Fallout 4

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

koopa42

Fallout 4

Post by koopa42 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:35 am

Are we there yet? :oops: What's the goss? Sure, I can play F3/NV/Skyrim all day long but it's getting to that stage where I'm hankering for some new Fallout goodness. I think Fallout 3 would be in with a shout for my 'what game could you wipe from your memory and start again afresh' thread choice.

newoldgamer

Re: Fallout 4

Post by newoldgamer » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:27 am

I'm hoping for something to pop up at this year's E3, concept art or something. Was thinking about the setting, and I don't recall a Fallout game ever being set in a big city, and that would be quite entertaining. New York? I don't really care, I just want it now!

ootini

Post by ootini » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:20 am

Yep - Even just another New Vegas style re-hash of the engine with some additional tweaks would be welcome here. Just another story set in the Fallout world would be more than welcome. Maybe set on a different country other than the US or even an Gamebryo engine adaptation of the first and/or second Fallout games?

Was toying with the Idea of starting Fallout 3 again for another play-through. Had loads of fun playing it though in different ways. Just wandering off and finding stuff by accident.

No MMORPG though please.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:29 am

New Vegas had it's strengths but it wasn't quite up there with Fallout 3 for me. The hardcore mode was exceptional though. I am always thinking about playing them both again LOL

As for 4, I remember someone posting it might be set in Boston on RP but that was last year and probably way to early to put any stock in it.

ootini

Post by ootini » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:58 am

I was talking more in terms of the way NV was not a sequel to Fallout 3 but used the same world and game engine with a few modifications. Not looking for another NV. But would prefer to see a build using a similar engine as I liked the addition of factions, Iron Sights, Crafting etc to. Also thought the Humor in NV was closer to that of the original Fallout games though the story was not great.

Fallout 3 was definitely the better designed in terms of a game. The Map seemed much more diverse, vaster and much more favorable to free roaming. I always felt that the difficulty in NV pushes the player in a much more linear direction. Especially at the start. You basically have to work your way found the map in the shape of and upside down question mark till you reached New Vegas. If you strayed of the path to far there'd be a bloody bunch Deathclaws, a swarm of Cazadores or Giant Radscorpions that would make quick work of you.

I was talking more in terms of the way NV was not a sequel to Fallout 3 but used the same world and game engine with a few modifications. Not looking for another NV. But would prefer to see a build using a similar engine as I liked the addition of factions, Iron Sights, Crafting etc to. Also thought the Humor in NV was closer to that of the original Fallout games though the story was not great.

Fallout 3 was definitely the better designed in terms of a game. The Map seemed much more diverse, vaster and much more favorable to free roaming. I always felt that the difficulty in NV pushes the player in a much more linear direction. Especially at the start. You basically have to work your way found the map in the shape of and upside down question mark till you reached New Vegas. If you strayed of the path to far there'd be a bloody bunch Deathclaws, a swarm of Cazadores or Giant Radscorpions that would make quick work of you.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:20 am

Storage compartments

Storage compartments

The what

The what

:oops:

Bobinator

Post by Bobinator » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:26 pm

Says a lot about this forum that this thread gets this many posts and Wasteland 2 doesn't. I'm just saying, guys.

...On topic, I hope that Fallout 4 takes place somewhere out of the US. Like, what happened to Britain? There'd be four more games worth of content right there!

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:31 pm

Wasteland 2? I've not heard of it but will keep an eye out, I doubt it will be up there with the likes of Fallout though

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:40 pm

Bobinator wrote:Says a lot about this forum that this thread gets this many posts and Wasteland 2 doesn't. I'm just saying, guys.
just saying that instead of complaining about it you can always make new content

and 8 replies is really a huge amount
...really
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:20 am

Man, I totally OD'd on Fallout 3 last autumn. I can hardly make myself even watch someone play without getting exceptionally bored.

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:35 am

I got about a quarter of the way into Fallout 3 and was then tempted away when Arkham Asylum was released and still haven't gone back :oops:

thebear

Post by thebear » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:48 am

If they're working on a similar scherdule to Elder Scrolls games, thopse conme out once every 5 years on average

Although of course Bethesda didn't develope New Vegas, They just published it
one of the biggest collections of classic 70's, 80'S and on wrestling and boxing around - http://www.freewebs.com/cbenee

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:02 am

Hmmmmm so at least a year by the 5 year rule then? Not so bad

thebear

Post by thebear » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:05 am

koopa42 wrote:Hmmmmm so at least a year by the 5 year rule then? Not so bad
that is of course IF they're sticking to that schedule, although with Elder Scrolls it's been 6, 4 then 5 years between the last 3
one of the biggest collections of classic 70's, 80'S and on wrestling and boxing around - http://www.freewebs.com/cbenee

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:11 am

It's a great system TBH. So far the gaps (saying I can't wait aside :oops: ) have been just about right. I think if the releases were closer together it might detract from the maximum enjoyment, for me anyway.