What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Sel Feena

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by Sel Feena » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:50 pm

Seen enough of FF14 to go ahead and sub, it's a pretty relaxing game to just muck about in. Was going to try ESO as well, but seriously worried it'll feel lightweight compared to Skyrim etc.

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:15 pm

Sel Feena wrote:Seen enough of FF14 to go ahead and sub, it's a pretty relaxing game to just muck about in. Was going to try ESO as well, but seriously worried it'll feel lightweight compared to Skyrim etc.
Nice. I started up again last month. Put a lot of time in the first few weeks but i keep coming back to it for casual play. What server/character race/class you go for you go for?

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:06 pm

^ I'm on Shiva, Lalafell CNJ. Healing randos on my way to and from quests is strangely entertaining.

Slackdog

Post by Slackdog » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:27 pm

Just kicking off the linux port of shadows of mordor - though gonna play the atari 8-bit version of Elite next...
What was more amazing to me was the challenge of making it work on the less capable Commodore 64. It was a real nightmare implementation, but I did it. - Archer Maclean

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:00 pm

I've been putting all my game time into Yu-Gi-Oh Legacy of the Duelist. The online mode is surprisingly popular and the campaign is really extensive!

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:11 am

Unlocked Duties in FF14, addictive and good fun, but right now they're horribly simple. It would be nice to see some later that do require good teamwork

New stage dropped in DOA5LR, and it's pretty good too. I guess it's a nice tie-in to the DOAX3 announcement.

snesfanboy

Post by snesfanboy » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:40 pm

alternating my time between Elder Scrolls Online and Guacamelee for PS4 (the latter is a surprisingly great Metroidvania), Yoshi's Woolly World for Wii U (to collect all items in every level is quite devious) and Demon Gaze for Vita

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:43 pm

Sel Feena wrote:Unlocked Duties in FF14, addictive and good fun, but right now they're horribly simple. It would be nice to see some later that do require good teamwork
The opening duties are just a taster of what is to come. I'm a level 32 CNJ Lalafell and I have to be on the ball at all times in some of the dungeons I'm now doing. If a tank fails to get all the aggro and everyone is losing health it can be really tense at times. I've just got a Unicorn mount which is great to speed up trekking across the maps.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:43 pm

Great to hear. :) Even in the simple ones I'm doing, if all the party just decide to play at being a tank, it turns into healing whack-a-mole. I was wondering about mounts, right now I'm relying on the Teleport spell to hop about.

leefishuk

Post by leefishuk » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:38 am

Diablo 3 (again).
Toejam and Earl (again).

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:31 pm

Been playing a lot of Rainbow Moon (Vita) whilst i've been on my hols. Love it. 43 hours in and i'm still only level 17 :lol: (I did start out on 'adventuresome' though, which essentially means you start with nothing. Not a bean!) Don't think i've made that much headway on the main quest but i've been happily completing every side quest along the way which has helped my characters somewhat. Gameplay has got a little deeper now that i've got the smithy and a bit of money to open up new skills. The battles are all relatively short which is unusual for a turnbased strategy game but it suits me down to the ground.

Wouldn't imagine this is everyone's cup of tea for a minute but i'm loving the grind. Many hours of fun still to be had from this, i reckon. Got my eye on that 100 hour trophy already :)
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

necronom

Post by necronom » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:50 pm

nokgod wrote:Been playing a lot of Rainbow Moon...
About 2 minutes ago I saw a new story about Rainbow Moon and the sequel, Rainbow Skies being released for the PS4 next year. It's a game I never see mentioned, then two turn up at once!

Anyway, Rainbow Moon is a totally fantastic game that I spent over 200 hours on, and even when I finished everything I could possibly do (apart from killing one monster in one room), I still spent ages getting better stuff until I could kill this one level 999 bastard.

It looks gorgeous, and has some great music, too.
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:18 am

Started playing as a Techromancer on Boarderlands 2 last night

WHY FIGHT WHEN I CAN SUMMON SOMETHING TO FIGHT FOR ME??

ALK

Post by ALK » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:27 pm

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D- After owning Smash Bros 3DS on 9.0 (THNAK YOU ROY) thus beating all the challenges, I returned to sink more hours in this, having beaten the Wii version earlier this year. Off to the snowy mountains now...
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:36 am

Decided to load up King's Quest - Quest for the crown. It has been an age since I played this game and I seem to have completely forgotten what to do. The text parser interface seems to suggest I have forgotten how to spell as well...

Tandy sound (via Dosbox, I wish I had a real one...) is so much better than PC speaker!