beaten to death :evil: . Will have to cool down before I pick up from the last save point...