gta 5 has been delayed till september

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

snowkatt

gta 5 has been delayed till september

Post by snowkatt » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:53 pm

http://www.gamespot.com/news/grand-thef ... 17-6403200

four months later then expected
hopefully this will mean they will actually polish the game and not dlc shenanigans
though to be fair rockstar so far has always resisted the dlc lure
their dlc's are either full expansion packs or stand alone games

the pc and wii u versions are conpsicuously absent from the lin up but according to rockstar they are up for consideration
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

AmigaJay

Re: gta 5 has been delayed till september

Post by AmigaJay » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:09 am

It never had an official date so I don't know why people are saying its delayed, game publishers say Quarter estimates all the time, doesn't mean it's due then, hardware companies have done the same and closer to the time pushed it back in the full knowledge they wouldn't hit the first date in a specific region to keep customers, its painfully obvious.
Wait until the PS4 is announced, already rumoured to be spring 2014 in Europe, but there's no way Sony will say anything about that in fear of losing customers to Nintendo or Microsoft, instead saying they launching Nov 2013, then say around late September stating its been delayed to the Spring 2014 citing problems during production when all along they knew they wouldn't have a worldwide rollout on that date.
All it's about keeping customers, they couldn't give a rats ass about them in all honesty!

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:10 am

Never understood the hype of the GTA games. Ive played most of the series and i find them boring. Red Dead Redemption however, was awesome. But then taking on the role of a cowboy in the wild west is a more enjoyable than being a scummy criminal robbing shops and sleeping with hookers.

Freestyler

Post by Freestyler » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:12 am

I gave up on GTA4 because I found it so utterly utterly boring.
Maybe I didn't play for long enough, or maybe I was playing it "wrong" but it just didn't gel with me.

I've since bought in on PC (along with all the expansions) so I'm definitely going to be giving it another try. I got the whole series in fact, via Steam! :lol:

Not fussed about GTA45 at all yet though. Maybe I'll get into it later.
Freestyler: A customer that's too hard to please, complains all the time and wants everything for next to nothing.

Joey

Post by Joey » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:09 am

Freestyler wrote:I gave up on GTA4 because I found it so utterly utterly boring.
Maybe I didn't play for long enough, or maybe I was playing it "wrong" but it just didn't gel with me.

I've since bought in on PC (along with all the expansions) so I'm definitely going to be giving it another try. I got the whole series in fact, via Steam! :lol:
I too gave up on GTA4 about 2/3 of the way through. It just became a drag with its lacklustre story and boring missions.

Honestly skip straight to The Ballad of Gay Tony DLC as its the best bit of GTA you can play so far. Funny characters and dialogue and a great variety of missions!

SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:12 am

GTA has always had ropey storylines and boring missions. That was never the point. Not to me, anyway. Smashing up a city, just for the hell of it, is what GTA did best.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:04 pm

Even the shops had all the pre-order displays out (HMV did anyway) so maybe even they were assuming it would be out in the Spring. Disappointing but I need to return to IV anyway to complete it 100% and also play the two episodes. I loved all 5 of the GTA III-style games and IV was amazing with it's realistic city and the way the cars had a more realistic way of handling so I'm looking forward to what GTA V can be.

On a related note, I recently got San Andreas out again just to mess about in cars and stuff. Hours and hours lost already!
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:41 pm

will be doing well to be better than sleeping dogs

crusto

Post by crusto » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:59 pm

If it was remake of vice city that had been delayed I would have been gutted. As for GTA 5, I won't be losing any sleep.

Eat your nans pants

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:03 pm

I really enjoyed GTA4 and the expansion missions, so have been looking forward to the release of GTA5. Having said that, I am in no really rush to play it and happy for Rockstar to release it when it is ready and not full of bugs.

necronom

Post by necronom » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:22 pm

I'm really pleased it's been delayed, as there were too many good games coming out within a month or two of each other. This will give me time to get others out of the way.
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V

che_don_john

Post by che_don_john » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:58 am

I've got this game on pre-order (did it with Tesco, which means I've already paid for it) but I'm kind of glad it's been delayed as I've just finished Skyrim and don't fancy playing any long, large, open-world games for a while yet.

I found GTA IV pretty boring (not least because the driving was so annoyingly bad), but The Ballad Of Gay Tony was excellent - it took the series back to what made it great in the first place, so I'm hoping that Rockstar learned their lesson and were reminded of what makes a game fun. Perhaps Saints Row 2 gave them a kick up the backside?
CheDonJohn's Sale/Trade/Wanted/Giveaway thread

PSN ID, XBL Gamertag and Steam: CheDonJohn
Playfire profile

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:29 am

Another vote for GTAIV being a snorefest.

Trixta

Post by Trixta » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:42 am

I also don't rate gta4 that high. it's a good game, but they tried to make it to realistic. GTA was always about driving at crazy speeds knocking down as many people as you could and visiting prostitutes when you were low on health(and killing them afterwords).
psn- jason_trixta
wii u - trixtaa
twitter - @jason_trixta

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:02 am

I didn't enjoy GTA IV as much as previous GTA games either. Not to say there were not parts of the game I didn't really like but overall the story did not grip me at all. Niko came across as an unlikeable, hypocritical whiny asshole and I just couldn't care less about his story in the end.

That said I'm still really looking forward to GTA V from what I've seen so far. The huge cityscape and surrounding countryside is what I wanted from a new GTA game (as I loved when they did a similar thing in San Andreas). Not sure about the playable characters stories just yet though, I could see it either working really well or failing terribly depending on how well the games story is written.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*