Injustice: Gods Among Us - DC universe fighting game

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Joey

Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - DC universe fighting game

Post by Joey » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:33 pm

Yea as all the videos so far have not had any of the HUD elements in place I'm hoping the camera isn't as wild during regular combos.

I'm also hoping for a single player story as well executed as MK9's, probably the best in a fighting game ever!

Bobinator

Post by Bobinator » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:47 am

The whole camera thing is just them trying to 'cinematic' and 'dynamic'. It won't happen in the actual game. A regular match looks more like this.

I still think this'll be the best fighting game of the year. And the next. Street Fighter can suck it. :P I said it! I ain't unsayin' it! Like, I still don't get how MK9 got such a low score compared to SF4, seriously.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:15 am

Thanks for the vid, glad to see the camera thing is just for the preview vids. I thought mk9 got great reviews? Fighting game of the year on several sites and magazines( bar GameStm who hate the series for some reason!)
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:06 pm

Demo is now up on Xbox Live (PS3 tomorrow), just under 500 meg. 3 playable characters - Batman, Wonder Woman and Lex Luthor. You can only play the arcade mode (and fight four opponents) so I've still not had much chance to really get a feel for what each character is capable of but it does seem pretty good. It sorta feels like Mortal Kombat 9 crossed with a Capcom fighter in places. Batman is really simple to pick up and play, Wonder Woman seems surprisingly decent but I'm not really feeling Lex yet, couldn't work out how to air combo with him at all (I really wish they'd have given you access to the training mode so I could get a better feel for each character.

I'm liking the environmental attacks, especially as they can be used in combo attacks (like the helicopter) plus different characters can interact with the backgrounds in different ways which was a neat touch.

Not sure if I'll grab the game at launch or not yet. I'll give the demo a few more tries and see if it clicks with me.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Joey

Post by Joey » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:30 pm

I played it a few weeks ago but forgot to post up my impressions and can't remember everything about it now lol. They did have 6 or so characters unlocked though.

The build I played was quite old and had some weird move properties like the hitbox for Batmans super being both in front and behind him and other unbalances... Nighthawk was way overpowered!

I did like that certain moves of each character can cross up and you can dash cancel (though at the expense of some meter). The stage transitions by executing a charged attack (I think it's just holding heavy attack) are a bit gimmicky and don't think they will factor in too much to normal gameplay.

I'm going to give the demo a go later, its a shame it hasn't got Harley Quinn unlocked as she's a really fun character to play.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:16 am

Yeah, I played around with the game some more yesterday night and things have begun to click more. I've gotten the hang of easy combos for each character, youtube vids already showing off some pretty slick combos! Plus it seems you really can combo into environmental attacks as well which is really neat.

imaxeroker85

Post by imaxeroker85 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:02 am

I played the demo last night and i was'nt impressed. Like its been said it has heaps of element of Mortal Kombat 9, just without the brutality of the MK reboot.

I cannot believe that this is going to be released at full price, it feels like a Download only game. This is the kind of thing that closes studios. They went with a huge gamble on this considering how MK vs DC flopped. I know MK9 was a success, but that was a success for reasons, that cannot be implemented into Injustice.

Only thing different and interesting about it was the environment attacks, I actually woke up when i got flung into a Helicopter.

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:29 pm

its not very good

Roo

Post by Roo » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:34 am

Downloaded the demo onto my 360 last night, and though I'm well aware that the demo doesn't truly represent the final release day product, there was nothing that suggested to me that this will be much good. Sort of disappointed, truth be told.

Nonetheless, if you're interested in this, perhaps The Hut is the place to order it: they're giving you a free copy of Arkham City if you pre-order Injustice for either the PS3, 360 or Wii U:

http://www.thehut.com/games/platforms/x ... filiateWin

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:42 am

So I've been playing this a fair bit recently. I boot the game up yesterday to find all of my unlockables have disappeared, I'm back to level 1, and the worst part - in battle the analogue stick works and left trigger does (stance change). Thats it. I cannot attack, I cannot pause, I cannot dash (tapping the analogue stick twice). All the buttons work fine in the menus, and upon trying to access the control setup i cannot change the button layout. Its set to Custom 2421321542 or something like that.

I've read online that this has happened to lots of people and Netherealm appear to be ignoring the fact that the game has been made unplayable for some. I went to play a game online to find i was only able to move my character and that was it!

Someone found that deleting all Injustice files from their HDD worked and started from scratch... I dont want to do that! I've put like 40hours into this game!

First world problems of a modern day gamer. My bloody Borderlands 2 file became corrupt and now this. FML Rant over.