D

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

crusto

Re: Game you looking forward to most in 2013

Post by crusto » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:15 pm

I'm hoping for a must buy Zelda title to appear on the Wii u. That way ill simply have to buy one. I would also love to invest in the GTA franchise again, if it goes back to its fun roots somewhat. And if there's a dark souls 2 coming out I would be all over that like a rash.

Eat your nans pants

Dreamer

Post by Dreamer » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:33 pm

Tomb Raider: a Survivor is Born (PC)
Sonic & All-Stars: Transformed (PC)
Aliens: Coloniel Marines (PC)

and maybe GTA V? I just seem to have tired of the GTA and Saints games lately. GTA V may pull me back in though.
DreamcastRIP wrote:Aliens: Colonial Marines (Wii U if GamePad integration is worthwhile, if gimmicky then the technically superior PC version)

Yeah, that's the first game that came to mind when i first saw the Wii U's controller. If they don't rush it i reckon it could work really well.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:47 pm

GTA, pure and simple!

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:34 am

Dreamer wrote:Sonic & All-Stars: Transformed (PC)...
DreamcastRIP wrote:Aliens: Colonial Marines (Wii U if GamePad integration is worthwhile, if gimmicky then the technically superior PC version)

Yeah, that's the first game that came to mind when i first saw the Wii U's controller. If they don't rush it i reckon it could work really well.
I've seen Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is currently available to pre-purchase (digital download) for PC/Steam for only £13.50. I'm sorely tempted to get it at that price but are trying to resist as I want the Wii U version instead. I've been informed the Wii U version comes with more content as standard than the PS360 version and presumably the PC version too. Also, I quite like the thought of its Gamepad integration of using the screen to aim/direct weapons... and being able to play it in on the Gamepad exclusively. However, the current cheapest price is a shade under £30 which I point blank refuse to pay when the PC version (digital download) has an SRP of £19.99 and the earlier released PS360 versions can now be picked up for only £14.99. Must have patience! :lol:

As for Aliens: Colonial Marines on Wii U, I just hope they don't lazily bolt-on Gamepad integration as a lazily implemented uninspired afterthought. If it's just a case of having to look down at the Gamepad screen at an inventory or radar detection screen then I'll probably snag the technically superior PC version instead. If using the Gamepad as a radar detection device like in the Aliens movies is well thought out and ably implemented then it could add significant tension to the gameplay. If it's done in a half-arsed way then it'll serve to detract from the gameplay and make the game frustrating to play relative to having the on-TV-screen radar detection device the PC/PS360 versions have.
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:07 am

Not really interested in the big blockbuster titles like GTA V, Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider etc. Gears of War Judgement looks pretty cool though, I'm more interested in these....

Phantasy Star Online 2 - I will buy a PS VIta for this!

Kingdom Under Fire 2 - Haven't heard much about this for a while. last i heard it may be PC exclusive :( KUF on the XBOX was awesome. KUF Circle of Doom however was horrible on XBOX 360

Project X Zone - this might get me playing my 3DS again if ever it comes out here :?

Bayonetta 2 - I love that Platinum are supporting the new tech but c'mon guys, i can only have so many consoles under my telly!

otherwise im looking to expand my JP & US PS2 collection... oh and actually playing some games i own

Sokurah

Post by Sokurah » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:14 am

Just two games for me;

Aliens: Colonial Marines
Tomb Raider

...nothing that hasn't already been mentioned lots of times. :roll:
Website: Tardis Remakes / Mostly remakes of Arcade and ZX Spectrum games. All freeware for PC & Mac.
Twitter: Sokurah

RetroMartin

Post by RetroMartin » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:37 pm

Battlefield 4 and GTA5 - I do hope they're doing the different covers for the boxes as there is one I really like!

PSN username - MartinPhantom

ShadowNeku

Post by ShadowNeku » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:30 pm

Black Ridge wrote:
Phantasy Star Online 2 - I will buy a PS VIta for this!
Project X Zone - this might get me playing my 3DS again if ever it comes out here :?
Completely forgot about PSO2. I would be happy to pay a subscription fee for a chance to play it!
I'm somewhat doubtful about Project X Zone ever seeing the light of day here. Way too many obscure anime characters from franchises unknown here for it to have widespread appeal.
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:31 pm

Tomb Raider interests me as well...in the past when it's been good, it's been excellent. If it's one of the mediocre ones or simply more of the same I won't bother so will wait for feedback. GTA is one I will likely buy immediately like I did with Far Cry 3

Dave300

Post by Dave300 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:10 am

It's only Bioshock Infinite that I'm interested in this year...

Nautical Rudie

Post by Nautical Rudie » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:28 am

I'm looking forward to the Deadpool game coming out
3DS Friend Code: 0130-1873-6926. Give me a shout if you add me!

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:18 am

Black Ops 2 DLC

tachi

Post by tachi » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:37 am

Pokemon X & Y
Fire Emblem Awakenings
Alien Colonial Marines
Metro Last Light

I think that's it to be honest.......
Pretty boring line up I've seen so far :(
Greetings Mortal, Are You Ready To Die?

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:00 am

in all seriousness
i am not looking forward towards anything this year
i prefer to let myself be surprised and ill see what i can get and thats about it
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:06 am

Grid 2 (PC)
Grid 2 (PC)
Grid 2 (PC)
Pikmin 3 (Wii-U)
Grid 2 (PC)
Aliens Colonial Marines (Wii-U & PC)
Grid 2 (PC)
Planetary Annihilation (PC)
Grid 2 (PC)
Plants vs Zombies 2 (PC)
Project Cars (PC) also is now coming to the Wii-U so maybe have a look at that too.....
Neverwinter (PC)
Grid 2 (PC)

And just in case you didn't know it,

GRID 2 (PC)

:D
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/