Your Ideal Game

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Ninetyeightytwo

Your Ideal Game

Post by Ninetyeightytwo » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:38 pm

This is such a perennial favourite topic of discussion for those who game that it's almost certainly popped up already on these forums. But rather than trawl through the archives, let us have a new thread for 2013!

My ideal game would be an open-end RPG set in the Grim Fandango universe where you play as a member of the underground Lost Souls Alliance.

Allow me to share my ideas in some detail: http://ninetyeightytwo.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... rt-my.html

How about you?

psj3809

Re: Your Ideal Game

Post by psj3809 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:40 pm

Would love an Elite style game but once you land at a docking station its like an FPS, can go to various shops/talk to people/get missions etc, or land on a planet and explore the different towns/get missions etc.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:56 pm

A big old action RPG! Much like Fallout/Skyrim but with rare loot on the same level as red drops in Too Human. Also, it should come is some snazzy collectors edition box design but actually not come with any manual or guide, just put the game in and you are on your own. Add in the brutality of the Demon Soul arseness too! I'd jizz

edit:

Or just give me a god damn working Star Trek game that is awesome and incorporate all aspects of the Star Trek stuff, big old space battle and planet exporation stuff ..... and no, I don't mean Star Trek online

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:39 pm

The managerial, tactical and database of Football Manager crossed with the gameplay of FIFA 13..... :mrgreen:

Freestyler

Post by Freestyler » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:42 pm

Yes indeed, definitely a Skyrim/Oblivion/Fallout style game that can censored you up completely if you make the wrong decisions.

I'm weary of games that handhold you into not making decisions that can make your own gaming experience difficult. In Oblivion (and especially Morrowind) you could severely scupper your chances of survival if you spent all day long levelling up Cooking and Cleaning (so to speak) so when you went out into the Big Bad world you got rinsed by the first crab or rat that crossed your path! Lovely! :lol:

Fallout 3 set in a Frontier: Elite 2 universe of planets? With infinite character customisation? With the option of lots more planets being added as DLC (c'mon Publishers... Admit it. That got your interest! :P )

Set as first person or third person over-the-shoulder cover system combat?

WHAT'S NOT TO LOVE?!?!?!? :shock: :shock:
Freestyler: A customer that's too hard to please, complains all the time and wants everything for next to nothing.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:46 pm

My Ideal game is Kerplunk ;)
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:53 pm

Freestyler wrote:Yes indeed, definitely a Skyrim/Oblivion/Fallout style game that can censored you up completely if you make the wrong decisions.

I'm weary of games that handhold you into not making decisions that can make your own gaming experience difficult. In Oblivion (and especially Morrowind) you could severely scupper your chances of survival if you spent all day long levelling up Cooking and Cleaning (so to speak) so when you went out into the Big Bad world you got rinsed by the first crab or rat that crossed your path! Lovely! :lol:

Fallout 3 set in a Frontier: Elite 2 universe of planets? With infinite character customisation? With the option of lots more planets being added as DLC (c'mon Publishers... Admit it. That got your interest! :P )

Set as first person or third person over-the-shoulder cover system combat?

WHAT'S NOT TO LOVE?!?!?!? :shock: :shock:
closest to that is the amazing Mass Effect trilogy

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:58 pm

I didn't rate any of the Mass Effect crap ....... but I do intend to go back and have another go but it's at the bottom of a very long 'got to get around to doing' list

Ninetyeightytwo

Post by Ninetyeightytwo » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:14 pm

People like open world games. How about that!

I'd also like to see a Hellblazer game that's faithful to it's source material. I don't care what genre it is so long as it captures the atmosphere of the comics. But given the amount of talking and conning Constantine does - and the fact that he rarely, if ever, raises a gun - it would more than certainly be a graphic adventure in the vein of that Blade Runner game.

ZXSabreman

Post by ZXSabreman » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:26 pm

Basically Dark Souls set in a much larger world !!
"Time fades even legend..."

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:38 pm

I would love a modern day Elite crossed with Mass Effect style on-foot sections!

Or an open-world Pokemon game....Skyrim with Pokemon! :D

Mootown

Post by Mootown » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:27 pm

A game like x-men vs Streetfighter only with gen 1 Transformers. 2D, by Capcom, on Saturn. With an 8 meg cart.

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:06 pm

Mootown wrote:A game like x-men vs Streetfighter only with gen 1 Transformers. 2D, by Capcom, on Saturn. With an 8 meg cart.
Order placed.

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:00 pm

psj3809 wrote:Would love an Elite style game but once you land at a docking station its like an FPS, can go to various shops/talk to people/get missions etc, or land on a planet and explore the different towns/get missions etc.
Sort of like that only it's based on maintaining your ship and earning enough to keep your crew alive, like Firefly possibly. That'd be a good one.

Maybe mixing Elite with Star Control, The Sims and Starflight.
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

Hiro

Post by Hiro » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:06 pm

This one's easy: Outrun 2013 developed by Sumo Digital 8)

Why care about the weather
It always ends in dark