gta 5 has been delayed till september

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

the1980gamer

Re: gta 5 has been delayed till september

Post by the1980gamer » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:37 am

I must admit even at my age (33) I'm still exited about gta5 and I can't wait to play it.
I still play gta4 although mostly online (yes people still play this online) and I've completed the lost and the damned and the ballad of gay tony which where both a lot of fun.

Also if you get the PC version of gta4 you can mod it with custom car packs and the back to the future mods are amazing.
check out my youtube channel at, http://www.youtube.com/user/the1980gamer

Commander Jameson

Post by Commander Jameson » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:23 am

the1980gamer wrote:I must admit even at my age (33) I'm still exited about gta5 and I can't wait to play it.
Reeeeealy? 40 years old here, and I am taking the day off work to play this ALL DAY, something I haven;t done since San Andreas came out.

Now get off my lawn, kids these days! *rolls eyes

Joey

Post by Joey » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:09 pm

I want to be excited for this but I got way too hyped, then majorly let down, by 4.

I also think it's got a lot to live up to after playing and completing Saints Row 3 and Sleeping Dogs back to back. They really raise the bar in mission design/structure, atmosphere, story and general fun in open world games.

I'm confident Rockstar will take note but I won't be searching out every scrap of detail leading up to its release

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:43 am

Joey wrote:I want to be excited for this but I got way too hyped, then majorly let down, by 4.

I also think it's got a lot to live up to after playing and completing Saints Row 3 and Sleeping Dogs back to back. They really raise the bar in mission design/structure, atmosphere, story and general fun in open world games.

I'm confident Rockstar will take note but I won't be searching out every scrap of detail leading up to its release
They should 100% be looking at the combat engine from Sleeping Dogs, it's amazing!

Freestyler

Post by Freestyler » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:18 pm

Inb4 Most pirated game on PC :lol:
Freestyler: A customer that's too hard to please, complains all the time and wants everything for next to nothing.

Doddsy

Post by Doddsy » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:04 am

Just saw the trailer and it looks interesting..sort of like Michael Mann meets Martin Scorcese set in the world of a more detailed San Andreas.

The only possible problem I can see is that the world looks very detailed and this could led to frame rate problems. Maybe thats why it's been delayed but hey I'm a retrogamer and I've played Outrun on the Speccy so I can take anything...