What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

JamesC

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by JamesC » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:11 am

Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition

Fantastic game, great characters, great Kung fu!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:39 am

More Borderlands 2
The Mechromancer class is a ton of fun
JamesC wrote:Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition

Potentially one of the best games of recent times

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:46 am

After reading the article in Retro Gamer, I was having a go at Arkanoid 2 on the Amstrad. Bloody hell that games hard. I think the developers knew it though, I didn't even finish the first level after half an hour but was still second on the high score table.

sscott

Post by sscott » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:15 pm

Have found the awesome Jetpac still perfectly playable on Rare Replay, some of the earlier titles less so!

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:25 pm

I'm playing Deus Ex Human Revolution, it's been a few years and I'm pleasantly surprised! I'd almost forgotten how good a game it is!

Right now I'm trying for a perfect playthrough - hard difficulty, no kills, no detection. So far it's pretty easy, just reached China.

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:28 am

Rayne wrote:I'm playing Deus Ex Human Revolution, it's been a few years and I'm pleasantly surprised! I'd almost forgotten how good a game it is!

Right now I'm trying for a perfect playthrough - hard difficulty, no kills, no detection. So far it's pretty easy, just reached China.
Yeah, I just played through it for the first time and I was pleasantly surprised. Definitely looking forward to the new one!

I'm still playing LEGO Jurassic World. Just got to the Jurassic World bit now. It's pretty much yer basic LEGO game. I am considering going through it in Free Play mode once I've finished the story. We'll see.

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:54 am

JamesC wrote:Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition

It's awesome isn't it? It's close to a GTA-beater for me.

By the way, I just bothered phoning a couple of the contacts in my phone, and a load more side missions opened up. It's worth going on a few dates.....

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:25 pm

Lots of Irons in the fire:

Geometry Wars - Vita
Dark Souls 2 - Ps3
Drive Club - Ps4
Duke Nukem - Vita

mrmessy

Post by mrmessy » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:45 pm

This week in mrmessy's game garage we played:
Metal Slug 2 ...on an Xbox.
It was good fun but it does slow down a bit.
'79:Micro5500> '83:Spec(48K)> '84:Spec+(kit)> '86:Spec128> '88:ST> '90:A500> '93:A1200> '93:SNES> '95:PS1> '99:PC> '02:PS2> '05:Xbox> '12:X360> '14:PS4... XboxLive:messy73, PSN:mrmessy73, YouTube:mrmessyschannel

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:20 pm

Treguard wrote:After reading the article in Retro Gamer, I was having a go at Arkanoid 2 on the Amstrad. Bloody hell that games hard. I think the developers knew it though, I didn't even finish the first level after half an hour but was still second on the high score table.
If you enjoyed it, you should give Snoball in Hell a try too, good fun but another toughie.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:11 pm

I'm currently glued to the Challenge mode on Megaman Legacy Collection. Its a great inclusion for someone like me who wanted a new challenge. I've never really speed run stages before so this has been a whole new experience for me. Well worth the purchase for this mode alone in my opinion, It'll keep me playing for a very long time!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

oli_lar

Post by oli_lar » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:21 pm

Finished Pokemon Heart Gold. Well almost - put it down when I saw Red's were around lvl 90. Probably could do him with the masses of revives, sacred ashes etc I had collected but that feels like cheating, plus I'd need to go back and change my party given 2 of them were low level 'utility' pokemon and a lvl 30 pupitar (tyranitar was always my fave in original Gold).

Just ordered Pokemon Black now. Might get GTA V for PC in the meantime, I've not really played anything to tax the AMD R9 280 I bought 6 months ago except modded Skyrim.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:49 pm

Cross Edge (PS3) - really boring opening scenes/dialogue and then I got absolutely mauled by the first couple of random encounters. Getting ripped to shreds by a few wolves and hornets then getting game over before even making the first save is not really that fun. I know people said this game was bad but surely they got past the opening battles? I'm playing in 'normal'. I love a good crossover and I like the characters in this game but even having Morrigan as one of the first party members hasn't made me enjoy what little I've played so far.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

ArchaicKoala

Post by ArchaicKoala » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:07 am

Just started on Darksiders 2 on the Wii U.

So far I'm enjoying it although I can see why so many people refer to it as a zelda-esq title though but to me that's definitely not a bad thing

gman72

Post by gman72 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:19 am

ShadowMan wrote:I'm currently glued to the Challenge mode on Megaman Legacy Collection. Its a great inclusion for someone like me who wanted a new challenge. I've never really speed run stages before so this has been a whole new experience for me. Well worth the purchase for this mode alone in my opinion, It'll keep me playing for a very long time!
I would love to see those piccies of your Mega-Man collection once again.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD