How OCD are you with your inventory?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

RUOK

How OCD are you with your inventory?

Post by RUOK » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:51 pm

I've been playing the NTSC version of Resi 4 and I have found myself obsessively sorting out my XL attache case for about 5/10 mins at a time...

I had all my guns at the top, then the nades laid out in order with spaces between for any additional I picked up and the same with the ammo.

Then all the herbs were laid out in order and I pre mixed a few of them while leaving some greens on their own.

Luckliy most FF games will auto sort, but if a game doesn't I really have to do it myself. It was the same with my house in Fallout 3.

How OCD are you with your inventory screen organisation? Do you go crazy and make sure its all in order or just let it hang? Obviously getting organised can help your game progression but is it worth obsessing over?
Last edited by RUOK on Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

koopa42

Re: How OCD are you with your inventory?

Post by koopa42 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:54 pm

Are you fcuking kidding? In Oblivion I kept various weapons and armours in different houses. In fallout 3? I lined up all my mini nukes on a shelf in my house. I have a pic somewhere LOL

RUOK

Post by RUOK » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:56 pm

koopa42 wrote: In fallout 3? I lined up all my mini nukes on a shelf in my house. I have a pic somewhere LOL
Post it! Lets see who has the most OCD photo!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:16 pm

Not very,

Collection wise its not in alphabetical order.

Started to with my DVDs as they are a flash of different colours, then got boerd

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:56 am

edit:

That's a crap one, I have a better one

XFile2708

Post by XFile2708 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:30 am

Im the same with my hotbar in MineCraft - its always Pick, Shovel, Sword, Axe, Bow, Building Blocks, Torches, Food, Compass with all the spare ones being kept above each same block :lol:

SoupDragon

Post by SoupDragon » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:04 am

Great pic Koopa! :D

Im not that ocd playing games but I do put the different genres together on the shelf.

SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:07 am

I found I had to be OCD in Resi4 just to squeeze in as much as possibile. I'm slightly OCD in Fallout3, nowhere near as awesome as koops, but again I have to be because of how much gear I've aqquired. The filing cabinet upsatairs is resevered for "special stuff" though ie; unique weapons and so on.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:24 am

RUOK wrote:I've been playing the NTSC version of Resi 4 and I have found myself obsessively sorting out my XL attache case for about 5/10 mins at a time...

I had all my guns at the top, then the nades laid out in order with spaces between for any additional I picked up and the same with the ammo.

Then all the herbs were laid out in order and I pre mixed a few of them while leaving some greens on their own.
I was exactly the same and it got worse when I had all of the unlockable guns (Infinite Launcher, Handcannon, Chicago Typewriter) because I was trying to hold onto older weapons (that I didn't really need) just because I liked them. In the end I kept the aforementioned unlockable 'trilogy' of guns plus the second sniper rifle and both scopes. All the grenades, ammo types and herbs had to be properly organised too. :) Obviously
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

dste

Post by dste » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:26 am

I was the same with Resi 4, initially started off when trying to fit the Rocket Launcher into the case but on subsequent play throughs I now like to keep my case in a nice specific order with weapons to the right, grenades to the top left and herbs in power order in the bottom left.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Rinoa

Post by Rinoa » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:43 am

Quite OCD, but thankfully most of the games I play have an "Auto-Sort" which saves me the hassle!

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:49 am

Not so much inventory but when it comes to football games, I need my shirt numbers and line-up to be in the correct order.

My shirt numbers always need to go like this:

1=GK
2-3 = Full Backs
4-5 = Center Backs
6+8 = Central Midfielders
7+11 = Wingers
9+10 = Strikers
12 = Always reserved for the sub GK

My bench always has to go in this order

GK
DF
DM
CM
WG
STR
STR

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:43 pm

my ocd tends to lie in having to complete all side missions,explore all caves/areas and clear all fog of war even if there is nothing in that area.as i have posted in the past i manually closed every oblivion gate then i lost the save and did it all again for a second time.my oblivion save is a total mess,every cupboard and drawer in every house is stuffed full of every type of thing that can be collected.

my fallout 3 save is better because i only really hoarded unique weapons and a few of each type of weapon for repairs.for my skyrim save i tried to keep certain things in different places and only in one house,if i used another house i just dumped it anywhere.

as for inventory,i've never played resi 4 and can't think of any game that really requires it that i have played,i might move a weapon i use a lot in a list to find it faster but otherwise i don't think it bothers me.
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:56 pm

not at all
i just tend to throw everything in my inventory except weapons and armor in the nearest container and go on my merry lotting ways in fallout 3 and nv
i do tend to keep all the scraps i pick up for some reason
i wil seel weapons and armor but never all the detrius you pick up because you may never know what you can make with them
and then proceed to never do so
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

RetroMartin

Post by RetroMartin » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:51 am

That is a minted pic from Fallout! hahaha!

I can be quite OCD (seeing as I actually contend with it outside of gaming a lot) which usually means I spend a while making sure space is filled up in slot inventory. I'm also massive on doing side missions and making sure everything is as complete as possible (provided it is not to insane)

As mentioned earlier by somebody else - Oblivion item types in different boxes is always a good one for me to do! And I never buy any house but the shitty Imperial Begging District one for storage!

PSN username - MartinPhantom