The worst game In the world ever, Round 1, Heat B

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Round 1, Heat B

Poll ended at Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:34 am

Football Manager World Cup Edition (Amstrad)
6%
Imhotep (C64)
11%
Highlander (Spectrum)
15%
Plumbers don't wear ties (3DO)
15%
Fifa 13 (all)
11%
Bionic granny (C64)
5%
Ace of aces (SMS)
3%
Fight for life (Jaguar)
5%
Green Beret (C16)
15%
Final Fantasy XIII (ps)
15%

Total votes: 62

Spector

Re: The worst game In the world ever, Round 1, Heat B

Post by Spector » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:33 pm

clarance wrote:Voted for Final Fantasy cus I really don't like that genre at all, so that will do.

Also Green Beret on the C16 - soo bad, it was probably knocked up one afternoon as an example of how not to make a game - never released as a full price product, although it was released on a Konami compilation (with three other almost-as-bad conversions) and a budget release. Multi-load as well, with no turbo loader, oh the humanity!
Green Beret for me too. Didn't know it was a multi-load with no turbo: docked another notch for that alone!
The Retro Gaming Discord channel. Every Sunday from 9pm- click this link:
https://discordapp.com/invite/Tphe4UH

Don't be scared: join in the chat! :)

clarance

Post by clarance » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:32 am

Spector wrote:
clarance wrote:Voted for Final Fantasy cus I really don't like that genre at all, so that will do.

Also Green Beret on the C16 - soo bad, it was probably knocked up one afternoon as an example of how not to make a game - never released as a full price product, although it was released on a Konami compilation (with three other almost-as-bad conversions) and a budget release. Multi-load as well, with no turbo loader, oh the humanity!
Green Beret for me too. Didn't know it was a multi-load with no turbo: docked another notch for that alone!
Yup, and here's the reward screen for finishing the game (courtesy of Plus/4World)

Death may be your Santa Claus.

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:00 am

I voted Imhotep and Green Beret.

Imhotep because I remember the crushing disappointment on release day, as we loaded it up in the shop. And how Spectrum owners laughed at it. Its hard to believe it was an Ultimate game.

Green Beret? awful, just awful. The C16 was a pretty cursed machine anyway, with poor conversions, but this took it to a whole new level...Who on Earth thought this was a good idea? And who at Commodore thought the C16 was a good idea whilst we are at it...
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

LAIS

Post by LAIS » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:23 am

ShadowNeku wrote:FF13 shouldn't be on here. Its only bad by Final Fantasy standards. Similarly anyone choosing Fifa 13 probably doesn't like football games to begin with.
RE: FF13 - I completely disagree. Some of the games nominated have been a technical mess, and FF13 certainly isn't - but nor should it be given the ridiculous budget they had. Given that financial context I would argue that it really does merit conclusion. The plot is about as inspiring as the lyrics in a One Direction song and the voice acting is equally dire. The game itself is probably the most tedious I've ever played. I stuck with it for as long as I could, praying it would improve, but I found you could win 90% of battles by button bashing and when you weren't doing that you were just aimlessly running through linear environments. It may look pretty, but given the paper thin plot there's no atmosphere or emotional investment in the characters you're playing.

Given the money spent making it, a game of this quality should never have been released. Of the current generation I genuinely don't think I've played a game that I've liked less. I've played some of the supposed stinkers too, such as Mindjack (which isn't as bad as is made out) and Epic Mickey 2 (which admittedly is pretty awful)

Games are supposed to be fun - I don't care if it's technically sound, if it's THAT boring I want nothing to do with it.

jb1014

Post by jb1014 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:44 am

lanky316 wrote:
Riddler wrote:Wasn't the winner of this poll buried out in a desert somewhere?
I believe so, right up until Brendan Fraser and Rachel Weisz accidentally managed to bring him back and all manner of plagues were unleashed.
You mean ET for the Atari, right?

Kickboxingshrimp

Post by Kickboxingshrimp » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:44 am

Ok idols guys, seeing as how we have a draw for 4th place, I'll keep the poll open for another half an hour, if there are no more votes, both will go through.
Stay Tuna`d

www.kickboxingshrimp.com

Xbox Live Account : KBS Dot Com

Kickboxingshrimp

Post by Kickboxingshrimp » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:36 am

And through from this round

Highlander
Plumbers don't wear ties
Green beret
Final fantasy XIII
Stay Tuna`d

www.kickboxingshrimp.com

Xbox Live Account : KBS Dot Com

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:56 am

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

IMHOTEP didn't get through :shock: :!: :?: :evil: :cry: :cry: :cry:

How could you do this to me :o
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

lanky316

Post by lanky316 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:36 am

jb1014 wrote:
lanky316 wrote:
Riddler wrote:Wasn't the winner of this poll buried out in a desert somewhere?
I believe so, right up until Brendan Fraser and Rachel Weisz accidentally managed to bring him back and all manner of plagues were unleashed.
You mean ET for the Atari, right?
No, no I do not... Unless of course the above actors have been cast in the AVGN movie, which I would think was outside its budget!