The Worst Game In The World Ever, Round 1, Heat C

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Round 1, Heat C

Pacman (A2600)
11%
Fighting Fury (Ps2)
7%
Chase HQ (C64)
18%
Flight Path 737 (Spectrum)
9%
Dragons Layer (Nes)
7%
GTA (pc)
2%
Busby the bobcat (all)
11%
Human killing machine (Atari St)
7%
Double Dragon V (Jaguar)
14%
Sprung : The dating game (ds)
14%

Total votes: 88

Kickboxingshrimp

The Worst Game In The World Ever, Round 1, Heat C

Post by Kickboxingshrimp » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:49 am

Same as usual guys :)
Stay Tuna`d

www.kickboxingshrimp.com

Xbox Live Account : KBS Dot Com

The Laird

Re: The Worst Game In The World Ever, Round 1, Heat C

Post by The Laird » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:26 am

I had to go with HKM, it's a terrible games.

Not just on the ST though, all the other versions are just as bad.

Hiro

Post by Hiro » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:20 am

Chase HQ on the C64 all the way. Horrid, monochrome, slow... :evil:

Why care about the weather
It always ends in dark

hydr0x

Post by hydr0x » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:56 am

GTA pc? Seriously... just stop this already. Having everyone nominate things is fine, but it doesn't mean you have to be an idiot when compiling the actual polls :wink:

Spector

Post by Spector » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:08 am

Chase HQ was more a duff port-over than an actual conversion, and doesn't come close to the quintessential nadir that is Hard Drivin' on the same machine. Pacman on the 2600 is hardly a disaster either; more a failure in expectations than in the product itself. It's just a mediocre version of a great game and doesn't deserve to be included. Busby The Bobcat was the front cover of Mean Machines Sega twenty years ago this month. I was in hospital at the time, and if anything, reading about this pish made me feel worse (though the lobotomy was a success), so it gets my vote.

As for Sprung: The Dating Game, I still in fact play it to this day.*

*this sentence may not be true
The Retro Gaming Discord channel. Every Sunday from 9pm- click this link:
https://discordapp.com/invite/Tphe4UH

Don't be scared: join in the chat! :)

AmigaJay

Post by AmigaJay » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:38 am

hydr0x wrote:GTA pc? Seriously... just stop this already. Having everyone nominate things is fine, but it doesn't mean you have to be an idiot when compiling the actual polls :wink:
Bit harsh...he's already stated 1000 times he's compiled the polls from people opinions, why would he take them out just because you don't like it?! Stop whining, the worst games will go through anyway.

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:30 am

It's got to be Double Dragon V on the jag, even by the woeful standards of most jag games its an abomination.

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:49 am

This is the 1st one of these that I really am having trouble deciding. Some of them I quite enjoyed & some I never played..... hmmm

Chase HQ C64 was complete pap though - so that's one vote.

EDIT:

Ok, went for the speccy flight sim. I remember 'playing' this on my mates spectrum. Horrible.
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

STranger81

Post by STranger81 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:09 am

Had to vote Bubsy The Bobcat. Remember seeing this previewed in a magazine and was so excited about it. Then when it came out I rented it from the video shop. Total let down.

Double Dragon V?? Love the SNES version. Probably in the minority but I really like it!
Xbox gamer tag: kingboo81

Kickboxingshrimp

Post by Kickboxingshrimp » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:34 am

hydr0x wrote:GTA pc? Seriously... just stop this already. Having everyone nominate things is fine, but it doesn't mean you have to be an idiot when compiling the actual polls :wink:
Lol, water off a ducks back...at least I'm not in Germany,, :wink:
Stay Tuna`d

www.kickboxingshrimp.com

Xbox Live Account : KBS Dot Com

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:53 am

Kickboxingshrimp wrote:
Lol, water off a ducks back...at least I'm not in Germany,, :wink:
ha, brilliant :D

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:36 pm

I know it was I originally nominated them but I had to go for Fighting Fury and Sprung.

Fighting Fury is just so bad as a 3D fighting game but I gave it a chance because it's the videogame version of a Japanese Manga called 'Grappler Baki' so I thought it had to be better than the usual Midas-published rubbish. How wrong I was and somehow I've owned the PAL and NTSC-J PS2 versions at separate times in the past!

Sprung is just terrible. I'm not necessarily against dating sim games in principle but awkward ones with weird characters and embarassing conversations turn me right off. Also consider that it does nothing with the DS hardware (aside from using the touchscreen to select lines of text), is massively frustrating due to the cryptic nature of progressing conversation on a 'date' and that messing up before a checkpoint means that the right choices will never appear after the checkpoint (thus rendering a scenario impossible unless reset and started again) and you have a nasty game.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:37 pm

Nt played many of these, but I have played Chase HQ on the C64 and know it's abysmal - although us Spec-chums at school loved how much better our version was!
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

adippm82

Post by adippm82 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:51 pm

Easy first choice, Flight Path 737 was an absolute insult to the Spectrum, and gaming in general, absolutely nothing worked on the game, terrible.

Second choice, I really wanted to go for Double Dragon V on Jaguar, but only ever borrowed that for a day, though that is all that was needed to know it was one of the very worst games on the machine, but I have gone for Chase HQ on the C64, I have never owned it, but used to 'play' it on a mates computer, absolute dross it was, I hate it all the more as he simply could not accept it was a considerably worse conversion than what the Spectrum got, and kept playing it in front of me, droning on how great it was, despite all evidence to the contrary.

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:13 pm

Wasnt HKM produced by the same studio that ported Street Fighter? Almost blatant as a rip off. Once gleaned 20 mins enjoyment from it so cant say its the worst.
Never played GTA on PC , only ever on PS where I once again gleaned some entertainment value for a while. Pacman on the 2600 is something Ive only ever heard tell of as ive never owned the console.
Bubsy seems to be getting a bad rap - which is a shame as its not the worst platformer or game on many systems.I can think of many worse games but they arent on the list - not to say its a great game because it certainly isnt.
Cant vouch for Chase HQ or Flight PAth either.
However I can say without much hesitation that Double Dragon V on most formats has been crap , On the jaguar it was just crappy crap crap. Still not as bad as Turtles tournament fighters or eternal champions though.

Top prize this round surely should go to Fighting Fury for being the wet bog roll of a game that it is and for being the reason that by and large it is adviseable to skip past Midas games quickly.