A couple of questions about a Super Famicom

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

acharris05

A couple of questions about a Super Famicom

Post by acharris05 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:27 am

Hi, I am looking to pick up a Super Famicom and I was wondering other than maybe altering the cartridge slot, is there an adaptor or something that will allow me to play NTSC SNES games on the Famicom. I am sure that you can just put the game PCB and plug it into the Famicom that way, but I was looking at another way.

Also are the import adaptors universal as I got 2 or 3 import carts which I use on my PAL SNES and I was wondering if they would work on the Super Famicom??? As I fancy getting a 60 Mhz system for myself, as I got a MD1 adaptor and a step down converter so im prepared. Thanks.

theantmeister

Re: A couple of questions about a Super Famicom

Post by theantmeister » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:00 pm

Why don't you just buy a US SNES? It is NTSC and you can play Super Famicom games on it with only a small modification. Just clip off the plastic tabs and you're good to go.

Neilos626

Post by Neilos626 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:12 am

There is a bridge adaptor you can buy, to play US carts on the famicom, I'm sure HoneyBee made them.
Flux Capacitors wanted email MartyMcFly1985@greatscott.net

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:46 pm

The bridge adaptor is rather rare. Buying a US machine would just be easier, especially if you are going to mod the cart slot anyway.

I think the import adaptors are universal. I use a games master convertor on my US snes to play PAL stuff.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:35 pm

I'm using a Action Replay 2 on my Super Famicom and it plays everything I threw at it even Pal Konami stuff like Lethal Enforcers and Rainbow Bell.. Even the cheap old adapters will play most stuff.. Your getting one of the Super Famicoms from Otaku Zoku is it? I just bought a Jap Final Fight 2 of him :D
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"