What are you currently playing?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

theantmeister

Re: What are you currently playing?

Post by theantmeister » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:28 am

Rayne wrote:I really enjoy the feeling of freedom on the original Crysis. Crysis 2 felt too constricted, too scripted and had an absolute let-down of a finale (I literally walked past the last 'challenge').
:lol: yeah, I did too!

As for the freedom in Crysis, agreed, taking on those villages full of Koreans was fun, but that only really applied to the first half of the game. Once you get to the half way point, it becomes very scripted and linear.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:36 pm

Dragonball revenge of king Picclo
A kinda scrolling beat-em-up thats kinda fun

The tournament mode on the other hand is boring
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:35 pm

Ryu Ga Gotoku Zero (Yakuza Zero). Finally started up my import copy and taking it nice and slow (I really want to soak up the atmosphere in this one). I'm still fairly early on in chapter 1, I've just learned the rushing (boxing) style which is pretty awesome. Its weird exploring the same city from the main games except that its 1988 so some shops don't exist at all yet, some areas are completely different, some shops are designed differently (the Sega arcades) and other little touches here and there (the table top arcade games in the cafe is a really nice touch).
Combat manages to be familiar and yet pretty different at the same time, the cut scenes are just as insanely detailed as always.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:31 am

theantmeister wrote:
Rayne wrote:I really enjoy the feeling of freedom on the original Crysis. Crysis 2 felt too constricted, too scripted and had an absolute let-down of a finale (I literally walked past the last 'challenge').
:lol: yeah, I did too!

As for the freedom in Crysis, agreed, taking on those villages full of Koreans was fun, but that only really applied to the first half of the game. Once you get to the half way point, it becomes very scripted and linear.
Valid point! I liked the surprise ambush by the cloaked enemies, the scripted underwater cave sequence was kind of fun too. I also have Crysis 3 waiting on my HDD so I might just give that a whirl instead.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:24 pm

Seem to be stuck on the same few games at the moment. Attempting to at least get all silver medals in PGR2 (I have a few golds and platinums but some are so tough to achieve that they are un-enjoyable to chase!) before I call it a day and also grinding in Valkyria Chronicles II which unfortunately has one of the worst and most random ways of earning specific credits in order to promote units to the next tier. I keep telling myself to just bugger it and try to make the game's end with what I currently have but for some reason I'm addicted to perfecting my squad :?
Rayne wrote:Taking a break from my 360 I've spent most of my game time on my Vita diving between various pick up and play titles (Dynasty Warriors, Everybody's Golf, Senran Kagurra & Project Diva)
I just read somewhere that DoA 5: Last Round has incoming DLC that adds 'destructible' Senran Kagura outfits for the female characters :shock:
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:28 pm

Megamixer wrote:I just read somewhere that DoA 5: Last Round has incoming DLC that adds 'destructible' Senran Kagura outfits for the female characters :shock:
Awesome :D

I started out on Megaman X4, delighted to find I can immediately start as Zero. So far I've attempted the Jungle, Military Train and Marine Base and I haven't managed to beat any of them :(

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:46 pm

Rayne wrote:
Megamixer wrote:I just read somewhere that DoA 5: Last Round has incoming DLC that adds 'destructible' Senran Kagura outfits for the female characters :shock:
Awesome :D

I started out on Megaman X4, delighted to find I can immediately start as Zero. So far I've attempted the Jungle, Military Train and Marine Base and I haven't managed to beat any of them :(
Marine Base sucks, its easily the most annoying level in the game as I think its poorly designed unless you know exactly what your doing. Frost Walrus is fairly straight forward so I'd recommend giving him a try.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:02 am

still working through Dark Souls 2

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:02 pm

gave WWE 13 Wii another go.

I think ive ran into a game breaking bug,I spent half an hour beating the smeg out of Undertaker/Foley in Attitude mode, loads of finishers, loads of high impact moves, loads of pins every time they kicked out at 2, this match was as one sided as it got, some how Taker gets a "F" hits me with it and gets the 3 count

THIS IS THE SECOND MATCH IN THE MODE!!
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:45 pm

Hour and a half commute to work in the morning, each way, so fired up Football Manager 2015 again on the tablet. Haven't played it in ages but picked up right where I left off. Got Alfreton promoted from the Skrill North to the Skrill Premier, where after 12 or so games I'm still on top. When I started the game I put a team in League 1 (England) and replaced all the players with mates from back at school, so check in on them regularly to see how they're doing.
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:45 pm

I'm back on Bad Company 2.... 900hours in now... good value for money I think!
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

dste

Post by dste » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:49 pm

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Loving it, don't know why people whinge about it so much.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Space_turnip

Post by Space_turnip » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:18 am

Red Dog. It's....not really very good.

And Rallisport Challenge 2. Damn people talking about Xbox recently, have ended up getting hooked on it. Again. Great game.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:40 am

WWE Allstars.

Wel the Wii version is better than the PS2 version, LOADING TIMES!!!
Its glitchy in a fun way (Macho man teleporting over the top rope)
To bad the CAW is CRAP, cant select different moves?

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:45 am

PES 2015 (unsurprisingly) - managed something I don't think I've ever done before in any game, I scored with a backheel.
That and the fact that deflected shots actually go in sometimes and I can score headers means that it feels so much better this time around.

But then again, I never, ever, ever seem to be awarded any free kicks even if my player is chopped in half.