Novastorm, Mega cd.

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

DoraemonTheCat

Re: Novastorm, Mega cd.

Post by DoraemonTheCat » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:28 pm

tux wrote:
DoraemonTheCat wrote:Think you'll find that Novastorm sells for between £10-£16 tops. That's if in Mint condition and complete with instructions. However, if you see an auction for Novastorm on eBay from the seller spence.77 - expect it to have a Buy Now price of about £300 :shock:

Thats cool, i genuinly didnt mean this as a value thread. It was just strange how i couldnt really find the game mentioned much or listed anywhere. Like the feeling i may own something that not hordes of people do....even if its worth about as much as a pint. Mega CD was never my thing, so it just seemed easier to ask on here, i knew someone would know.
I'm a big fan of PAL Mega CD games - not so much for playing, but it's a generally nice set to collect for. The cases are my fave for any system, there are a couple of AAA titles, Shining Force CD, Final Fight CD, Sonic CD, Shining Force, Keio Flying Squadron, Lords of Thunder..... There is also a lot of FMV tat (all the games from Digital Pictures) like Supreme Warrior and Corpse Killer.

If you want to see the best Mega CD web-site on the web, check out The PAL Mega CD Library (google it)

tekaotaku

Post by tekaotaku » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:33 pm

DoraemonTheCat wrote:
tux wrote:
DoraemonTheCat wrote:Think you'll find that Novastorm sells for between £10-£16 tops. That's if in Mint condition and complete with instructions. However, if you see an auction for Novastorm on eBay from the seller spence.77 - expect it to have a Buy Now price of about £300 :shock:

Thats cool, i genuinly didnt mean this as a value thread. It was just strange how i couldnt really find the game mentioned much or listed anywhere. Like the feeling i may own something that not hordes of people do....even if its worth about as much as a pint. Mega CD was never my thing, so it just seemed easier to ask on here, i knew someone would know.
I'm a big fan of PAL Mega CD games - not so much for playing, but it's a generally nice set to collect for. The cases are my fave for any system, there are a couple of AAA titles, Shining Force CD, Final Fight CD, Sonic CD, Shining Force, Keio Flying Squadron, Lords of Thunder.....
**cough** **cough** SNATCHER......I could honestly bang on about this game all day but I'll give peoples eyes a rest :lol:
Image - "still barking at the silver moon!"

DoraemonTheCat

Post by DoraemonTheCat » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:36 pm

The Laird wrote:Yeah it's pretty rare, I got mine for £20 but it was on a BIN and I had never seen it listed before then. I was later told it's one of the hardest games to pick up in PAL.
Who told you that!?! They are telling you porkies :shock:

Rarest PAL Mega CD Games

Adventures of Batman & Robin
Fatal Fury Special
Samurai Shodown
Syndicate
Marko's Magic Football
The Smurfs
Theme Park
Flink
Farenheit

There are a few more, and only the first three in that list are in order

DoraemonTheCat

Post by DoraemonTheCat » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:47 pm

James A wrote:Why has he got California Games on the Master System for £999.00. Is he dumb or just dyslexic and dosen't know where to put the decimal place???
You're missing the point

spence lists several games with the £999 price for a reason

It's very simple - he is ALWAYS at the top of the page when you select PRICE - HIGHEST FIRST when you do a search, and when people see a game that generally sells for a few quid with that price, people are going to wonder what other games he has listed with such retarded prices - so they step into his "shop" and that's exactly what he wanted in the first place, or they just search his other listings - so he has managed to get their attention, and he may get a sale on another game he is selling with a fair to moderate price

So, in that respect it is actually quite clever

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:24 pm

DoraemonTheCat wrote: I have inside information on certain eBay sellers - the spinecard belonged to a mini-me spence called dimsega - sorry, I mean timsega - he went to the same business school as spence.
Ah good old timsega...I have both him and spence blocked from buying my items. Spence bought a 32X lead off me for around £9 once and it took him forever and a year to pay for it :roll: . So I blocked him and did the same for timsega just for the hell of it.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:27 pm

DoraemonTheCat wrote:
The Laird wrote:Yeah it's pretty rare, I got mine for £20 but it was on a BIN and I had never seen it listed before then. I was later told it's one of the hardest games to pick up in PAL.

Rarest PAL Mega CD Games

Fatal Fury Special
Samurai Shodown
Syndicate
Marko's Magic Football
The Smurfs
Theme Park
Flink
Farenheit

Watch out, this post will have been reported for trolling! :wink:
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

tux

Post by tux » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:56 am

DoraemonTheCat wrote:

Rarest PAL Mega CD Games

Fatal Fury Special
Samurai Shodown
Syndicate
Marko's Magic Football
The Smurfs
Theme Park
Flink
Farenheit

I literally have nothing in that list, ah, shucks. Nearest i have to a valuable game in my Mega CD "stuff"* is Earthworm Jim i would guess.

*I say "stuff" because to call my 14 or so Mega cd games a "collection" would be laughable :lol: