What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

DPrinny

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by DPrinny » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:47 pm

WWE 13 - GLITCH A RAMA!!
Street fighter zero against some one, im ether very good as this of he wasn't really that good, I just kept letting the CPU choose my player and winning

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:28 pm

David wrote:modern warfare 3

the last call of duty game I played properly was cod2 when box 360/was released

wow. I know its mostly linear set pieces, but its bloody impressive
Yup! I recently played through this and really enjoyed it. Treat it like the Friday Night blockbuster action movie it's designed to be and it's a real riot.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:11 am

Took a short break with Super Meat Boy to start playing 1001 Spikes on the Vita. So that's going from a bastard hard platformer to another bastard hard platformer. Its excellent though, I remember playing it originally on the Xbox 360 indie store and writing it off due to the hard to see obstacles. I still believe said obstacles can be a bit hard to see, and its got some aspects of trial and error but its still a fine platformer that I'm really enjoying. Once again, its a perfect fit for the Vita.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

skodathegreat

Post by skodathegreat » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:40 pm

Final Fantasy IX. What a fantastic game, sunk 5 hours into it yesterday evening and barely even started.

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:56 am

Battletoads via Rare Replay. I don't get what the fuss is all about, I've just finished level 2 and it's pretty easy so far. Sure I'll have it wrapped up in a few hours....................

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:02 pm

Negative Creep wrote:Battletoads via Rare Replay. I don't get what the fuss is all about, I've just finished level 2 and it's pretty easy so far. Sure I'll have it wrapped up in a few hours....................
:lol: wait for it...the god-damned mouse with bombs. It's impossible. Absolutely impossible.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:42 pm

Negative Creep wrote:Battletoads via Rare Replay. I don't get what the fuss is all about, I've just finished level 2 and it's pretty easy so far. Sure I'll have it wrapped up in a few hours....................
The 'Turbo Tunnel' looks hard from what I've seen. Watched some videos on Cinemassacre of 'Bootsy' beating the game and some of the later levels look hellish.

Myself, still hammering HotD Overkill Extended Cut on the PS3. The one game where cutscenes never get boring :lol: . High score chasing is also quite addictive.

Also up to the final boss in Luminous Arc 2 so I'll see how that is when I next have a go.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:16 pm

Rayne wrote:
:lol: wait for it...the god-damned mouse with bombs. It's impossible. Absolutely impossible.
Not impossible, just insanely difficult. The pentultimate level is actually harder if you can believe that! I still finished it thanks to the features Rare Replay collection gives you. Not really in a hurry to play it again though, its fun in places, but badly designed in others.

Anyway, I'm soldiering on with Super Meat Boy on the Vita. Up to Hell (dark mode) and I've managed to get almost all the collectables so far. A couple of the recent dark levels have been nuts, but the fact that they are perfectly possible and I just need to be more patient and precise keeps me playing. I forsee not getting the "no death" trophies for the dark worlds beyond the second world though, I don't think I have that much focus to learn those levels back to back perfectly!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:06 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYou know what its not the worst Atari game in my collection

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:21 pm

Moved onto Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days on the DS. Loads of tutorials so far but not necessarily a negative since it's been ages since I played a KH game so a refresher is no deal-breaker. The in-game graphics and CG are really something special for a DS game though, another example of Square getting the most from the hardware.

Gonna have to look up the plot for the series though as I can't remember what was happening and the chronology jumps all over the place with these games.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

n1nty

Post by n1nty » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:16 pm

Powerstone for me , a true classic :)

Timothy Redux

Post by Timothy Redux » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:16 pm

pratty wrote:Resident Evil 4 (Wii)

Finally got around to trying the Wii version, controls took a bit of getting used to but I seem to be good now. Pointing to aim makes the shooting very slick but why isn't the B-trigger shoot? :?

Looking forward to trying the extra content the GC version didn't have, in the mood for a bit of Mercenaries again too once I've unlocked it.
i played it thru again when I used my Wii - thought it was better than the GC version - like an idiot I unlocked the extra content and never played it.
The Artist Formerly Known as Timothy Lumsden...

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:06 pm

Splatterhouse the new one

RIP AND TEAR!!!

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:27 am

Wolfenstein the old blood. There's a lot less gunplay in it than I was expecting. I presume I do actually get a gun at some point?

ArchaicKoala

Post by ArchaicKoala » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:06 am

I'm still working my way through Rayman Legends on the Wii U.
It's one of those games that I regret not picking up sooner, I should have picked up a copy when I purchased my Wii U as I'm finding it a lot more fun than New Super Mario Wii U was. I'd go as far as to say it is the best 2D style platformer on the console and second best platformer overall, only beaten by Mario 3D World