Novastorm, Mega cd.

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

tux

Novastorm, Mega cd.

Post by tux » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:16 am

Sorry to do a thread like this but im drawing blanks when doing various research so i thought you guys/gals may be able to help.

Im a complete novice when it comes to Sega mega cd history, i chose to buy a CDTV then a CD32 and somehow bought even more ill-faited consoles back in the day! I managed to get hold of a Mega cd about 5months ago and it came with a stack of games. I havent really bothered with it much since so am semi-thinking about getting rid. Was going to just bundle it all together but after finding out which games would be hard to find again, or have value, i came up with all the answears i needed...apart from Novastorm? Now this isnt a "value my game" thread(although you can if you like :lol: ), what i actually want to know is, is it a rare find on the Mega cd? I cant find any on Ebay and the basic other checks ive done have come up with bugger all. If it is a difficult game to get hold of ill probably keep it, just for the sake of it. If however its just doesnt happen to be mentioned much anywhere but is easy to get hold of normally- it can go.

Cheers in advance.

The Laird

Re: Novastorm, Mega cd.

Post by The Laird » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:04 am

Yeah it's pretty rare, I got mine for £20 but it was on a BIN and I had never seen it listed before then. I was later told it's one of the hardest games to pick up in PAL.

tux

Post by tux » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:11 am

Ah, cool, thanks for that. Did al my usual checks and came up with nothing so i thought it may be one of the harder to find Pal games. Ill be holding on to it then, for curiosty value alone.

DoraemonTheCat

Post by DoraemonTheCat » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:37 pm

Think you'll find that Novastorm sells for between £10-£16 tops. That's if in Mint condition and complete with instructions. However, if you see an auction for Novastorm on eBay from the seller spence.77 - expect it to have a Buy Now price of about £300 :shock:

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:19 pm

DoraemonTheCat wrote:Think you'll find that Novastorm sells for between £10-£16 tops. That's if in Mint condition and complete with instructions. However, if you see an auction for Novastorm on eBay from the seller spence.77 - expect it to have a Buy Now price of about £300 :shock:

you wil find that most of us here will know uhh quite a lot about spence and his absolutley ludicrous prices
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

DoraemonTheCat

Post by DoraemonTheCat » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:13 pm

Please tell me they post on here - I need my spirit lifting, and I just know that having a chat with this person will have me in stitches. He MUST be a comedian - maybe someone rich and famous, who collects and sells for a laugh - I heard Jason Manford was a big Megadrive fan. It could be him

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:19 pm

DoraemonTheCat wrote:Please tell me they post on here - I need my spirit lifting, and I just know that having a chat with this person will have me in stitches. He MUST be a comedian - maybe someone rich and famous, who collects and sells for a laugh - I heard Jason Manford was a big Megadrive fan. It could be him
He was briefly here trying to defend his actions (in the thread for ridiculous ebay prices which was very popular but seems to have died a death) and chatting a load of rubbish. If somebody wants to buy to re-sell then that's their business but his prices are utterly insane and the listing fees alone must be horror. It sucks because anybody into Mega CD collecting will have their ebay searches dominated by his crazy prices and people playing copycat.

It reminds me of the time I saw some complete joker asking around £200 for the spinecard to Snatcher :roll:
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

tux

Post by tux » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:53 pm

DoraemonTheCat wrote:Think you'll find that Novastorm sells for between £10-£16 tops. That's if in Mint condition and complete with instructions. However, if you see an auction for Novastorm on eBay from the seller spence.77 - expect it to have a Buy Now price of about £300 :shock:

Thats cool, i genuinly didnt mean this as a value thread. It was just strange how i couldnt really find the game mentioned much or listed anywhere. Like the feeling i may own something that not hordes of people do....even if its worth about as much as a pint. Mega CD was never my thing, so it just seemed easier to ask on here, i knew someone would know.

James A

Post by James A » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:59 pm

Earlier this year Spence77 bought some boxed NES games off of me. He paid well over the odds for them as he got in a bidding war with another buyer (much to me delight). He was a sod to get to pay and in the end i had to get ebay inolved eventually getting the money off of him. I checked his listings a few weeks later and he had the stuff relisted but with only £5 extra on each one. Really didn't seem like it was worth the effort. Saying that though all it takes is one or two people a week to bit on his over priced stuff and hes quids in.

RUOK

Post by RUOK » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:09 pm

Holy censored. I just looked this guy up...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/spence.77/m.html?_sop=3

Who in their right mind would pay these prices??? I mean a grand for a loose Power Monger cart??

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:17 pm

RUOK wrote:Holy censored. I just looked this guy up...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/spence.77/m.html?_sop=3

Who in their right mind would pay these prices??? I mean a grand for a loose Power Monger cart??
and then later on he has a dreamcast with 6 games and 2 controllers for a very reasonable 40

i suppose things like that keep him afloat
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:39 pm

Kolibri - Sealed - cheaper than a crappy sun faded copy of Zoom.

I always just assumed he has / had dyslexia.

James A

Post by James A » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:41 pm

Why has he got California Games on the Master System for £999.00. Is he dumb or just dyslexic and dosen't know where to put the decimal place???

tekaotaku

Post by tekaotaku » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:14 pm

The thing I like about Spence is he/she/it asks for £999 then wants £2.75 for p&P......cheeky bast'd...

To get a little back on topic, I had a quick look on eBay for Novastorm and never knew there was a PS1 release, apparently full screen and with a few extras like a side scrolling shump. Seems cheap enough, may pick it up after Christmas.
Image - "still barking at the silver moon!"

DoraemonTheCat

Post by DoraemonTheCat » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:23 pm

Megamixer wrote:
DoraemonTheCat wrote:Please tell me they post on here - I need my spirit lifting, and I just know that having a chat with this person will have me in stitches. He MUST be a comedian - maybe someone rich and famous, who collects and sells for a laugh - I heard Jason Manford was a big Megadrive fan. It could be him
He was briefly here trying to defend his actions (in the thread for ridiculous ebay prices which was very popular but seems to have died a death) and chatting a load of rubbish. If somebody wants to buy to re-sell then that's their business but his prices are utterly insane and the listing fees alone must be horror. It sucks because anybody into Mega CD collecting will have their ebay searches dominated by his crazy prices and people playing copycat.

It reminds me of the time I saw some complete joker asking around £200 for the spinecard to Snatcher :roll:
I have inside information on certain eBay sellers - the spinecard belonged to a mini-me spence called dimsega - sorry, I mean timsega - he went to the same business school as spence.

This muppet bought the Boxed Limited Edition releases of Phantom 2049, Primal Rage and two others in Australia for around £70 each, and he has spent the last year trying to sell them for over a couple of thousand!! If you go to eBay and select "price - highest first" followed by "completed listings" you will see several of his games

He also gets his partner to ask sellers to sell outside of eBay (Buy It Now) - her ID is kaileyandtim (private feedback) - the reason Tim won't ask, is because when sellers check his feedback, they realise he is a game seller himself - and trying to pull a fast one - hence why kaileyandtime ID has Private feedback status.

He must think he's so smart, when he's really just an asshat