D

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Dreamer

Re: Game you looking forward to most in 2013

Post by Dreamer » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:42 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:I've seen Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is currently available to pre-purchase (digital download) for PC/Steam for only £13.50
I wish i'd have seen this earlier! (been spending way too much time with Fallout 3, Again!) as Steam currently have it priced at £17.99 :( which is still a good price, so i shouldn't complain. The PC version also has a few exclusive characters from Football Manager, Total War: Shogun and Team Fortress 2( just in case you needed another reason to holdout for the PC version :)).

Amazon have it priced at £23.06 though i'm pretty sure they had it at £19.99 a couple of weeks ago. It's also listed as a DVD release which is odd as i thought it was only being released digitally on PC?

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:52 pm

Well, from my list of games one page back....

Scrap strike suit zero from it. It is (according to Eurogamer) ferkin awful - I think the reviewer wanted to kill himself after playing it :lol:
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:07 pm

Dreamer wrote:
DreamcastRIP wrote:I've seen Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is currently available to pre-purchase (digital download) for PC/Steam for only £13.50
I wish i'd have seen this earlier! (been spending way too much time with Fallout 3, Again!) as Steam currently have it priced at £17.99 :( which is still a good price, so i shouldn't complain. The PC version also has a few exclusive characters from Football Manager, Total War: Shogun and Team Fortress 2( just in case you needed another reason to holdout for the PC version :)).
Yep, I pre-purchased the PC version at that price since having posted the above. What swung the deal was the confirmation it will feature online multiplayer (unlike its predecessor on PC). I'm not fussed about the three new characters being included and if the OutRun track from the Limited Edition console version doesn't feature then I hope it'll be available as DLC as I've heard great things about it. The price you paid is still a good price, as you rightly said. Less than a week to go now... :D
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Dreamer

Post by Dreamer » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:51 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:Yep, I pre-purchased the PC version at that price since having posted the above. What swung the deal was the confirmation it will feature online multiplayer (unlike its predecessor on PC). I'm not fussed about the three new characters being included and if the OutRun track from the Limited Edition console version doesn't feature then I hope it'll be available as DLC as I've heard great things about it. The price you paid is still a good price, as you rightly said. Less than a week to go now... :D

Yeah, it's still puzzles me why they decided to cut the online multiplayer from the PC version. I'm also not too fussed about the extra characters...well maybe the Team fortress chars (x3 if irc) mainly to checkout their vehicle designs :)

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:49 am

Dreamer wrote:
DreamcastRIP wrote:Yep, I pre-purchased the PC version at that price since having posted the above. What swung the deal was the confirmation it will feature online multiplayer (unlike its predecessor on PC). I'm not fussed about the three new characters being included and if the OutRun track from the Limited Edition console version doesn't feature then I hope it'll be available as DLC as I've heard great things about it. The price you paid is still a good price, as you rightly said. Less than a week to go now... :D

Yeah, it's still puzzles me why they decided to cut the online multiplayer from the PC version. I'm also not too fussed about the extra characters...well maybe the Team fortress chars (x3 if irc) mainly to checkout their vehicle designs :)
Here's the video trailer showing the aforementioned three characters racing in their respective vehicles albeit that the TF2 character is only shown racing a hovercraft -
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013- ... ters-on-pc
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:18 pm

markopoloman wrote:Grid 2 (PC)
Grid 2 (PC)
Grid 2 (PC)
Pikmin 3 (Wii-U)
Grid 2 (PC)
Aliens Colonial Marines (Wii-U & PC)
Grid 2 (PC)
Planetary Annihilation (PC)
Grid 2 (PC)
Plants vs Zombies 2 (PC)
Project Cars (PC) also is now coming to the Wii-U so maybe have a look at that too.....
Neverwinter (PC)
Grid 2 (PC)

And just in case you didn't know it,

GRID 2 (PC)

:D
GRID 2 slated for a May 31st release. My god, is this (PC) game looking good. :D

http://community.codemasters.com/t5/Cod ... a-p/202278

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:24 pm

and look more dlc money sucking nonsense even before the damn thing is released
hooray
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

Lil Chillbil

Post by Lil Chillbil » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:29 pm

a new castlevania game to play this haloween :D
pm me I'm always up for a multiplayer session for the following games
Gears of war 1 2 3
Call of duty 2 3 4
All of the halos
Call of duty modern warefare 2
Shadowrun

will2097

Post by will2097 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:05 am

What ever the release game is with Japanese Playstation 4. Because, and f**k-it, I'm going nuclear with the PS4 pre-release excitement. Might even fly to Tokyo, to stand in the rain, in Akhibara, to pick one up.

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:41 am

will2097 wrote:What ever the release game is with Japanese Playstation 4.
Brace yourself for more GIANT ENEMY CRABS inflicting MASSIVE DAMAGE again then -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g1fr5vk72M

... or maybe some more RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRR! -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaBUeINW_3s

:lol:

will2097

Post by will2097 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:48 am

Still, it'll be better than whatever sega release with their next console. oh no, wait... ;)

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:52 am

will2097 wrote:Still, it'll be better than whatever sega release with their next console. oh no, wait... ;)
You appear to be mistaking me for a Sega fanboy. A most amateurish attempt at trolling me, sir. :mrgreen:

will2097

Post by will2097 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:59 am

DreamcastRIP wrote:
will2097 wrote:Still, it'll be better than whatever sega release with their next console. oh no, wait... ;)
You appear to be mistaking me for a Sega fanboy. A most amateurish attempt at trolling me, sir. :mrgreen:
I was merely alluding to a fact. A fact that has been true since the Playstation 2 crushed the Dreamcast out of production. That fact, is a fact. And facts are in escapable. just the facts.

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:02 am

will2097 wrote:
DreamcastRIP wrote:
I was merely alluding to a fact. A fact that has been true since the Playstation 2 crushed the Dreamcast out of production. That fact, is a fact. And facts are in escapable. just the facts.

will2097

Post by will2097 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:03 am

Pause.

I don't follow football.

Sorry. :cry:

Edit: Playstation trounced the Saturn too.
Last edited by will2097 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.