New Matthew Smith game in the works

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Nemesis

Re: New Matthew Smith game in the works

Post by Nemesis » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:37 pm

DPrinny wrote:
Antiriad2097 wrote:How is handing money to Google any better than handing money to Apple?
Android is more open source. It runs on more devices, its not used by Hipsters and its not hypnotised thousands of its users to buy the latest thing that is just the same thing with a higher number

Anyway,
Wonder what his new game is going to be?
Sorry Prin, but the Samsung Galaxy S4 will have a higher number than the S3, it's not just Apple that deal in higher numbers that punters flock to. Anyway, the big question is, will Matthew Smith actually finish writing this game?
Oh and if you want to do little social experiments on our forum don't post about them on your own you plum - Darren@Retro Gamer

Stainy

Post by Stainy » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:53 pm

BennyTheGreek wrote:he doesnt sound too well on that video....

I know he has had problems in the past, but if I saw him on the bus or in the street I would just think hobo jakey

Looking forward to the game though...jet Set Willy was utterly terrible though....

manic miner is still on of the finest platform games on the spec

Doesnt help when you got no teeth :(

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:23 pm

Nemesis wrote:
DPrinny wrote:
Antiriad2097 wrote:How is handing money to Google any better than handing money to Apple?
Android is more open source. It runs on more devices, its not used by Hipsters and its not hypnotised thousands of its users to buy the latest thing that is just the same thing with a higher number

Anyway,
Wonder what his new game is going to be?
Sorry Prin, but the Samsung Galaxy S4 will have a higher number than the S3, it's not just Apple that deal in higher numbers that punters flock to. Anyway, the big question is, will Matthew Smith actually finish writing this game?
Other Android devices are available...............

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:57 pm

Oh look.. Apple sheep on RG forum...

Anyway, is there anyone in gaming who has a higher regard after releasing one good game and one shocker?
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:57 pm

psj3809 wrote:Early days yet and the website isn't updated with much but looks like Matthew smith and elite will be creating a new iOS game. Hope it's good!

http://matthewsmithishere.com/
Great stuff and thanks for posting the heads-up. :D :D :D

Sincere apologies for having interupted the Apple hating... :roll: :lol:
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:31 pm

DPrinny wrote:
Other Android devices are available...............[/quote]
Which happens on other Android devices too, I just named one example. There are always newer versions of what's gone before, that's the Tech game for you.
Oh and if you want to do little social experiments on our forum don't post about them on your own you plum - Darren@Retro Gamer

GameOver

Post by GameOver » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:35 pm

Nemesis wrote:Haven't you heard? Apple are pure evil, selling high quality gadgetry to innocent unsuspecting consumers whilst giving developers a 70/30 split.
Before Apple came along publishers in the mobile sector gave developers a 10/90 split - the 10% went to the developer.

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:39 pm

GameOver wrote:
Nemesis wrote:Haven't you heard? Apple are pure evil, selling high quality gadgetry to innocent unsuspecting consumers whilst giving developers a 70/30 split.
Before Apple came along publishers in the mobile sector gave developers a 10/90 split - the 10% went to the developer.
Silence with such talk now! It's not trendy and it doesn't play to the moronic 'Apple is evil' hive mindset of teh internets so can not be tolerated! :evil: :lol:
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:44 pm

DPrinny wrote:
Antiriad2097 wrote:You don't like Apple because a section of their customers are idiots? You may as well stay away from gaming altogether if that's your criteria for company acceptability.
Bit like life.

On the plus side the whole "Ive got a iPhone" thing has died out
I've got a iPhone.

And an iPad.

I feel smug as fook about it too. :mrgreen:
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

GameOver

Post by GameOver » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:51 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:Silence with such talk now! It's not trendy and it doesn't play to the moronic 'Apple is evil' hive mindset of teh internets so can not be tolerated! :evil: :lol:
Oh, they're still evil alright. One good deed doesn't make up for all the others!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:58 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:
GameOver wrote:
Silence with such talk now! It's not trendy and it doesn't play to the moronic 'Apple is evil' hive mindset of teh internets so can not be tolerated! :evil: :lol:
Not as evil as EA mind you

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:59 pm

The Beans wrote:
DPrinny wrote:
Antiriad2097 wrote:You don't like Apple because a section of their customers are idiots? You may as well stay away from gaming altogether if that's your criteria for company acceptability.
Bit like life.

On the plus side the whole "Ive got a iPhone" thing has died out
I've got a iPhone.

And an iPad.

I feel smug as fook about it too. :mrgreen:
So...you have the technology equivalent of a Ford Focus?

Well done.
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:48 am

^^ oh dear, irrational hatred of a tech firm. I wonder what Apple did to you.......

Anyway,that Matthew Smith game.....

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:04 am

I take it Matt is only going to consult on the design and they're not going to trust him to stay focused and deliver a whole game? Given how unreliable he's proven to be just for interviews and events, it would seem foolish to do otherwise.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:11 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:I take it Matt is only going to consult on the design and they're not going to trust him to stay focused and deliver a whole game? Given how unreliable he's proven to be just for interviews and events, it would seem foolish to do otherwise.
I can't even see him having that much input. It's a nice bit of PR that will appeal to a certain gaming niche with maybe some extra mileage to be gained for product branding purposes, beyond that I just can't see Smith being involved in any significant way.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.