Worst game in the world, Rpund 2, Heat B

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Round 2, Heat B

Poll ended at Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:00 pm

Shaq Fu - Mega drive
12%
Green beret - C16
14%
Chase hq - C64
10%
Pit fighter - Arcade
17%
Bomb jack 2 -zx spectrum
2%
Rise of the robots - All
19%
Superman - N64
14%
Dark castle - Megadrive
12%

Total votes: 58

gman72

Re: Worst game in the world, Rpund 2, Heat B

Post by gman72 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:22 am

Spector wrote:Interestingly on the Wikipedia page it states that there is a prototype of Pit-Fighter available for the Atari 7800! Wiki says "It has crude graphics, no sound and poor collision detection." Doesn't sound like a prototype to me!
:lol:
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:03 am

So saying Pit Fighter is garbage considered cool now? I never realised that you had to do so little to be trendy these days. Some people need to get over themselves.......
Oh and if you want to do little social experiments on our forum don't post about them on your own you plum - Darren@Retro Gamer

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:14 am

The Laird wrote:Many of these people also think it's hilarious to vote for it because it somehow annoys me when I really don't give a flying fook.
Not too self-important then?
No offence there, mate, but i seriously could not care less about yours or anyone elses opinion of a particular game when it comes to forming an opinion of my own. I didn't even know of your existence when i formed my opinions of Pit Fighter back in the early 90's and the fact that you A. really like it and B. do not think it should be on this poll has absolutely zero influence over an opinion i formed years ago. Oh, and for the record I prefer Rise Of the Robots... there is not much in it but yeah, I got more play time out of Rise on the Snes than I did Pit Fighter in the arcade so please don't ever think that I reference what you think of a game before i decide what i think of a game because that is the highest form of delusion.
If some users on here do decide to hate a game because you like it then shame on them but don't count me amongst those losers please. :D
That said Pit Fighter All Formats would have been a more sensible entry than Pit Fighter on more than one format, but hey, this poll has been everything but sensible.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:39 am

Nemesis wrote:So saying Pit Fighter is garbage considered cool now? I never realised that you had to do so little to be trendy these days. Some people need to get over themselves.......
So saying a game is crap if you think it's crap but other people think it's crap but other people say it to be cool but some people don't but they aren't cool but it's not cool unless you don't like the game but if you do like the game make sure you don't?

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:51 am

Pit Fighter is a great game, I really enjoyed the arcade and Amiga versions but it is a game that most people think is sh1t.

It always features in worst game polls and it's not because people are trying to hate a highly regarded game, the truth is that most gamers just do not like it.

If people want to vote for Pit Fighter then fair enough, I fully expect to see it in the final!

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:57 am

koopa42 wrote:
Nemesis wrote:So saying Pit Fighter is garbage considered cool now? I never realised that you had to do so little to be trendy these days. Some people need to get over themselves.......
So saying a game is crap if you think it's crap but other people think it's crap but other people say it to be cool but some people don't but they aren't cool but it's not cool unless you don't like the game but if you do like the game make sure you don't?
I have no idea what you've just said! :lol:
Oh and if you want to do little social experiments on our forum don't post about them on your own you plum - Darren@Retro Gamer

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:06 pm

koopa42 wrote:
Exactly! :lol:

'Some people', eh.......
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:24 pm

I voted Shaq-Fu for the box art and the game, only played 4 of the list though... I seem to have it on the SNES and megadrive for some reason... why? :roll:

Sixteen Plus

Post by Sixteen Plus » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:08 pm

Well this sorry site has been down much of the day for me that I can only make my reply now.
Spector wrote:
clarance wrote:

NO, wait, there is an ending, and a reward screen -

[img]

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo86 ... the_end.gi

f[/img]
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!
Oh bugger. Well it's so long since I played it that I forgot about any ending. I believe I might have mixed it up with C16's Bridge Head which I don't think had an ending at all and just a press play on tape message (I'm not talking about the plus/4 version here), Hey I'm not the perfect C16 knowledgeable guy in the world (leave me alone). Either that or my copy of Green Beret was bugged (as well as my memory).

Anyway, my review if C16's Green Beret here and on Commodore16 dot com is now slightly amended :)

I must play Super Gran which I've never played. Isn't it meant to be similar to Monkey Magic though which I quite like.

clarance

Post by clarance » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:48 pm

Sixteen Plus wrote:
I must play Super Gran which I've never played. Isn't it meant to be similar to Monkey Magic though which I quite like.
That's Winnie Witch's Superbroom you're thinking of - it's not very super.

More super than SuperGran though.
Death may be your Santa Claus.

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:01 pm

gman72 wrote: Not too self-important then?
Says the person who for some reason thought I was referring to him judging by the rest of your post :roll:
gman72 wrote:No offence there, mate, but i seriously could not care less about yours or anyone elses opinion of a particular game when it comes to forming an opinion of my own. I didn't even know of your existence when i formed my opinions of Pit Fighter back in the early 90's and the fact that you A. really like it and B. do not think it should be on this poll has absolutely zero influence over an opinion i formed years ago. Oh, and for the record I prefer Rise Of the Robots... there is not much in it but yeah, I got more play time out of Rise on the Snes than I did Pit Fighter in the arcade so please don't ever think that I reference what you think of a game before i decide what i think of a game because that is the highest form of delusion.
If some users on here do decide to hate a game because you like it then shame on them but don't count me amongst those losers please. :D
gman72 wrote:That said Pit Fighter All Formats would have been a more sensible entry than Pit Fighter on more than one format, but hey, this poll has been everything but sensible.
This much is true though :wink:

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:05 pm

Spector wrote:Interestingly on the Wikipedia page it states that there is a prototype of Pit-Fighter available for the Atari 7800! Wiki says "It has crude graphics, no sound and poor collision detection." Doesn't sound like a prototype to me!
And it STILL manages to be superior the woeful Master System version which was actually finished!

Sega Master System

Atari 7800

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:44 pm

To me the graphics look better on that 7800 version.

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:48 pm

gman72 wrote:To me the graphics look better on that 7800 version.
you sure you meant that!

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:44 pm

sscott wrote:I voted Shaq-Fu for the box art and the game, only played 4 of the list though... I seem to have it on the SNES and megadrive for some reason... why? :roll:
hey if you want to get rid of the megadrive version :wink:
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !