What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Sel Feena

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by Sel Feena » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:35 am

^I wonder if that's because big Devs somehow feel compelled to always go large? It seems like Sandboxes for example are currently the big thing, but that only works if there's enough fun/interesting things to do. Maybe there's also a preconception from lots of gamers that short games are just not as good (pricing comes into play here too)?

It's a shame because short experiences, maybe even without replayability, are still worthwhile. I'll probably not touch Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day ever again, but I'd still recommend it.

Still on the Metal Gear, loving how it's possible to spend ages on each mission just scoping things out and marking everyone. D-Dog is awesome help if you're trying to go full stealth. :)

SpockIOM

Post by SpockIOM » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:06 am

Punch Out on Wii. Finally got round to getting it and I'm glad I did. I'm a bit stuck at Great Tiger at the moment but I'm sure I'll get by eventually!
Yours sincerely, the little voice in your head that talks when you read.

Slackdog

Post by Slackdog » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:28 pm

Currently Half Life 2 Update - though got a shed load of games to get through - gaming on linux never been so good!
What was more amazing to me was the challenge of making it work on the less capable Commodore 64. It was a real nightmare implementation, but I did it. - Archer Maclean

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:36 am

Nothing else other than Luminous Arc 2 for the DS at the moment. I really enjoyed the original but this one has a magnetic hold on me! Strange really because as far as tactical RPG's go, it does nothing overly unique or complex but for some reason I'm absolutely loving it :)
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:10 am

I converted Parasite Eve 1 & 2, Pandamonium 1 & 2 and Asuka 120 to my PS Slim.. Never heard of Asuka looked good from the stills it's a 2d Street Fighter clone with mostly schoolgirls with un feasibly big eyes there is few male characters looks and plays really good considering the PS1 ca't do 2d very well
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:56 am

Shinobi wrote:I converted Parasite Eve 1 & 2, Pandamonium 1 & 2 and Asuka 120 to my PS Slim.. Never heard of Asuka looked good from the stills it's a 2d Street Fighter clone with mostly schoolgirls with un feasibly big eyes there is few male characters looks and plays really good considering the PS1 ca't do 2d very well
I've had my eye on Asuka 120% Burning Fest for a while now. Want to get a Saturn copy at some point. Might start hunting for some fighters again soon. Lots like that, Rabbit, Fuun Saiki Suiko Enbu and Marvel Super Heroes I still want

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:16 pm

Black Ridge wrote:
Shinobi wrote:I converted Parasite Eve 1 & 2, Pandamonium 1 & 2 and Asuka 120 to my PS Slim.. Never heard of Asuka looked good from the stills it's a 2d Street Fighter clone with mostly schoolgirls with un feasibly big eyes there is few male characters looks and plays really good considering the PS1 ca't do 2d very well
I've had my eye on Asuka 120% Burning Fest for a while now. Want to get a Saturn copy at some point. Might start hunting for some fighters again soon. Lots like that, Rabbit, Fuun Saiki Suiko Enbu and Marvel Super Heroes I still want
Do you have a PSP as I can send you Asuka I also have a converted Neo Geo rom set with the 2d fighters? Playing it more it's a total Street Fighter rip off one of the females even says "spinning bird kick".. I hear the PS1 X Men conversion is terrible can't be worse then PS1 Twin Goddess and I paid money for that..

I was playing Asuka a bit in work but the girlted to me asked me to turn the sound down as it was driving her mad ha!! Does seem really good what I played of it easy to chain special and super moves and a novice can get some big combos

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:22 pm

Playing some more Phantom Pain finally beat Kid Psycho Mantis, Skull Face and that Giant Robot.. Stressed the hell out of me, and gave me a killer Migraine to the point I had to cancel going out with friends tonight as my head is still pounding.. What a crap night stuck in and still have a killer headache as I write this at least I 'S' ranked the mission

I hate my life!

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:03 am

Getting to grips with Guilty Gear Xrd, really enjoying Bedman alongside May. But no Baiken, Jam or Bridget is a downer. Was also stupid enough to have bought the EU version, so no Leo or Elphelt for the foreseeable either! Pull your finger out, ArcSys! :evil:

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:54 am

Sel Feena wrote:Getting to grips with Guilty Gear Xrd, really enjoying Bedman alongside May. But no Baiken, Jam or Bridget is a downer. Was also stupid enough to have bought the EU version, so no Leo or Elphelt for the foreseeable either! Pull your finger out, ArcSys! :evil:
Elphet she's the bird in the wedding dress with hearts and rabbit ears? I bought the U.S. Version and had dlc for 2 characters and that bunny girl was one of them.. The Euro version isn't complete then missing characters?

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:30 am

^That's the one, aye. Yeah, EU version is missing the DLC, disappointing. But this is ArcSys, I'm sure there'll be another version of the game out sooner or later. :lol:

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:31 am

Sel Feena wrote:^That's the one, aye. Yeah, EU version is missing the DLC, disappointing. But this is ArcSys, I'm sure there'll be another version of the game out sooner or later. :lol:
Jam and Johnny are in the next release next year, didn't realise the EU version got screwed out of DLC. Glad I imported the USA version in that case!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:16 pm

Sel Feena wrote:^That's the one, aye. Yeah, EU version is missing the DLC, disappointing. But this is ArcSys, I'm sure there'll be another version of the game out sooner or later. :lol:
Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator I think the next version is called :)
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:20 pm

Just had a look on YouTube, excellent stuff. Jam is one of my faves along with May. :)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xEuB02p3a5c

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:29 am

Dynasty Warriors Gundam. After 36 hours I finally beat every single story, completed over 100 missions and unlocked everything in the gallery. Thought I was done only to see one last achievement for shooting down 100,000 enemies. Checked my stats and, after 36 hours of play, I just brushed past 56,000 :|